Jacksonville Beach mayor defends reopening beaches

Jacksonville Beach mayor defends reopening beaches: 'It’s been a good experience so far’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jacksonville-beach-mayor-beaches-reopen-covid-shutdown

Jacksonville Beach Mayor Charlie Latham defended the decision to reopen Jacksonville, Fla. beaches after the COVID-19 shutdown, saying on “Fox & Friends” on Monday that the experience has been “good” so far.

Crowds returned to beaches in Jacksonville Friday after Florida’s governor gave the green light for some to reopen if done safely – as a new model significantly dropped the number of forecasted fatalities in the Sunshine State. Latham said the decision to reopen the beaches was made by all four mayors in Duval County, which is located in the northeastern part of the state.

“We thought that the public was ready to maintain the social distancing standards and to exercise good judgment and it’s paid off. It’s paid off really well,” he said.

MY COMMENT: All it takes is for a few to get the ball rolling. Good for Charlie Latham.

“We thought that the public was ready to maintain the social distancing standards and to exercise good judgment and it’s paid off. It’s paid off really well,” he said.

Although I praise him for his actions, I also noted the subtle insinuation in this quote. In other words, Big Brother will decide when American Citizens can be trusted to do the right thing. This smacks of communist mentality. Sorry, it just infuriates me when I read these subtle hints of Big Brother watching over us.

That’s an interesting take. Rush L was just gushing over this guy. Hmmm

Well, I’m not saying that his decision to open the beaches is not a great one, it’s just that when I hear or read comments such as his, it makes me cringe. As Joseph Goebbes said, "Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will."

I understand.

Now we have the Georgia governor opening up the whole state. Things are moving our way.

1 Like

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth already.

1 Like

Every doctor I’ve seen on TV has said that sunlight KILLS the Coronavirus so why WOULDN’T you open the beaches?