KFC -Is Fried Chicken on the way out???

What happened to my Extra Crispy Trans Fat Fried Chicken???

KFC - We mourn for you Colonel Sanders.

(quote)
Grilled chicken will be priced at a similar level to fried chicken, KFC said.

“This great tasting product will help KFC continue to evolve and increase our relevance among consumers looking for nonfried menu options,” said KFC President Gregg Dedrick.

KFC, like other US fast food groups, is vying to overhaul its menu as American consumers become more health conscious and wary about the foods they eat amid increased concerns about obesity.

Fast food behemoth McDonald’s has already changed some of its menus and boosted the number of salads offered to its customers.

KFC, which was founded by Harland Sanders in a gasoline station during the Great Depression, said the move formed part of a wider nutrional review of its menus.

The fast food group, known for its red and white branded food “buckets”, said it was also seeking to cut the sodium content in some of its menus after it started transitioning to zero grams trans fat per serving of fried chicken last year.

KFC said it was testing its new grilled chicken at various restaurants across the United States prior to offering the dish nationally.
(/quote)
LINK

It was bad enough that my wife started to eliminate fried foods, but I could always go to KFC if I wanted. Now what ??? I’m doomed to a life of bland food. :alien: :crybaby:

You know KFC isn’t as good as it used to be. I go to Popeye’s if I want some good fried chicken.

I think it’s just a Southern chain though. They add Cajun flavoring to the chicken. They also have fish and jumbalya too. Blows KFC out of the water.

[quote=“Bucks, post:1, topic:11620”]
What happened to my Extra Crispy Trans Fat Fried Chicken???

KFC - We mourn for you Colonel Sanders.

(quote)
Grilled chicken will be priced at a similar level to fried chicken, KFC said.

“This great tasting product will help KFC continue to evolve and increase our relevance among consumers looking for nonfried menu options,” said KFC President Gregg Dedrick.

KFC, like other US fast food groups, is vying to overhaul its menu as American consumers become more health conscious and wary about the foods they eat amid increased concerns about obesity.

Fast food behemoth McDonald’s has already changed some of its menus and boosted the number of salads offered to its customers.

KFC, which was founded by Harland Sanders in a gasoline station during the Great Depression, said the move formed part of a wider nutrional review of its menus.

The fast food group, known for its red and white branded food “buckets”, said it was also seeking to cut the sodium content in some of its menus after it started transitioning to zero grams trans fat per serving of fried chicken last year.

KFC said it was testing its new grilled chicken at various restaurants across the United States prior to offering the dish nationally.
(/quote)
LINK

It was bad enough that my wife started to eliminate fried foods, but I could always go to KFC if I wanted. Now what ??? I’m doomed to a life of bland food. :alien: :crybaby:

[/quote]I love chicken and some times I think I am on a one man crusade to eat all the chicken I can find. However, the last two times I ate KFC I was disappointed. Their chicken has gotten bad.

I like Church’s Chicken, myself…

Church’s is good, but there’s none around there. There used to be one in Tipp City, OH, when I lived there.

Personally, I like grilled chicken, although I like fried, too. Besides, when we go out to eat anymore, we usually patronize one of the local restaurants, rather than a chain.

Popeye irritates me. I think they would be good but it’s strange that they have no choices other than spicy. some of us are just whimps. To also have nothing but spicy available for kids?

KFC has changed. I thought I was given the wrong order the last time I ordered extra crispy. I don’t mind Grilled Chicken…at home when I am working on loosing a little weight. I go to KFC for the real thing though. Sanders must be rolling in his grave. Who in their right mind came up with this new name of Kentucky Grilled Chicken? KGC? Give me a break. An era is doomed.

Fried food bothers my inerds.

Does anyone have Chick-fil-A where they live? I know it’s not completely national yet either. Even though their chicken isn’t technically “fried” chicken, it’s still the best fast food chicken you can find.

I remember seeing those years ago. i thought they went out of business.

Chick-fil-A? Oh heck no. It’s one of the strongest fast food franchises in the US. They’re based out of Atlanta and serve mostly fried chicken so their market is more Southern and Midwestern than anything, but they’re going strong.

They even sponsor one of the big college bowl games…the Chick-fil-A bowl. They’re huge…

Texas seems like it has millions of Chick-fil-A’s…

We eat there pretty often. It is the best fast food you can find. Also, they use peanut oil which is less fattening. A friend of mine had a heart attack a couple years ago and ended up having surgery. He has a list of “heart friendly” places he is able to eat at. Chick-fil-A is one of them, although he always gets the grilled sandwhich and not the fried.

[quote=“Crimson_Pride, post:10, topic:11620”]
Chick-fil-A? Oh heck no. It’s one of the strongest fast food franchises in the US. They’re based out of Atlanta and serve mostly fried chicken so their market is more Southern and Midwestern than anything, but they’re going strong.

They even sponsor one of the big college bowl games…the Chick-fil-A bowl. They’re huge…
[/quote]I knew they were big enough to sponsor major sporting events, and they’ve also sponsored a program or two on our local PBS station. We don’t have one immediately nearby, although I was thinking I’d heard (maybe from Mom) that there’s one in a town about 50-60 miles from us.

They sponsored something on PBS? That doesn’t sound good to our health.

Yeah, they used to be around here. They all closed down years ago though. Guess us “north westerners” don’t get it.

All of the malls in Indiana that I have seen have one.

My nephew is allergic to peanuts. He can’t eat there.

We had a Chick-fil-A open about six months ago. My son-in-law camped out with friends all night to get coupons for a years worth of sandwitches.

My wife brought home a “grilled” chicken sandwitch that tasted like the chicken was “pressed”. Not good.

KFC I think, went down hill after they did away with “trans fat” IMO.

At least the company lets you know they use peanut oil so that nothing bad happens to people who are allergic to peanuts like your nephew is.

Yeah, I don’t know of any fast food joint that literally grills anything. It’s much more efficient to have a flat stove top grill that you can use to make several things. But I do like Chick-fil-A’s grilled chicken though, it has more flavor to me than most grilled chicken sandwiches you find elsewhere.

You also get that BBQ Honey Mustard sauce and that stuff is pretty good.

:yeahthat: