Is Tom Price spending $400k (in just 5 months) using a government waste of taxpayer dollars?

I tried to find this story in Conservative media to source it, but I couldn’t find it. Not saying it’s not there, but I couldn’t find it.

Wait, strike that, I found it on Fox, but curiously it doesn’t mention the amount. Hmmmm.

Anyway, does anyone see this as a problem? Anyone here going to defend it?

By way of comparison, the two DHHS secretaries under Obama used a private government jet one time, or so my liberal sources say.

Price’s office previously defended the use of charter planes as necessary to ”[get] outside of D.C., making sure he is connected with the real American people.”

What say you Conservatives?

In a Democratic administration, this would be “unforgivable government waste”.

For my part, the hypocrisy is the part that bothers me most.

Not enough facts to sort out what the reality may be, but at first blush it does not sound good, but there may be some justification???

That said, 2 words: Nancy Pelosi:

“The records were obtained via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). According to documents uncovered by Judicial Watch in January 2011, Pelosi used the Air Force aircraft for a total of 43 trips, covering 90,155 miles, from January 1 through October 1, 2010. Judicial Watch, through FOIA, continues to pursue other records related to Pelosi’s use of Air Force aircraft.Previous documents obtained by Judicial Watch show the former Speaker’s military travel cost the USAF $2,100,744.59 over one two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. For example, purchases for one Pelosi-led congressional delegation traveling from Washington, DC, through Tel Aviv, Israel to Baghdad, Iraq May 15-20, 2008 included: Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine.”

Like I said, it’s not the travel that bothers me, it’s the hypocrisy.

It’s kinda hard to belong to an administration that talks about “government waste” and “draining the swamp” and “playing golf/ taking vacations” and then not only do the same things but in some cases do even more of those things.

It just proves that Trump and his administration are no different than other administrations except that they’ve crafted the perception that they care about those issues (well, they are different in many other ways, but they are the same in all the ways that matter with respect to this issue). When people find out there aren’t any different, they either have to lie to themselves or admit the truth.

That in many ways, this administration doesn’t really care about the issues they campaigned on.

LIKE I SAID: Not enough facts to sort out what the reality may be, but at first blush it does not sound good, but there may be some justification???

FACTS have never been your strong suit…