Islamic State personal data files reported in hands of German federal police

Islamic State personal data files reported in hands of German federal police - World - CBC News

The expansion of these cowards is about to be impacted greatly. Excellent intelligence work. I am all about privacy and due process, but the release of such names as is suggested by the U.S army colonel below will force people to defend the accusations, as this file has been deemed legitimate. It would also allow intelligence agencies to do their own vetting and trace the steps of those accused. I imagine they would find information, details and sources of radicalization they would have otherwise missed.

U.S. army Col. Steve Warren, spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, said the information could help the coalition fight the group by aiding in a crack-down on ISIS’s foreign fighter networks.

He said that while he was not able to verify the documents, he hoped that “if there is a media outlet that has these names and numbers, I hope they publish them.” This would help bring attention to the problem of foreign fighters joining ISIS, and would help law enforcement crack down on the problem, he said.

“This would allow the law enforcement apparatus across the world to become much more engaged and begin to help do what we can to stem this flow of foreign fighters — so we’re hopeful that its accurate and if so we certainly plan to do everything we can to help,” he said.