I've always hated dressing,

Since I was a child I’ve hated Turkey Dressing. It gagged me - mushy, foul tasting wet bread that no cranberry sauce or giblet gravy could help. Still, I took a bite every year because I know that taste changes. I’ve awaited the day it would - but never did, taste as wonderfull as everyone said it should. It is amazing how appalled friends can be that one does not like the simple pleasure of Turkey Dressing!

I hear that I make an excellent dressing. Every year, I make a different recipe for those who feast at my home… Some with oyster, some with pecan, some with mushroom, every year a new recipe, searching for one that I may enjoy as well.

I don’t even taste it as I make it, I just follow a new recipe. The Dressing lovers I know always love it (they say, or they could be being nice), but I always hate it.

But this year, I found it! Why had I not discovered it as a child? Why have I avoided it all these years? My mothers recipe.

My mothers recipe.

[quote=“GileadII, post:1, topic:32604”]
Since I was a child I’ve hated Turkey Dressing. It gagged me - mushy, foul tasting wet bread that no cranberry sauce or giblet gravy could help. Still, I took a bite every year because I know that taste changes. I’ve awaited the day it would - but never did, taste as wonderfull as everyone said it should. It is amazing how appalled friends can be that one does not like the simple pleasure of Turkey Dressing!

I hear that I make an excellent dressing. Every year, I make a different recipe for those who feast at my home… Some with oyster, some with pecan, some with mushroom, every year a new recipe, searching for one that I may enjoy as well.

I don’t even taste it as I make it, I just follow a new recipe. The Dressing lovers I know always love it (they say, or they could be being nice), but I always hate it.

But this year, I found it! Why had I not discovered it as a child? Why have I avoided it all these years? My mothers recipe.

My mothers recipe.
[/quote]Are you gonna share?

I’ve been told the same thing about my Bloody Mary’s. Can’t stand them, but if I was at the Eagles and some ordered one I was shoved behind the bar.

Chopped onions, celery, butter, salt, pepper, sage, sauted, and dried bread or cornbread, mix and stuff in turkey cook some leftover in chicken broth or wait until turkey is near done and take some of the drippings and cook remainder of stuffing mix.
I do it every year,myself. Wife stands back in awe and watches the master at work. :angel: