Jay Carney more slippery than Staubach

White House reporters sometimes poke fun at press secretary Jay Carney’s penchant for using the phrase “I appreciate the question” during briefings — especially when it’s clear he likely does not, in fact, “appreciate” a tough or awkward query.

But a Yahoo! News analysis identifies “13 distinct strains” of how Mr. Carney evades reporter’s questions. More than 1,900 times since he held his first press briefing on Feb. 16, 2011, he gave some form of “I don’t have the answer — and there were at least 9,486 times where he’s dodged a question.

White House’s Jay Carney dodges questions more than 9,000 times: report - Washington Times

YAHOO News: Over 9,000 Ways WH Press Secretary Jay Carney Dodges Reporters’ Questions - National Republican Congressional Committee www.nrcc.org

It must be a tough job covering up for the Obama administration

I’m sure the obligatory over 9,000 meme reference will come so I’ll save y’all the trouble

Geez, UNTR! I was trying to think of a slippery pol or MSM type named “Staubach” for a couple of seconds before remembering you’re from TX and realized you referred to Dallas Cowboys QB Roger Staubach!

Yeah, can you imagine the MSM letting G. W Bush’s spokesmuffins getting away with similar facile non-responsiveness?

What I want to know is who sits around counting this stuff?
Lawzy, what a mind-numbing job.

Oh wait! NSA?

I was trying to insert some levity into the ever increasing stream of doom and gloom that seems to be coming out of the white house these days, by comparing Carney’s dodging of questions to Roger the dodger’s masterful skill of evading defenders.

Staubach was one of the best QBs, no doubt about it. As for Carney, he’ll never hold a candle to Ari Fleischer. That man was the best press secretary of all time.

Absolutely! Did you realize that Bush’s popularity started to slide with the resignation of Ari? Of course, Scott McClellan was a poor replacement, anyway.

I always like Dana Perino, too.

[quote=“The_Punditty_Project, post:5, topic:39904”]
As for Carney, he’ll never hold a candle to Ari Fleischer. That man was the best press secretary of all time.
[/quote]Agreed