Kellyanne Conway is not leaving wiggle room regarding deportation of illegal aliens

I concur in your thinking Mike. I think he lost some Mexican support, but when it came down to pulling the lever in the voting booth would they go for Trump or Free Hiitlery…I changed my mind in the voting booth on Dimmy Carter, I decided NOT him, he won anyhow and we know how that worked out…

Good point, Don. In this election, every vote is likely going to count - 1 or 2 additional points among Hispanics could be crucial. However, the “target audience” I had in mind were the voting moderates who might be torn between Clinton and Trump and for which illegal immigration is a key issue.

Mike it is a key issue. I have talked with some Mex down my way and they have no use for illegals, they see them as stealing from them and taking away jobs they could have.

BUT and this is big, maybe so big that it can swing the election. The stakeholders in illegal immigration are in fact the illegals and in most states they can vote and the Dims will see to they get to the polls…this could tilt the outcome…

You cannot do this without first re-emphasizing the role scarcity plays in it.

Once again, Government does not have complete power here, rather it shares that power with socio-economic trends that criss-cross borders.

So long as Government tries to apply any immigration policy it wishes, without regard to supply & demand, immigration will continue to be dysfunctional.

That the legal immigration system is flanked by a bureaucracy with even worse process-vs-time performance than the VA, equally does not help things.

> 4) Design and establish an immigration system based on at least 2 basic principles: First, if we can’t appropriately vet you, you can’t come here. Second, our immigration will be driven by the skill needs of the United States.

I understand why you think this is reasonable, but in practice, it is simply fallacy. Government bureaucrats do not know what “skills we need”, only the market knows.

If companies are hiring them, then they need them. Leave market matters to the market.

> 5) Establish and implement an E-Verify system

It’s intrusive, it’s hard to use, and it doesn’t work.

My employer is one of the the 3% who has E-verify. Yet, I have an illegal alien co-worker. Why? Because E-verify does not test for visa-overstays.

Which is just as well; it’s the Government’s fault my coworker is an overstay to begin with. The Government dragged its *** when it came to the paperwork.

Fix the system, then enforce it. Anything less is just a vote to continue the status quo.

Your 1st point denies the fact that in the past we have had workable guest worker programs.

The remainder of your post is what I would term the old can’t do so let’s just sit around with our thumbs up our butts.

Sorry, politicians may not be able to do what’s necessary, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

But we don’t have them right now, when we need them, right now.

Dairy Farmers have been wrongly classified as “seasonal” work for over 40 years! They cannot legally get the labor they need, because the Government dropped the ball, and didn’t care. They were more interested in appealing to urban-center Union bosses, than the needs of people out in rural muck.

Dairy Farmers are forced into a non-choice between going out of business or breaking the law, through no fault of their own. That is a clear failure in policy.

> Sorry, politicians may not be able to do what’s necessary, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

It can’t be done without acknowledging supply & demand.

The border will not come under control, until you first fix the legal immigration system so that it works.

Eisenhower did this with an energetic guest worker program & enjoyed the success from it. There is no reason we shouldn’t follow his example. It is the only track record of success in controlling illegal immigration in over a century of policy.

Protesters Remove U.S. Flag, Replace It With Mexican Flag Outside ICE Facility

We didn’t “sort” people based on skills during Bracero, and that was a high point in immigration policy for us. **That is not a coincidence. **

It’s not simply that Government can’t sort through “skills” of immigrants, it’s that it shouldn’t. It does not add anything of value by doing so.
It has neither the knowledge, nor a track record to show that it makes more value-based decisions than the market itself.

Alaska Slim

I’m still waiting for you to confirm your contention that illegal Mexican aliens are all lining up and paying a share of their earned wages into the social security system.

JWK

CLICK HERE to hear Hillary Clinton in her own words, lying to the America people about government run health care!

AS - the system of legal immigration, including work visas, MUST acknowledge what skills are NEEDED by the US. What about that statement do you not understand to be in line with supply and demand?

With over eighteen-percent real unemployment, we do NOT need more people flooding in, “right now.”

The crony-corporatists need them “right now” to fulfill a fantasy and an agenda - which will not last; as there is little need for employees when products don’t sell because of economic collapse.

They just want to be ABLE to do this. They have no need; this is like a shiny new tool or toy they think they can get…

JPT, we have don’t have one unified labor market, we have MULTIPLE labor markets, some with unemployment, others with high demand for workers. A mismatch between labor supply & labor demand.

Americans in this circumstance benefit from there being a mobile workforce which doesn’t lay down roots. It gets labor where it needs to be, and then moves on as the work itself moves elsewhere.

This helps the American employment rate by ensuring other jobs can exist, this helps right our economy in the wake of a recession, and this helps to kick off emerging economic booms, as it gets labor into the right place at the right time.

> The crony-corporatists need them “right now” to fulfill a fantasy and an agenda - which will not last

The 19th century experience disagrees. We had double the % of immigrants then, and yet more growth than we do now.

Equally Singapore disagrees. Its native population is right now outnumbered by its immigrants, and yet they enjoy a higher standard of living than we do! An economy that 60 years ago, was one of the poorest on the planet!

This is why economists classify immigration as a good thing, and why more is considered better. There’s no such thing as an economy having too many people or too many entrepreneurs.

Again mike, Bracero did not do this, and it enjoyed more success than the Systems we’ve had which did parse immigrants based on skills.

Bracero blatantly treated immigrants as something to fill manpower shortages, and if skills were somehow required, the Government acted as if businesses knew what to do to get those “skilled” immigrants themselves.

And it worked. We didn’t need Government telling the economy what immigrants it needed, the economy sorted it out itself. Which is exactly what we should expect.

It would be nice if we had a poster that was knowledge of our immigration system. All that I know is that the USCIS us one big mess that rewards illegal immigrants.

Or as I and Maylar have pointed out; it turns people into illegal immigrants because it drags its feet.

We are long past the writing to our senators phase. That hasn’t helped us.

What turns people into illegal immigrants is when they enter our country illegally, or stay here beyond an agreed upon date.

What part of “illegal” do you not understand?

JWK

Nonsense, AS. Do you know what the WORD “bracero” even means? It means FARMER. Those admitted under the bracero programs were slated for FARM WORK…period. If they went to work elsewhere, they found themselves classified as illegal aliens and were deported. Mowing lawns, roofing houses, making beds in motels, cooking in Mexican restaurants are NOT “farm work” and those illegals in those jobs under bracero would be deported too.

History is a subject liberals try to avoid.

Wrong Dave, there was a rail program,

and the “farm” work definition was stretched so they could go work on ranches, not just with crops.

> those illegals in those jobs under bracero would be deported too.

And then allowed right back in, under Bracero. Under something called “a walk-around statute”.

Thanks to this policy, immigrants simply quit trying to cross the border, and simply signed up for Bracero themselves. That’s the result we should want today.

Alaska Slim

I’m still waiting for you to confirm your contention that illegal Mexican aliens are all lining up and paying a share of their earned wages into the social security system.

JWK

CLICK HERE to hear Hillary Clinton in her own words, lying to the America people about government run health care!