Kid sings National anthem and ticks of racists

Mexican-American boy’s national anthem sparks racist comments - CNN.com This kid has some set of pipes and damn did he nail it. The tweets damn pathetic. One guy tweeted “9 out of 10 chance that kid singing the national anthem is illegal” Another wrote, “This kid is Mexican. Why is he singing the national anthem?”

Guarantee if he didn’t wear the Mexican clothing less people would have noticed. Just saying.

[quote=“Bigfoot_88, post:2, topic:39831”]
Guarantee if he didn’t wear the Mexican clothing less people would have noticed. Just saying.
[/quote] yeah well damn next time I see kilt wearing bagpipers at a cop or firefighters funeral I’ll just assume that they’re from Scotland and not American

Yes, I understand your message - stay in your place, kid, stay in your place. Just conform to racists’ expectations and you’ll encounter less racism.

Maybe if he would have been sportin’ the stars n bars they would have been pleased.

At least, they didn’t pelt the boy with garbage like the progressive homosexuals did to the boy scouts at the 2000 Democrat Party Convention. The Progressive Democrats are the epitome of tolerance NOT.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:6, topic:39831”]
At least, they didn’t pelt the boy with garbage like the progressive homosexuals did to the boy scouts at the 2000 Democrat Party Convention. The Progressive Democrats are the epitome of tolerance NOT.
[/quote] If they could of, they would of. They just used verbal garbage instead.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:7, topic:39831”]
If they could of, they would of.
[/quote]And you know that/have that opinion because . . . ?

Project much. Just because your ilk has no problem physically abusing children in a national public forum like The Democrat Party National Convention (an audience full of government nanny-stater advocates) doesn’t mean that Conservatives are turned the same way.

[quote=“BobJam, post:8, topic:39831”]
And you know that/have that opinion because . . . ?
[/quote] Oh come on now. The point is that a hell of a lot of racists were agitated that some “Brown kid” wearing a mariachi outfit was singing the National Anthem. Their message was the the same as if they were there physically throwing garbage at him.

From the article:

Juan de la Cruz, Sebastien’s father, hasn’t taken the negative comments personally at all.

“When he was on ‘America’s Got Talent,’ he faced racism there, too. You can’t satisfy everyone,” said de la Cruz to CNN.

“I think people reacted the way they did because Sebastien was wearing his mariachi outfit,” said de la Cruz, “But, it doesn’t make sense to listen to those people when most of the feedback we have gotten is positive. San Antonio supports Sebastien.”

This young kid and his family are and will be doing more to overcome racism than pretty much any activist. I grew up in 1960s Central California. Mariachi music (and other aspects of Mexican culture) was then and is more so now a part of our regional American culture. American culture is the richer for it, just as it has been enriched by aspects of any number of African, Asian and European cultures. I don’t think racism will ever be eradicated (though I certainly wouldn’t mind being wrong), humans being humans, and there is racism from both “sides”, but I hope people like this family and the millions like them abound, increasingly isolating racists in an otherwise mutually respectful society. That would be the greatest defeat and revenge on racists!

From the linked article:

(CNN) – An 11-year-old boy’s rendition of the national anthem at Game 3 of the NBA finals brought the usual appreciative applause Tuesday, but outside AT&T Center in San Antonio, his performance brought a darker reaction from some posters on social media – and eventually an online backlash against their racist comments.

You see, the child was not even booed or attacked inside the actual venue of this event, unlike the Boy Scouts at the 2000 Democrat Party Convention who were booed by delegates and pelted with garbage. Everyone was respectful. The problems didn’t arise until afterwards and outside of the venue and on-line.

OSB, you can stick your completely FALSE and UNWARRANTED accusation that the Conservatives would have pelted him with garbage if they could have where the sun doesn’t shine. If anything, this child’s father could have insisted on the boy not wearing a traditional Mexican outfit while singing this song. IMHO, based upon his comments in the article, his father likely did it as an ‘in your face’. Thus, exploiting his child to make a political statement.

Donning my Moderator’s hat …

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kssfsgW7ng1qa1iiqo1_500.jpg

If this thread remains in the realms of broad-broom-painting the entire US or entire large groups of Americans as racists or of personal sniping I will happily commit Thread Euthanasia!

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:9, topic:39831”]
Project much. Just because your ilk has no problem physically abusing children in a national public forum like The Democrat Party National Convention (an audience full of government nanny-stater advocates) doesn’t mean that Conservatives are turned the same way.
[/quote] Once again you have to flip it. This is not what this about. I didnt mention the DNC did I? Why don’t you just stick with this story instead of trying to bring up other stuff to deflect. Don’t you have any opinions about this? You agree with what they did or you think it was shitty? Don’t care? Try to stay on topic or is somehow baby murder going to be mentioned next.

I countered a blatantly FALSE accusation made by OSB. If no one likes it, I don’t care. The truth hurts those that deny it.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:15, topic:39831”]
I countered a blatantly FALSE accusation made by OSB. If no one likes it, I don’t care. The truth hurts those that deny it.
[/quote] BS don’t like it don’t bring up things that have nothing to do with this. simple as that. no reason to bring up things that have nothing to do with thi no reason to bring up things that have nothing to do with this story.

You made a blatantly FALSE accusation and I called you on it. If you were a person of integrity, you would own up to it. That example puts the true nature of Progressive tolerance into its proper perspective. It was completely applicable to this topic. You exaggerate claims to the point of blatantly lying and then cry and deflect when you get called on it. I know, to you, the truth is incorrect.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:17, topic:39831”]
You made a blatantly FALSE accusation and I called you on it. If you were a person of integrity, you would own up to it. That example puts the true nature of Progressive tolerance into its proper perspective. It was completely applicable to this topic. You exaggerate claims to the point of blatantly lying and then cry and deflect when you get called on it. I know, to you, the truth is incorrect.
[/quote] What false accusations? That racists would have tossed trash at this kid if they were at the game? They more n likely would have. Why are you even denying that as if your defending a particular class of racist that only uses words to hate and intimidate but couldnt possibly use physical actions.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:18, topic:39831”]
What false accusations? That racists would have tossed trash at this kid if they were at the game? They more n likely would have. Why are you even denying that as if your defending a particular class of racist that only uses words to hate and intimidate but couldnt possibly use physical actions.
[/quote]It did not happen so you are trying to make believe it happened to create a buzz about something that your kind would do rather than conservatives. Talk about transference.

Promise kept. If you need to hammer-and-tong each other, please do so by PM.