It's a Bad Time to be a Republican/Conservative Right Now:

Current time is 1:00 PM. Currently President Obama is holding a press conference attacking Republicans as if it’s our fault that the spending in this country is out of control.

“They will not collect a ransom in exchange for not crashing the economy,” he said at the final news conference of his first term. “The full faith and credit of the United States of America is not a bargaining chip. And they better decide quickly because time is running short.”

News from The Associated Press

Since Romney failed to convince the troops that he was better than Obama. Obama now has extreme power! Obama is planning on destroying the Republican Party in his second term. If the words of his press conference are to be taken literally Obama will get his wish.

The Republican Party destroyed the Republican Party, Obama is just a lightweight imbecile who was fortunate enough to run against them the last two times.

He doesn’t like you any better RET. In fact, John Boehner and other Moderate Republicans worked with him recently on the taxes. So one could say, it’s people like you who is allowing the President to attack the Republicans because of their association with people like you. That’s how Obama sees it.

So since you are the people he is talking about, he likes you worse than the actual republican party, since it’s well know many conservatives would rather not be in the republican party.

Last term, it’s easy to play extra tough now and still point fingers in the blame game.

[quote=“jjf3rd77, post:3, topic:37828”]
He doesn’t like you any better RET. In fact, John Boehner and other Moderate Republicans worked with him recently on the taxes. So one could say, it’s people like you who is allowing the President to attack the Republicans because of their association with people like you. That’s how Obama sees it.

So since you are the people he is talking about, he likes you worse than the actual republican party, since it’s well know many conservatives would rather not be in the republican party.
[/quote]Huh? It’s RET’s fault why? Because RET opposes Obama and those who would capitulate? What?!

Of course Obama “Doesn’t like me”, He is a Communist, Racist Traitor. I would start worrying if Obama “liked me”, it would mean I was helping him achieve his goal.

That has nothing to do with whether he can “destroy the Republican Party”. The GOP decided to abandon Conservatism and in so doing lost their position as a legitimate alternative with an opposing vision in favor of being a Party who agrees fundamentally with the Demoncrats.

Now they must argue nuance, convince voters that they can implement the same destructive philosophy in a way that works better than the Demoncrats.

I will not pretend that this is a worthwhile goal because it is not a worthwhile goal, I also will not blame Obama for decisions that the Establishment GOP made entirely on their own.

If all Republicans talked like you, there wouldn’t be a single one holding office anywhere.

And the republicans that did talk like him, didn’t win the primary. In fact, his guy Newt Gingrich only won Georgia and South Carolina! That’s one other state besides his home state.

Oh yeah, So John McCain picking Sarah Palin as a VP was abandoning conservatives. Mitt Romney picking Paul Ryan was abandoning conservatives… If you think Moderate Republicans fundamentally agree with democrats you need to get your head out of the sand. We cannot possibly operate the government if both sides always fight and bicker. As conservatives you have to pick the battles that you know you can win, and I think the conservatives have done a pretty good job pushing conservative legislature.

The Democrats control the power at the top, and we know it’s very hard to challenge the senate and the democratic leadership. That’s why Republicans still like to take the battle away from the federal government and to the states. As much as some may hate John Boehner and the leadership in the House, we have been battling Obama and his cronies on this same issue every year for the past five years!!!

If you find yourself hating republicans, it’s because you drank the liberal kool-aid! It’s because you believe the democrats when they say it’s our fault, when it is in fact theirs! They are the ones who refuse to compromise, they are the ones who refuse to make a deal, and they are the extremists!

It was throwing conservatives a bone.

We warn against abandoning principles and the Moderates tell us to shut up and play along. We say cut spending, Mod’s reach across the and work out a deal that increases it. We then get the blame for Mod’s having to increase spending. We say don’t raise the debt ceiling, we get blamed when it “has” to be raised to cover the spending we were against in the first place. Today’s Repub’s have no principles.

[quote=“jjf3rd77, post:9, topic:37828”]
Oh yeah, So John McCain picking Sarah Palin as a VP was abandoning conservatives. Mitt Romney picking Paul Ryan was abandoning conservatives… If you think Moderate Republicans fundamentally agree with democrats you need to get your head out of the sand. We cannot possibly operate the government if both sides always fight and bicker.** As conservatives you have to pick the battles that you know you can win, and I think the conservatives have done a pretty good job pushing conservative legislature.
The Democrats control the power at the top, and we know it’s very hard to challenge the senate and the democratic leadership. That’s why Republicans still like to take the battle away from the federal government and to the states. As much as some may hate John Boehner and the leadership in the House, we have been battling Obama and his cronies on this same issue every year for the past five years!!!

