Jackie Chan back in action, branding US more corrupt than China

Action star Jackie Chan has once again sparked controversy by branding America the world’s “most corrupt” country in a TV interview.
His comments were slammed by The Washington Post’s foreign affairs blogger Max Fisher as “anti-American” and a reflection of China’s insecurity about itself.
Chan told Phoenix TV that China has been bullied by international powers for a long time and only began making progress in recent years.
Chan added that while China has a corruption problem, so do other nations, including America.
“If you talk about corruption, the entire world - America - has no corruption?” said the actor.
He went on to say America is “the most corrupt [country] in the world” - not China.

Jackie Chan back in action, branding US more corrupt than China | South China Morning Post

Does Jackie have a point? Yes he sure does. We have seen our politicians ignore its citizens to push their own agenda down our throats. The federal government is working to remove rights that belong to the states and everyone is now subjected to federal mandates.

This, from the citizen of a country that recently had milk producers killing children by adulterating milk with melamine to boost the apparent protein content? This, from the citizen of a country that regularly has to kill (literally) corrupt officials to try to reduce corruption (a measure I do wish the US would consider)? This, from the citizen of a country that is the world’s leading source of pirated and counterfeit products? This, from the citizen of a country that values half its population so low that its one-child policy has made selective abortion and killing of girl babies epidemic?

Chan would do better to work toward improving his own country rather than trying to hide behind a smokescreen of, “We suck less than you do!” Especially when the smokescreen is false.

America a country that kills its citizens and allows other citizens to die. A country that is being taken over with video cameras and spy drones. A country that talks about privacy and then goes around it at every opportunity. Yes we also suck. A country that wants to allow terrorists free reign with open borders we have nothing to talk about.

Of course the US has its own suckage in need of fixing. I just didn’t think it necessary in my post to state something so obvious.

Both our governments suck.

You don’t walk into somebody else’s house and tell him his sister is trash.
I thought the Chinese had better manners than that.
I was mistaken.