Jeremy Corbyn Calls For Negotiating With ISIS In Wake Of Paris Terror Attacks….

The embattled leader said the nation should not be “drawn into responses that feed a cycle of violence and hate” after a United Nations resolution that countries should “combat by all means this unprecedented threat” from the sick terror group.

The Opposition leader told activists in Bristol: “The dreadful Paris attacks make the case for a far more urgent effort to reach a negotiated settlement of the civil war in Syria and to end the threat rom ISIS.

“It is the conflict in Syria and the consequences of the Iraq war which have created the conditions for ISIS to thrive and spread its murderous role.”

Jeremy Corbyn Calls For Negotiating With ISIS In Wake Of Paris Terror Attacks…. | Weasel Zippers

This politician reminds me of another British politician before WW2 who also thought appeasing an aggressor would stop him.

And if you can not remember that far back remember president carter and his good buddy Arafat who talked peace while Arafat ordered more terrorism.

BTW Prince Charles thinks all the aggression is because of global warming.

I would love to hear from our british members but they have not posted in awhile

BTW Price Charles thinks all the aggression is because of global warming.

Prince Charles is such a knucklehead he is amusing.

The Iraqi Government will probably have to negotiate with the Tribes who have supported Daesh; insurgent threats like this usually end with Political inclusion, not outright defeat.

Still, there’s no reason to negotiate with Daesh itself outright. Their goal is the opposite coexistence, and they’re losing the war right now. Our best move is to press forward, either ourselves, or by proxy through the Kurds.

Negotiating with ISIS:
Just give us full control of your nation, and we’ll wipe out all those who won’t voluntarily subject themselves to Sharia law - and maybe some who will - and then help us to do the same thing with the next country - until we control the world.

Negotiating with ISIS is not even in the same ballpark as trying to negotiate with Nazis or Soviets. You cannot negotiate with someone who views Armageddon in a positive light.

One cannot negotiate with religious fanatacism, driven by apocolyptic dreams of “fulfilling the book”.

Short term, the solution is, unfortunately, war. Long term, the solution is breaking the grip that religion holds on this world. God Himself would agree.

And if the muslims are obliterated, and Christianity remains as the top religion? Should that grip still be broken?

So, now you know the mind of God? Got it.
Amazing how much you know about God, when you know nothing, nada zilch, about the Bible.

Ditto.

Sounds like Jazz would also like to get rid of Christianity since it too is a major religion. That way he could practice the moral revisionism he prefers.

I have no interest in “getting rid” of Christianity, Islam, or any other religion. Religious freedom is guaranteed by the Constitution. Still, I cannot help but believe that God Himself is ashamed at the atrocities that have been committed, for thousands of years, in His name. Religions are institutions of men - and as such, are rife with corruption, the thirst for power and violence. (Yes, they are also great engines for charity and service, and I respect those religions that emphasize those missions.)

Spirituality is, IMO, a key component of every fulfilled life. Religion is not.

Folks should be free to worship, or not, as they like. They are not free to forcibly impose their religious beliefs on others. It is idiocy and historically fallacious to deny that fanatics hell-bent on forcibly imposing their religious beliefs on others have accounted for inflicting a significant amount of pain on their fellow man. In fact, it is clear that we are currently living through a period of barbaric religious fanaticism being acted out by radical Islamists.

It seems to me that was Jazzhead’s point.

Our very Constitution was based on the fact that the VAST majority of those living in the U.S. at the time were Christians and the Christian ethic is found throughout that document. Jazz seems to find little “wrong” with people coming here and practicing a “religion” whose ethic is entirely contradictory to the Constitution. Sorry, but if you want to come to the U.S. you must adapt your ethic to OURS…not vice versa. If you wish to retain the Islamic “ethic,” then STAY where you are and practice it THERE. We don’t agree with total subjugation of women, performing clitorectomies in order to “insure sexual fidelity” in our women, we don’t agree with “honor killings,” dismemberments for minor violations of the law or requiring male WITNESSES to prove rape OR punishing women who ARE raped. Sharia would bring ALL those things to the U.S. and WE DON’T WANT THEM HERE.

So in your view the First Amendment shouldn’t apply to Muslims? No wonder you like Trump.

PD - If you are talking about assimilation - those representing various faiths, including Muslims, coming to America and becoming acculturated/learning the language, etc - few would disagree. If you are requiring that practitioners entering the country of all faiths act toward one another with civility, as Constitutionally/legally required of all residents, then few would disagree. I read nothing in Jazzhead’s statement that would contradict that view.

Once again, twisting people’s words to advance your liberal PC agenda. He was talking about Sharia, not Islam.
Papadave:

We don’t agree with total subjugation of women, performing clitorectomies in order to “insure sexual fidelity” in our women, we don’t agree with “honor killings,” dismemberments for minor violations of the law or requiring male WITNESSES to prove rape OR punishing women who ARE raped. Sharia would bring ALL those things to the U.S. and WE DON’T WANT THEM HERE.

He said nothing against people’s practice of their own religion, except where it violates our Constitution and our Laws. Typical liberal tactics. Sheesh.

Not what I said, but YOU seem to be fine with Muslims moving here and performing clitorectomies, honor killings, stonings, etc. as long as it’s “practicing their religion” in “conformance with the 1st Amendment.” I don’t think so. And where did you get the idea that I “like” Trump?

I read obama as decreed that the military can not say Merry Christmas or mention Jesus.

Perhaps Jazz fears Fundy Christian Conservative Oathkeeper/Militia Tea Party types more than the Islamist threat inside America ?