If you find yourself hating republicans, it’s because you drank the liberal kool-aid! It’s because you believe the democrats when they say it’s our fault, when it is in fact theirs! They are the ones who refuse to compromise, they are the ones who refuse to make a deal, and they are the extremists!
[/quote]Nonsense. I agree that the Dems are the problem, but the Pubbies contribute almost as much to the situation, as the Dems.
I was a Republican. I have not changed. I still hold the same convictions I had, when I voted against Carter. It is the GOP, that has changed. Why? To try to be “electable”.
I bolded that statement above, because, unlike Republicans, I believe in fighting for a cause, because it is right, not because I think I can win. As long as Republicans like Jazz and Cam exist, I will continue to fight AGAINST the wrongs they condone. I refuse to side with Republicans, just to work against the Dems. I choose my battles by the Right or Wrong, involved.
Your misconceptions abound. McLame picked Sarah, because he knew conservatives would never endorse his Liberal views. Mitt picked Ryan, to try to get the youth, conservatives and women, on his side. He needed youth.
Don’t be so naive as to think your beloved party leaders are some crusading heroes. They are opportunistic politicians, just like the Dems. They preach fiscal responsibility, but DO nothing to promote paying down the debt, or balancing the non existent budget. They’ll lie to you, just like the Dems will.

The Republicans are losing because they tolerated racists within their party in the '60s and '70s, since then, Constitutional Conservatism has been seen as a rich white guy ideology.

Yes, the party that got the Civil Rights Act pushed through against the wishes of the Southern Democrats was just riddled with racists.

Until the '60s, the Republicans were the ones who fought for civil rights. But then Nixon came along, and took the racists in the South away from the Democratic Party, and for the first time since Reconstruction, the South went Republican. The GOP then cozied up to the likes of Strom Thurmond. Do you really think 90% of Blacks, or 66% of Hispanics vote Democrat because they are progressive, no, its because the GOP forced them into the DNC. Minorities agree with Republicans on a lot (the right to life, traditional marriage), but the Republicans made sure they didn’t take steps to drive people like Thurmond and Duke from their party, and are suffering the tragic consequences. I say this as a Conservative.

1. That’s the entire point! Conservatives have failed to win the presidency ever since Reagan. Actually depending on your definition of Conservative, I don’t think any Conservative has ever been President, because technically you have to work with the other side to be in government, or at least to get noticed. Even Reagan had some liberal qualities because he once was one. He worked with both parties. That’s what you have to do. If Republicans cannot beat Obama using the logical voting platform of the economy as Romney ran on, then I don’t think more conservative values such as running a platform based on religious legislation will help…at all! What we need to do is stop bickering, especially among each other, stop complaining about liberal bias and how “unfair” the democrats are to us, and do something about it! I liked Newt Gingrich when he got into John King’s face during one of the debate to challenge his bias. We need to do this in a way that is appealing to the folks! Because as it stands right now, we are the minority and not at all very appealing to the low information voters. We will continue to be the minority until something is done about it, message wise.

2. Obama believes his principles are right too. Politics especially politics under Obama is a game. It is deal making it is bill passing! That’s all they do 24/7. Why do you think the most ideological bills never pass? It’s because there is nothing in it for people who don’t believe in the same things you do!

As you all may know, in my spare time I study Ron Paul, the inconsistencies of libertarian thought, and it’s cult like followers. They are very vocal and they believe their principles are right. Yet, Ron Paul was their most idealistic congressman. The guy who gave them a voice in Congress. He voted his consciousness on most bills. Some say all, but that’s wrong! Yet, if their ideas were so right, then the Ron Paul Revolution should have captured all of Congress and right now, Ron Paul would be President and we would all be moving towards a libertarian utopia. Which oddly resembles a totalitarian government.

We are not, because nobody else in Congress believed what Ron Paul believed in. That’s why he voted no on most things and why he couldn’t get meaningful legislation passed.

The minority vote is lost to the Right due to constant a bombardment of lies from the Left compounded by a complacent media and race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson who’s sole source of income relies on continuing the divide.

Alright you’re gonna have to explain this to me. How does being a Libertarian equate to totalitarian? What philosophy of Libertarianism resembles anything used in a single party/individual government political structure based on complete control of social, economic, and spiritual aspects of the society? Please, I am dying to hear this.

I’m not going to explain it all to you right here and right now, it’s too long and in depth. Not too mention off topic. I’ve written some very philosophical points on my blog which is in my signature. This is not an effort to advertise the blog however, you are free to click on it if you want or you are free to think that I have no idea what I am talking about without even reading my blog. Hell, you might say that anyway once you read my blog. I don’t really care.

But you did ask and that’s my explanation, take it or leave it. Either PM me here or leave me a comment on the blog and I’ll see how I can help you understand.