ITs been a hellva week!!!!

NOT in order:

1. An App that holds all my freq sites data bit the dust and took the data with it…

2. First day this past week I have been home all day due to outside appointments

3. Am extending my barn by 21 feet and that has sucked the air out of my day since my contractor starts at 5 am

4. I had just unloaded a excavator off my trailer and moved it out to the barn, came back, changed clothes and went out to the trailer to gather up my tie down straps, wife came out and was talking to me as I stood on the trailer when I felt it move, suddenly it starts rolling and gaining speed, the truck and trailer almost run over my wife, so she dodges it and dropped her iPhone, you guessed it the truck and trailer ran over her fone, I am hanging on for dear life as the truck and trailer now screaming are heading down the hill to my pond. Finally it slams to a stop, trailer is jackknifed, truck is on the edge of dropping into the pond and in fact the right side wheels are off the ground. Somehow I lived thru the ordeal. Waiting for the ins company to tell me if the truck is totaled…brought tears to my eyes, I ordered the truck its a '15 F 350 Dually King Ranch, a really nice truck.

Yea, been a busy week…

Thankfully you and the missus are alright. If you want excitement in your life there are other ways of going about it.

LOL, my wife is still shaken up from watching me hang to the trailer as it went downhill, somehow it all stayed upright, but if the truck was over another couple of feet the whole thing would have rolled down the embankment into the pond (which is dry now due to lack of rain) and that would have really be bad for me and the truck-trailer.

Crap 17Oaks it does sound like your having a bad time now. The one thing that I would warn you is that I have found that bad things come in 3’s. I know, I know it’s an old saying (superstition) but over the years I’ve found that it happens more often than not. We aren’t having a great year so far either. My youngest is getting a divorce & it looks like I’m going to end up paying for it. I guess I should have put the word “expensive” in there somewhere in that sentence. Also one of our dogs developed some sort of immune problem & we have been throwing money at that. Looks like the money saved the little fellow & there may be an good end in sight within the next month or two but it’s been expensive. I don’t worry about it to much because I learned long ago that the really important stuff in life is the stuff that money can’t fix. So if money can fix it then it isn’t a problem. Oh & our 3rd thing is a new medical problem, minor at this time but of course something to worry about. I yearn for the boring life I have had for the last 6 or 7 years before all of this kicked up.
I hope your run of bad luck has ended.

You are so right Tex, they come in 3’s, there is a 3rd rail here and I just have not mentioned it, waiting on an upcoming CAT scan to give me an answer.

As they say, life’s a bitch and then you die! I believe that the day you are born the Grim Reaper starts coming for you and my goal has always been to make sure that SOB is tired and out of breath when he shows up.

waiting on an upcoming CAT scan to give me an answer.
Keep me posted on the results.
As they say, life’s a bitch and then you die!
If your doctors are like mine, don’t tell them that. My doctors get shook up when they tell me bad news & I don’t get shook up. I think that it drives them crazy. I’ve explained to them that somewhere around 40 I realized that sooner or later I was going to die. Around 60 I figured out that I was on borrowed time & what time I have left I’m not going to spend worrying about it. Heck I’m shocked to be in as good of shape at my age as I am. Men in my family die young & it’s way to late for that to happen to me. At best, I’ll die old & I think that’s pretty good.

RIGHT ON!!! And that reminds me, my John Deere is calling, so I better get out there and do some work…

Be sure to put the brake on if you park it. :wink:

Yes and the JD may have the worst brakes of anything I have ever been on…

I agree with the three thing…it’s supernatural isn’t it. Prayers going your way. There’s already a lot to be thankful for…the continuing recovery of your animal best friends and your attitude about money.

I have had my share of weeks like that, like your story I always seem to dodge the worst case scenario; everyone always jokes that my guardian angel must be one exhausted dude!

Let us know the results of your scan, you dodged 2 bullets with the truck missing your wife and not rolling into the pond with you hanging onto the trailer; that’s 2 wins in my book so a 3rd is likely!

Reminds me of a day two months ago…where a flying Chrysler nearly dropped on top of me.

No lie. I’m in an apartment complex dug into a gentle hillside. It’s built up on one end and dug into the hill on the other. I mean the whole compound is dug in - the western quarter has the carports, which are at the outer edge of the ring driveway, built into a concrete retaining wall.

