Judge Napolitano: Hillary Clinton Could Be Prosecuted Over Benghazi Testimony

“Lying to congress carries the same criminal liability and the same punishment as lying under oath to congress. I’m not suggesting that Mrs. Clinton lied, but I’m saying that a case could be made out, either legally in a courtroom if a prosecutor wanted to, and certainly politically in a public sphere should she decide to seek higher office.”

“I’m not suggesting that Mrs. Clinton lied, but…”

Yes, “suggesting” is all that he is doing because the entire conversation is about the legal and political consequences of her lying. If she didn’t lie, or Andrew Napolitano doesn’t have proof that she lied, or he doesn’t have an example of how she lied, or what she lied about, then what is there to prosecute?

It’s hard to defend a fake, self-serving hag like Hillary Clinton, but let’s be honest. What lie can she be indicted for?

Oh, I dunno. How about the one that this was a spontaneous reaction to some (awfully done) video some (obscure) guy out in California made?
Or, how about the one when she said no troops were available to go to their defense? There’s more, but I lose track of all her lies.

As far as Napolitano saying that he’s not suggesting that she lied, that’s a basic CYA all reporters/commentors must do so as to not end up in court themselves for liable.

Yup. This.

If he accuses Clinton of being a liar, without using a qualifier such as “in my opinion” or “if she did…” and can’t prove his claim he can be sued.

[quote=“Jebby, post:4, topic:39406”]
Yup. This.

If he accuses Clinton of being a liar, without using a qualifier such as “in my opinion” or “if she did…” and can’t prove his claim he can be sued.
[/quote]Not necessarily. Slander must also clearly identify the party or entity, and the intent** must be malicious. **

I forgot to add…
Hillary Clinton will never be held accountable.
It’s what she does. As in, so well. She’s slicker’n Willie.

She may, or may not, run for president. This will have no affect on that, one way or the other.

[quote=“2cent, post:6, topic:39406”]
I forgot to add…
Hillary Clinton will never be held accountable.
It’s what she does. As in, so well. She’s slicker’n Willie.

She may, or may not, run for president. This will have no affect on that, one way or the other.
[/quote]She is the reason Willie was so slick.

That’s not true. There doesn’t necessarily have to be any intent. The person suing must prove that the statement was false. Second, the person must prove that the statement caused harm. Third, the person must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement.

Intent does not always have to be proven.

The bigger problem for Hilary is that this will prevent her from running in 2016. She can’t win now.

Bringing about the deaths of the personnel at Bengazi by LIHOP (letting it happen on purpose) will be a plus with her base.

I doubt anyone who would vote for her is paying the least bit of attention to the Benghazi hearings. Not that it would matter to them, anyway.