Iranian-American Pastor Writes of Tortureto Renounce Faith in Iran Prison

An Iranian-American pastor imprisoned for planting house churches in Iran years ago writes that he is undergoing torture, death threats, and pressure to renounce his faith from prison officials and inmates. Saeed Abedini, 32, described his ordeal in a letter to family members that was released by his U.S.-based attorneys. In the letter, dated Feb. 18, he said that maltreatment in the notorious Evin Prison is such that his eyes "get blurry, my body does not have the strength to walk, and my steps become very weak and shaky."
Prison conditions include “various (bullying) groups, the psychological warfare, a year of not seeing my family, physical violence, actions committed to humiliate me, insults, being mocked, being confronted with extremists in the prison who create another prison within the prison walls, and the death threats,” he wrote.
The Tehran prison is infamous for its maltreatment of political dissidents and government protestors. Activists and converts to Christianity serve time alongside murderers and rapists in one of the world’s most dangerous prisons.

Read more at Iranian-American Pastor Abedini Writes of Torture, Pressure to Renounce Faith in Iran Prison

Governments are run by sociopaths therefore torture here and there does not bother them in the least.