Karl Rove concedes to Tea Party, finally approves of Rand Paul

Karl Rove Concedes To Tea Party, Finally Approves Of Rand Paul | RedState

Karl Rove would have you believe that he’s been a lifelong Rand Paul supporter. Rove recently opined that the party needs “fewer Christine O’Donnells and more Rand Pauls.” I distinctly remember Karl Rove’s dislike of Rand Paul during Kentucky’s senate primary. My emphasis:
Republicans have also recruited good candidates for their open seats. New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte is competitive, as are Ohio’s Rob Portman and Missouri’s Roy Blunt. Republicans in Florida have to get through a primary fight, but either Gov. Charlie Crist or former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio will likely hold the seat. (I’ve donated to Messrs. Blunt and Rubio.) Only Kentucky’s open seat vacated by Jim Bunning causes the GOP squeamishness.
If Karl Rove is now finally admitting that grassroots was right in the Kentucky race, I’m more than happy to accept that concession. Perhaps Rove should listen more to grassroots and alienate less.

Rand Paul for President in 2016?

Nope. Not strong on national security/foreign policy or immigration. Rubio has only one of those flaws. I’m hoping for someone better than either.

1. Immigration - Rand is actually stronger on immigration than Rubio. Rand (along with Sen. Lee) does not support the Gang of 8 immigration reform in its current state
  2. Foreign policy - Rubio is a strong supporter of foreign aid, including to countries like Pakistan and Libya, and supports US membership of the United Nations. Rand does not.

Rand wants amnesty for illegals, thats not stronger its equally as weak.

Rand’s immigration reform proposal includes a yearly report on the security of our Southern border, the Gang of 8 proposal does not. The Gang of 8 proposal is true amnesty, Rand’s is not, it only provides a pathway to citizenship for illegals and puts them at the back of the line, behind legal immigrants. Rand’s current proposal is a compromise with the Gang of 8, who’s liberal immigration reform proposal he disagrees with.

Immigration Rand Paul | United States Senator

I do not support amnesty, I support legal immigration and recognize that the country has been enriched by those who seek the freedom to make a life for themselves. However, millions of illegal immigrants are crossing our border without our knowledge and causing a clear threat to our national security. I want to work in the Senate to secure our border immediately. In addition, I support the creation of a border fence and increased border patrol capabilities.

Rand Paul or Marco Rubio? Is that the question here?

I like Bobby Jindal more, but I’m greedy and don’t want to give him to y’all.

I prefer governors over senators in general.

I’m probably going to back anyone but Chris Christie, or any other north eastern yankee.

A path to citizenship IS amnesty and is also what Rubio is proposing and Rand Paul jumps ALL the illegals ahead of legal immigration

“If we assimilate those who are here, however they got here — don’t make it an easy path for citizenship. There would be an eventual path, but we don’t make anybody tomorrow a citizen who came here illegally. But if they’re willing to work, willing to pay taxes, I think we need to normalize those who are here.”
Paul said the “trade-off” would be “not to accept any new legal immigrants while we’re assimilating the ones who are here.” Asked if he is concerned about the ripple effect that could cause around the world, Paul said the details over which countries would be affected are still in the works.

Welcome to the Rand Paul evolution - Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

I thought this thread was about Karl Rove conceding, silly me:awkward:

I’ve been listening to Rove on different TV shows and I don’t see where the anti Rove people are getting their ammo from. I like Rove, he donates his time and effort to get winnable conservative candidates through the Primaries and the General elections. He never has taken as much as a dime from his PAC, maby a cup of coffee, but no money.

I’m voting for whoever the nominee is…but apparently the paulista spin machine is already well oiled and ready to move on to Paul the younger.
As to foreign policy …keeping Iran away from the bomb by any means necessary trumps foreign aid and UN membership which do NOT threaten OUR lives.
I like Jindal too Stang…but of course one of the advantages in being a governor is that you don’t have to weigh in on foreign policy or immigration if it doesn’t impact your state. All I know is that he’s a good fiscal manager and a lousy speechmaker but a very smart guy.

After declaring YEC candidates unacceptable you like a YEC that has claimed to have taken part in an exorcism?

Glad to see that you are “evolving” :beerchug:

I’m not seeing anything on Jindal himself being a YEC or that the exorcism reflects anything other than watching some friends in college.
I am not in agreement with his signing of the LA “creationism” act for school teaching… but I do agree that religious schools using voucher $$ should be allowed to teach their own beliefs PROVIDED their kids can still PASS the real science knowledge tests that are given to all students.
I’d be interested in any links you have to his PERSONAL beliefs as I would see YEC beliefs as disqualifying in my view for a President.

edit…I should add…but not as disqualifying as a DEM belief!

YEC is what?? Lost me on that one.

Let’s not be naive Cam, a governor who signs a creationist bill is probably going to agree in some part with creationism. He has not revealed his personal views yet only because he hasnt been asked the question. And running for president he will be asked the question. Also because of the legislation he wont be able to dodge it with a non-answer like Rubio.

You are also glossing over the exorcism, Jindal wrote a very enlightening article about it.

YEC…young earth creationist. Belief in LITERAL Genesis…earth is 6000 years old, created in 6 24 hour days. Dinos were on the ark…no evolution…essentially a denial of all the geological and biological sciences. Many activist YECs want this version of creation taught in schools as an alternative to accepted science.

Maybe so UNT…I’ll await further enlightenment. I’m prepared to drop him like a hot potato! If you or anyone else does find any direct links or statements, please pass them on.