Kavanaugh Accuser Opens Negotiations on Testimony Next Week

Uhhhh … NO!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If she wants her story told, she should confirm that she’ll be there to testify under oath on Monday. If she doesn’t confirm this, a vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh should take place TOMORROW!

Does she think someone’s going to whack her? How safe or unsafe is she right now?

I’m guessing this question is rhetorical; her statement about guaranteeing her safety is theatrical bull droppings.

the text of this post was accidentally deleted

I don’t believe this accuser at all. She is got too many excuses, rules and caveats before she testifies. Feinstein let it slip that there might be questions about the truthfulness about this and then had to walk it back.

All this is a delaying tactic which will at most slow things down and at worse kill the nomination. The Dems are dreaming of having an eight person Supreme Court for two and a half years or getting Trump to nominate somebody like Suiter who turns out be a nasty surprise for conservatives.

She may ‘seem credible’ (and please explain the qualities that constitute said seeming?), but her story doesn’t under any kind of serious examination. The treatment of it by the democrat-media complex isn’t doing any favors for victims of sexual assault, in my opinion. Assuming, for the sake of argument, that at some point she was sexually assaulted by someone, this attempted exploitation by the Democrat party for cynical, short term political gain is extending the victimization, and sickens me. The republican’s hypocrisy is evident, yes, but in this case they are the ‘clean end of the turd’

EDIT: Great post by the way. But you can’t be J.Anderson; I never agree with him…

There is “no partisan hypocrisy.” The women who accused Bill Clinton were very accessible and did not shy away from interviews. If they had not come out in public, they would not have been taken seriously except by the most partisan members of the right.

This woman hides behind her lawyers and demands special treatment. You should not be able to ruin a man’s career by simply making accusations. If you can not back up the claims you make, if you can’t testify in public, then you have no basis to derail a Supreme Court nomination.

I suppose finding someone credible is, at the end of the day, a personal thing. She doesn’t have any evidence, so I wouldn’t hold it again Kavanaugh, of course. But the little things about her story ring true. Furthermore, there’s just no good reason to doubt her, and it’s pretty plausible that it happened (the two were around the same social circles at that time). Reasons given to doubt her tend to be pretty outrageous and despicable. She wants a book deal? Almost no one gets rich off accusing one of the most powerful men in the world of rape. What does happen is that person’s life and reputation gets hyper analyzed to the extreme. The liberal press is relentless about that sort of thing, for sure (again, see: Clinton rape charges), but man, the Conservative press is nasty as you want. The conservative press is absolutely ruthless when it comes to slut-shaming and going after the reputations of women who accuse one of their stars of rape or assault. If accusing powerful men of rape was a quick ticket to fame and fortune, it would happen all the time, to basically everyone. But it’s actually pretty rare. There’s a reason for that: there are real and serious costs to doing it. I think she’s telling the truth. But I don’t think there’s enough evidence to count it against Kavanaugh.

I don’t think she even KNOWS what “truth” actually is. I suggest that she is such a far-left idiot that she wanted to find a way to thwart the President’s nominee and this scheme suggested itself. After all, it ALMOST worked with Justice Thomas. Either that or she was approached by someone who KNEW of her far-left leanings who offered to reward her in some fashion if she’d “anonymously” accuse Judge Kavanaugh of wrong-doing. She made the ideal candidate since she grew up in the same general area and generation as Judge Kavanaugh and actually knew about him from her family history with the Kavanaugh family. From what we KNOW about Judge Kavanaugh, her accusations are completely out of character and make no logical sense. Remember that her brother works for a law firm in the D.C. area affiliated with Fusion GPS.

Magna-Yeah-That X 1000.

The “little things about her story” are the timing of telling it in public (Kavanaugh served as a judge before; if it’s important to keep an allegedly immoral judge off the bench at the Supreme Court, why not the lesser courts?), her cageyness about delays (the real name of the game), and her theatrics about her safety. That’s plenty of good reason to doubt her.

As to motivations, you think that leftist power brokers aren’t prepared to make her rich?

As to your claims of conservative hypocrisy in dealing with sexual assault allegations, that itself is hypocritical. While you’re accusing (accuracy questionable) the right of shaming the victim, the left is using the victim, and doesn’t give half a poop about her.

Credit where due, he called them out as well, or at least he seemed to the way I read it.

