I've Told You Before,

and I’ll tell you again:

1. The people deserve the government they get.
  2. They reelected Barack Obama. Therefore they deserve him.
  3. We have a crappy president because we are a crappy people.
  4. We elect a man who neither understands nor values free market capitalism because the average American wouldn’t have the sense to tell a Marxist from a monkey.
  5. We elect a C in C who spent 20 years following a man who has compared the US military to Al Qaeda because the average American either lacks the intelligence to know when he has been insulted or the character to to refuse to take it.

The future of this country is bleak. Take a look at Greece if you want an idea of what it looks like (I apologize to any Greeks reading this. At least the Greeks haven’t elected an anti-Greek radical as their head of state).

Oh stop whining. There are hard questions that must be answered after this election, and they must be answered by the GOP. The numbers show an inescapable conclusion - the GOP is a tarnished brand that will never again win a national election, not unless it assembles a very different coalition.

We can’t attract Hispanics, because of social conservative opposition to immigration reform and perceived social conservative nativism. We can’t win in the Northeast and, increasingly, in the industrial heartland, because social conservatives have made the party an unacceptable brand. We cannot win a national election trumpeting in our platform a constitutional ban on abortion. We cannot win a national election trumpeting in our platform that gays must be denied their civil rights. Even in states that Romney won such as Missouri, the social conservative Senatorial candidate was hooted to defeat.

We had a perfect set up going into this year. The President is positively awful. His economic policies have led to the loss of opportunity for an entire generation. But in the states with the worst unemployment, he could still appeal to fears that social fascism was part and parcel of a return to Republican rule. And the fact that Romney’s not any of that can’t overcome the evidence for such fear to be found in the GOP platform itself.

It is time to rethink the composition of the Republican coalition. RET and I are in total agreement on this. Social conservatives must take their greivances elsewhere.

Oh stop whining.

Advice you might, yourself, heed. Your panacea of dumping social conservatives - something you’ve preached for years, now - would result in a disaster greater than any woe the R Party has faced since the elections of 1930 and 1932.

Pete…what’s worse than losing… with changing demographics AND values insuring you can’t win again?

We’re on the road to a one party state in terms of WHO **can **win nationally. I agree with you that dumping mainstream social cons is no solution (though dumping the FRINGE would NOT have such consequences IMO) …for we wouldn’t pick up what we would lose. But are there more moderate positions the PARTY and PLATFORM could take nationally…while leaving social cons to support the issues they feel strongly about in states where they can win on those issues?

I happen not to be a Social Conservative. I’m with them on the issue of abortion, but I’m also for gay rights, legalized recreational drugs, legalized gambling, and legalized prostitution. I don’t want fellow Christians using the United States government to dictate personal morality any more than I want secular humanists to do it. None of the above has anything to do with the fact that I remain sensible enough to be nauseated every time I see a US Marine salute this man:

All the other stuff is garbage. It’s a pretty simple, bed-rock type of question: do we want a disloyal, essentially Marxist rabble-rouser as our president. The majority of morons who shuffled into the voting booths couldn’t get that simple question right this time either.

This will turn out as a hip deep whore house of degradation and sleaze politics. Honor is a destroyed virtue. Mark my words. FOX news as we have known it, will be gone in 4 years. big brother is here and the people lose.

For the record, I am STILL PISSED!!!
BP way over what it should be.

You are right and it looks like what you support is going to be what you get

I’m in total agreement!

Totally in sync with you, including the PISSED part!!

It’s got more to do with “Propaganda Machine” than the stuff you blame. Obama owns the media, and lies are his game.
AND YES, I’M STILL PISSED!!!

The last two days the TV showed back to back lies from the democrats on their opponents. I saw where they even pushed ideas that really were their own as republican ideas to get people to vote.

For those of you who have a inquisitive bend, you might want to read the following book.

“People of the Lie” Dr Scott Peck MD*

This was one scary book. Its about EVIL. I PROMISE if you read it you will see many people in a different light

Dr Peck also wrote “The Road Less Traveled” a book that spent over 10 years on the NY TImes best seller lists.[LEFT][/LEFT]

The lie. strange but why wouldn’t Romney stand and fight the lie?, why didn’t the media explore and refute the lie? why doesn’t the party excoriate the lie? Where was the Church when the lie was issued?
This is a problem, lying is ok. lying is to be expected, lying will get you to the top, lying is fashionable. what a lesson our children have learned. What a lesson the Obama daughters have learned." Why, daddy lied all the way to the presidency, ISN"T THAT WONDERFUL???"

IMO Romney has never been in a dog fight and he took a knife to a gun fight.

Obama is evil, a lie is fine in his world in fact its better than the truth…

Don; therein lies the problem with this run. Romney wanted to play with his brand of honor and integrity. He is after all a Mormon in good standing. Family values and all that. SOOOO what of McCain 4 years previous? I believe a very painful stint in a POW camp turned him into a pacifist. He had no more fight in him. and I believe nobody , at that time recognized the viciousness of Obama.
Romney went to the gunfight without realizing that there are bullets in the gun.

You are right and at his core he is an honorable and honest man. He took the high road in the fight and lost. He has not been in a dog fight.

Remember the scene in the Raiders of the lost ark movie, which one I forgot.

Jones is challenged by a bad guy in the marketplace with a long sword and what does he Indy do? Pull out his bullwhip, no, pulls out his guy and blows the guy away. Romney pulled out a bullwhip and Obama had a gun…

Unfortunately, he used a gun on his fellow Republicans.

[quote=“17Oaks, post:16, topic:36964”]
You are right and at his core he is an honorable and honest man. He took the high road in the fight and lost. He has not been in a dog fight.

Remember the scene in the Raiders of the lost ark movie, which one I forgot.

Jones is challenged by a bad guy in the marketplace with a long sword and what does he Indy do? Pull out his bullwhip, no, pulls out his guy and blows the guy away. Romney pulled out a bullwhip and Obama had a gun…
[/quote]Are you aware that that was an improvisational blooper, that they decided to leave in? Harrison Ford was sick, and didn’t feel like acting out the “fight” scene that was supposed to be filmed. When the villain began swinging his sword, Ford showed his exhaustion by pulling the gun, and firing. It was very funny, so they left it in.
That said. It was not Romney who made the error. Fighting with kid gloves on, seems to be the MO of the Pubbies.

Many years ago when I was still young, a much older business associate told me that experience allows people to fake intelligence. It’s not that you process information better; it’s that you’ve seen the situations before. Over the years, I’ve found that this gained experience is among the very few benefits of getting older (in an incredibly ageist society).

In 1988, I remember the pundits reacting to Bush’s win as a harbinger of the extinction of the Democratic Party. After all, the Republicans had won the last three presidential elections and five out of the last six. Eight years later, Clinton’s back to back caused the same pundits to ask if GWB could save the Republican Party 9as if it was on the verge of shutting down). Tuesday night, Obama won, Senate Democrats won, but when every seat in the House was up for grabs …

Right. What does this show? It shows that the average voter is completely clueless. He’ll vote for Obama, a Democratic Senate candidate, and a Republican Representative. Then he’ll spend the next two years moaning about gridlock. The Republicans will go on. The Democrats will go on, and the brainless electorate will go on. I guess that my shock is that while I never thought they were particularly bright, i at least thought they were smart enough (and had enough pride and loyalty) to recognize and reject a subversive. And make no mistakes about it, had Obama spent 20 years as a member of the Communist Party, he wouldn’t have been a member of a more disgusting, disloyal, and subversive organization than Reverend Wright’s church.

[quote=“Susanna, post:17, topic:36964”]
Unfortunately, he used a gun on his fellow Republicans.
[/quote]True enough. Rommey’s campaign which I would say was a bit better than McCain still did not hit with both barrels or attack. Rommey pulled his punches and what did it get him? The democrats trouched him and lied openly and often.