Kroger faces backlash after police, officer's wife say employees refused to serve the

Kroger faces backlash after police, officer’s wife say employees refused to serve them | Fox News

What’s going on? Is Freedom of Expression a one way street? Lady wears a shirt supportive of police and is refused service…something is amiss in all of this. Happened in Texas of all places.

A Houston-area woman says a teenage cashier at a Kroger supermarket in Spring, Texas, stepped away from the cash register and refused to check out her groceries last week because she was offended by the message on the customer’s T-shirt. It read: “Police Lives Matter / All Lives Matter.”

The incident occurred just a week after a similar situation in Alexandria, La., when a police officer in uniform said a cashier declined to check out her groceries.
In Texas, the woman, who says her husband is a police officer and gave only her first name — Meredith — told KTRK Eyewitness News:

"She was stating that the shirt I had on was basically a slap in the face to her and she was doing everything she could not to cry. She made me feel ashamed to have the shirt on, and I don’t appreciate that.”
The incident has led the Blue Bow foundation, which works to support police officers and their families, to sever ties with the grocery chain.

(Added url tags - PeteS)

I think the organization should scrutinize to see if this was more than a one-off incident before condemning Kroger. On the surface at least, a one-off incident is all this looks like. Talk to the store manager first. If that doesn’t get results, talk to the store owner. If that doesn’t, talk to the parent company about yanking their franchise.

In general I agree fully. This was the second such incident, article states that it happened in Alexandria also.

In the current intolerant climate from the far left, these responses are bound to occur. People are being singled out for their views, even when positive or supporting of others. It is so unAMerican. Wear a positive shirt and get denied service? Unacceptable.

The trouble is this stuff is not that “far left” any more. The schools are indoctrinating the new generation with a left wing agenda that encourages young people to support the views of just about every left wing group. The left wing is becoming the “main stream” for many young people because they don’t hear both sides of the issue.

**The incident has led the Blue Bow foundation, which works to support police officers and their families, to sever ties with the grocery chain. **
Kroger should go bankrupt over this for not firing that person on the spot.

That teenager at least deserved some “character enrichment.” Let’s face it. The kid is probably too inexperienced or stupid to know what he or she is doing.

The two incidents are probably unrelated in an organized and direct sense. Kroger should be urged to train its employees about customer relations & etiquette. Or to express publicly their support for what these two did, if they support it.

From the linked article:

> Kroger has since released a statement regarding both incidents:
>
> “Please know that we are disappointed and sorry to hear about the incidents in Alexandria, Louisiana and Spring, Texas. We’re especially saddened by how this incident reflects on the 431,000 Kroger associates who work hard to serve every customer in communities all across America
>
> “We’ve taken steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again—and we are reminding associates that is our responsibility to honor our company values of Diversity and Inclusion and treating our customers with Integrity and Respect in every interaction, every day. Our goal is always to create a welcoming, hospitable environment for all customers.”

What a load of blah! If Kroger had found the incidents happened as claimed, a couple of sentences would suffice: "What happened was wrong, and the offending employees were disciplined. Kroger is requiring store managers to remind customer service employees to treat all customers with respect."

Yeah, I noticed they mentioned company values of “diversity” - which a few decades ago would have been innocuous enough, but has a totally different meaning today.

That teenager at least deserved some “character enrichment.” Let’s face it. The kid is probably too inexperienced or stupid to know what he or she is doing.
I totally 100% disagree. Maybe the person is inexperienced & I’m betting stupid but being inexperienced isn’t an excuse. For that matter even being stupid doesn’t excuse what happened. Society excepts way to many excuses these days for bad behavior. Had I been the manager I would have fired them before the customer left the store. And yes even though it’s “illegal” now any future employer who wanted to hire them that called me would get the reason why I fired them.