Up over the hill that’s dug in, is a little office park; and then some vacant land. Probably won’t stay vacant long. But…the road that the apartment compound fronts, partly, climbs a gentle hill, then curves away…making room at the top of the dug-out hill for the office building and their parking lot.

At the end of the parking lot is a redwood fence. Over the fence is the drop to the roof of the carport row.

It’s noon. I’m out of work. I go out to check the mail and get something out of my truck in the carport. I’m about fifteen feet from my parking space, heading back to the building…and I hear a screech of tires. A loooong screech. That’s never good.

I hear a zing! and a crunch, and then more zings, as a guy wire that holds a utility pole snaps, and then the pole shifts and high-tension wires come down. Arcing.

Before all this registers, I hear a crunch like building demolition. I look up and there’s a car flying through the fence…aiming for me! I step back, there isn’t much time…the car doesn’t have much forward inertia left. Through the fence, then drops - onto the carport roof, and onto my neighbor’s new pickup truck. The car, a PT Cruiser, then rolls on its side, windshield shattered, driver’s face a picture of gore…gasoline leaking everywhere. Rolls right to where I was standing. WHILE those damned high-voltage wires are arcing.

The kid lived. His wounds were superficial. Amazing, too…because it took the fire department FIFTEEN MINUTES to get there. And we’re not out of town and we have an allegedly full-time fire department.

But ninety seconds earlier, and that PT Cruiser would have landed on me.

Some days…it just don’t pay to ask questions.

I did not come to grips with this until I was in my 40’s in spite of GOD being my co pilot my entire life. Some say I was charmed and lady luck was in my pocket, but I always said it was GOD, never really knowing and grasping the true meaning…I have shirts from Vietnam with bullet holes in them, boots with shrapnel in the toe from a mortar attack…wasn’t until the morning light when I decided to take my boot off and see what was wrong, the shrapnel had gone into the boot and right between my big toe and the next one, burnt it and left a heck of a blister LOL. Car wrecks where they had to cut me out of the car and not a scratch, or the explosion that took burnt my face off, burnt so bad I had no initial pain as the skin and nerve endings were fried. I was standing there peeling my skin off thinking it was just stuff on my face. In and out of hospital for 3 mo and the pain did come and WOW!..Again the hand of GOD as it was hime who gave me skin that does not scar, no not kidding I don’t scar, my skin just grows back on its own, no skin grafts.

Thank you GOD, sorry it took so many years…

[quote=“JustPassinThru, post:12, topic:49074”]
Reminds me of a day two months ago…where a flying Chrysler nearly dropped on top of me.

No lie. I’m in an apartment complex dug into a gentle hillside. It’s built up on one end and dug into the hill on the other. I mean the whole compound is dug in - the western quarter has the carports, which are at the outer edge of the ring driveway, built into a concrete retaining wall.

Up over the hill that’s dug in, is a little office park; and then some vacant land. Probably won’t stay vacant long. But…the road that the apartment compound fronts, partly, climbs a gentle hill, then curves away…making room at the top of the dug-out hill for the office building and their parking lot.

At the end of the parking lot is a redwood fence. Over the fence is the drop to the roof of the carport row.

It’s noon. I’m out of work. I go out to check the mail and get something out of my truck in the carport. I’m about fifteen feet from my parking space, heading back to the building…and I hear a screech of tires. A loooong screech. That’s never good.

I hear a zing! and a crunch, and then more zings, as a guy wire that holds a utility pole snaps, and then the pole shifts and high-tension wires come down. Arcing.

Before all this registers, I hear a crunch like building demolition. I look up and there’s a car flying through the fence…aiming for me! I step back, there isn’t much time…the car doesn’t have much forward inertia left. Through the fence, then drops - onto the carport roof, and onto my neighbor’s new pickup truck. The car, a PT Cruiser, then rolls on its side, windshield shattered, driver’s face a picture of gore…gasoline leaking everywhere. Rolls right to where I was standing. WHILE those damned high-voltage wires are arcing.

The kid lived. His wounds were superficial. Amazing, too…because it took the fire department FIFTEEN MINUTES to get there. And we’re not out of town and we have an allegedly full-time fire department.

But ninety seconds earlier, and that PT Cruiser would have landed on me.

Some days…it just don’t pay to ask questions.
[/quote]This is why you do not buy a PT Cruiser. Seriously I drove one once and I drove all kinds of trucks that handled better and more comfortable.