Katy-area teacher fired for refusing to address girl, 6, as transgender boy

A federal discrimination complaint has been filed on behalf of a Katy-area educator who says she was wrongly terminated for refusing to address a 6-year-old girl as a transgender boy, the teacher’s attorneys said Tuesday.
Madeline Kirksey, of Houston, who worked at the Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center location on Clay Road, was fired Nov. 3 after she would not agree to treat the child as a male and call the child by a new male name, according to a copy of the filing with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Attorneys: Katy-area teacher fired for refusing to address girl, 6, as transgender boy - Houston Chronicle

All I can say is I hope she wins her case and this strikes a blow against those bent on redefining reality to pursue their warped values.

What is missing from the article is the two gay dads who want this little girl to be identified as a boy.

How can a six-year old child know that he/she isn’t the right gender? How can his/her parents know?

That said, what is the proper conservative position regarding the rights of parents to ensure that their child’s education reflects their values? Don’t conservatives generally support a parent’s right to veto, say, their child’s participation in sex education? If a parent has the right to deny their child knowledge about sex, then why can’t he/she demand that their kid’s teachers adhere to the parent’s gender preference?

When should the parent’s values prevail?

[quote=“Jazzhead, post:2, topic:47677”]
How can a six-year old child know that he/she isn’t the right gender? How can his/her parents know?

That said, what is the proper conservative position regarding the rights of parents to ensure that their child’s education reflects their values? Don’t conservatives generally support a parent’s right to veto, say, their child’s participation in sex education? If a parent has the right to deny their child knowledge about sex, then why can’t he/she demand that their kid’s teachers adhere to the parent’s gender preference?

When should the parent’s values prevail?
[/quote]:noclue:Now if one takes a pineapple can one put whip cream on it?

I gotta read this post again after grabbing a cuppa coffee, cuz I am sure it didn’t say what I read the 1st time ----- did it???:ninja:

I’m asking a thought exercise-type question, FN. Like most folks, I think these parents’ position regarding the gender of their six-year old child to be nucking futs. But conservatives generally, it seems to me, support the rights of parents to demand that their child’s education reflect their values. Why not here?

Because gender isn’t a preference. Why is it that you are always bass ackwards? Gender is determined by chromosomes. You don’t PICK your gender. You PICK your sexual preference. You seem to think your sexual preference is predetermined and your gender is a preference.
Sheesh. Liberals. What is this world coming to?
Amazing.

Name calling but no attempt to answer my question. Typical Tiny.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jazz, but a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl and NO AMOUNT of re-defining or even surgically mutilating them will ever change that. Don’t like it? Take it up with God.

What’s awful about this whole thing is two gay “dads” who are using their little girl to force their idiotic “preferences” on the general public. Keeping your kids out of sex “education” classes isn’t “denying them knowledge about sex.” It’s preventing them from the “progressive” indoctrination that any form of sex they want to try is OK and that they SHOULD “experiment until they find the right fit.”

Jazz asked what is the proper conservative principals to make sure your child’s educations reflects your values. The answer is Home Schooling and teaching values starts at home. Our public educators should not have enforce the private values or beliefs of citizens in the classroom. Come on Jazz…

You’re not enunciating a principled response to my question. Both the parent who wants his kid to not be taught about sex and the parent who wants his child to be addressed as female are seeking to require the school to accommodate their values. Why are some parental values to be accommodated and others not?

There is a difference between wanting to opt-out your child from SexEd and forcing your beliefs onto a public institution(and by extension public employees) that is there for the sole purpose of education.

You’re comparing apples and oranges, Jazz. I want my schools to teach MY children and grandchildren reading, writing, history, math and science. I DON’T want them to indoctrinate my kids in whatever progressives are substituting for actual “values.” No school should accommodate the perversions of a VERY small minority of the population at the expense of the vast majority. Do you believe the schools should accommodate “parents” who want their child referred to as “Shep” and pat him on the head and scratch him behind his ears as a “reward” for doing his homework or lead him around on a leash on the playground?

Are there any doubts as to the validity of the 1st & 3rd lines of my sig. after reading this thread??? :vomit-smi:sad:

Or send them to Private School.