Is it possble for Trump to become more Conservative?

I have not been in his corner from the start, though there are moments in which I understand his position. Especially in his comment regarding immigration and abuses, “we either have a country or we don’t”. Ok valid points, though the manner in which he generally expresses this involves far too much foaming at the mouth, his premise as explained by many of you on here is valid.

He has stated he will be “big on the military”. A fairly broad statement, but it is amiable to most conservatives.

The question I have is, is it possible for Trump when choosing a VP and his team around him that he is persuades or influenced to become more conservative? Support smaller government and conservative economic principles for example, or, is he too rigid to understand why so many don’t consider him a conservative?

It’s not possible.

Because you cannot use a measuring stick like Conservative<–>Liberal with someone like Trump. You might as well ask if Chief Sitting Bull was liberal or conserative.

Trump is a seventy-year-old child with a new playtoy; and a new playmate, Roger Stone. Stone’s shown him how to fling the gasoline of slander and complex narrative-lies out and then light them off.

So Trump and his buddy Stone are having fun throwing sh!it-bombs on neighbors’ front porches.

Eventually the fun stops. Either someone intercedes and takes them off the street; or someone’s house catches fire.

Trump can be whatever you want him to be for your vote. :rofl:

You mean, you can make him into whatever you want him to be.

In your mind.

Someone who pretends to be all things to all people…in truth…is nothing…to NOBODY.

And this, too, is a Democrat trait. Both Jimmuh Cahteh and Barry Soetoro, were two-dimensional cardboard cutouts. Jimmuh turned out to be an angry, incompetent anti-semite. Soetoro turned out to be a stupid, incompetent stealth-Moslem.

What’s Trumpy gonna turn out to be, besides angry and incompetent? And how did he wind up in the wrong political party for his sort of “platform” - which is, a slotted two-by-four, into which you stick the cardboard cutout?

No, because Trump is a fraud.

As much as I hate him…I promised myself and told others I’ll be holding my nose for party unity, but I honestly don’t know if I can vote for him.

Rubio is another fraud.

He ran on the issue of Illegal Immigration - and then took the OPPOSITE tack. WORKED for the opposite.

He was THE most dishonest of candidates.

That said…as it looks to me now, he’d be preferable to Trumpy.

The only voters Trump is courting are the Bernie Sanders voters and the Paulbots, he will get the Establishment GOP because he is an extreme Leftist and they will vote ideology in spite of Trump going around them instead of kissing their ring; Trump has made it his mission to end the Tea Party influence for good and it seems like he has succeeded at this point.

So it seems - but since the Tea Party is decentralized, it’s hard to tell.

But the issues which created it, remain - and will get worse - and soon. Collapse is imminent.

Is it possible for Trump to become more conservative? NO. You don’t "“BECOME” something you’re not, overnight. He can pretend to be - but convictions take time and conversions seldom happen in old men.

Conservatism is not a posture and not a stance on issues. Conservatism is a belief system and way of life.

Trump rejects it. As SHOWN in his actions, all throughout his history.

[quote=“JustPassinThru, post:2, topic:48699”]
It’s not possible.

Because you cannot use a measuring stick like Conservative<–>Liberal with someone like Trump. You might as well ask if Chief Sitting Bull was liberal or conserative.

Trump is a seventy-year-old child with a new playtoy; and a new playmate, Roger Stone. Stone’s shown him how to fling the gasoline of slander and complex narrative-lies out and then light them off.

So Trump and his buddy Stone are having fun throwing sh!it-bombs on neighbors’ front porches.

Eventually the fun stops. Either someone intercedes and takes them off the street; or someone’s house catches fire.
[/quote]There is nothing wrong with being 70 but one’s beliefs should be established and not change from day to day.