“Negotiations?” Subpoena her butt to be at the Capitol bright and early Monday AM and be prepared to make her accusations public and in Judge Kavanaugh’s presence!!! If she refuses, then vote for his confirmation to the SCOTUS immediately thereafter. SHE’s the accuser here and SHE doesn’t get to dictate terms. Either she’s willing to publicly accuse Judge Kavanaugh and look him in the eye while doing so and agree to cross-examination by an attorney or she should pack up her dog and pony show and go back to corrupting our kids at her “school.” I’m sick and tired of this Democrat-inspired crap. They can’t abide an actual originalist court? Then move somewhere where the Constitution doesn’t matter.

There is a HUGE problem that just arose!
(Not yet being discussed but one that I foresee as a problem)

According to the law in Maryland, there is no statue of limitations on sexual assaults!

The problem?

What if this woman were to file charges with the police in Maryland … would the senate actually hold a vote to confirm a SC Judge who is under a ‘now active’ investigation?

Jeff Flake is a bigger problem than that.

Or, to put it in the vernacular, tell her to put up or shut up.

She didn’t apparently care much about this until the guy is running for one of the highest offices in the country. Don’t know the FBI is the law enforcement agency to investigate this, and if a local Police Department received this as a complaint, which is really where it should have gone – not to that idiot Feinstein, the department would have declined to waste resources. It’s a 30-something-yer-old case and it could never be proved in court. Like you say, no evidence. It’s also past any statute of limitations, which exists for some purpose, perhaps something like this.

I don’t disbelieve her although I lean that way. I sure don’t believe her. She’s not credible. She comes forward after thirty-something years about something that she says happened in high school – would it have been one of those juvie cases dismissed at age 18? Why would she lie? Does she hate Donald Trump? Does she hate Republicans? Will her reputation really be damaged? She lives in Palo Alto? She’ll be treated as a hero and reverence by her peer and the left across the country. I don’t know if this is the cases, but it’s clearly 100 percent political for this to go to Feinstein to drop as a bomb when she felt it was right.

Imagine yourself in her shoes. You’re 15. A popular, wealthy boy, two years older, tries to rape you. Again, you’re 15. You’re confused and frightened. You’re worried about getting in trouble. You just try to move on and forget about it.

But you harbor resentment. You watch this boy climb the social ladder. You see people talk about what a great person he is. Then you see him preparing to join the Supreme Court. Is it really that hard to believe that a woman in that situation would decide now was her time to speak out, and maybe even get revenge? If so, why not write to a powerful congresswoman for help?

This all seems extremely plausible to me. Again: there’s no evidence. So I don’t think it should affect his nomination. But I don’t think the things you raised are problems for her story. It makes sense, actually.

I don’t get what the Dems are even trying to do here. What’s their end game? They can’t prevent Trump from appointing a replacement for two years. it’s all just pathetic theater. But if Ford is telling the truth, then good for her sticking her knife in his side when it mattered.

IF… The biggest little word in the English language.

Yeah, both variations here seem plausible. That’s why it can even be an issue at all. In either case, the allegation is clearly a political move – hence the powerful congresswoman.

But both sides pull out all the stops they can just to stop the other side. The Republicans just delayed an appointment most of a year to get past an election. That’s what I think this is whether the incident occurred or not. Maybe the Dems are thinking they can go two years. Or they can pick up seats and force the president to appoint someone they find more palatable – although I’m not sure this guy is as terrible as they think from their perspective.

Popular people get arrested and convicted for a variety of sex crimes all the time involving kids of all ages. I understand that victims are often reluctant to come forward. Still they can and do come forward. If any of this is true, we don’t know why she didn’t say something to a police officer or parent or a counselor, but she didn’t. She did wait 30-plus years to do so, just when the guy is politically vulnerable. It’s at best opportunistic revenge. And 30-plus years is too long to hold someone accountable with no evidence. Lie detector tests don’t qualify here. They provided two conflicting pieces of evidence.

We have really no way of knowing what happened that night, how drunken children interpreted different actions. Maybe something did happen. Maybe Kavanaugh did something that could exactly be construed the way the victim construes it but had something else entirely on his mind. Maybe no one is lying. That’s how vague this allegation and evidence is – which is what you’ve acknowledged. I will probably never have more of an opinion than to lean slightly one way or the other on this for the same reason I expect no law enforcement agency is going to pick up an investigation on it.

PD has it right though. If she’s going to level the accusation at this time, she needs to sit in front of a committee for whatever that’s worth and answer questions without all this bargaining.

And now we have this:

For Ramirez, the sudden attention has been unwelcome, and prompted difficult choices. She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

These guys want to stop a confirmation because someone has a maybe he did something to me, yeah, he must’ve… Young drunk college kids act stupid is the likely headline here too if it were true (and it easily could be) – not even a real sex crime.