Lauryn Hill Gets 3 Months for Not Paying Taxes… Blames Slavery

Grammy-winning singer Lauryn Hill stood in federal court Monday and compared her experience in the music business to the slavery her ancestors endured before a judge sentenced her to three months in prison for failing to pay about $1 million in taxes over the past decade.
*“I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them,” Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. **“I had an economic system imposed on me.”

**Ugh. Lauryn Hill Gets 3 Months for Not Paying Taxes… Blames Slavery | The Gateway Pundit
First of all whether she is the child of slavery is debatable. Secondly, this ploy is nothing more than a ploy to gain sympathy for someone who deliberately did not pay their taxes.

Perhaps Holder will pardon her.*

I’ve remained silent, after an extensive healing process. This has been a 10+ year battle, for a long time played out behind closed doors, but now in front of the public eye. **This is an old conflict between art and commerce… free minds, and minds that are perhaps overly tethered to structure. **This is about inequity, and the resulting disenfranchisement caused by it. I’ve been fighting for existential and economic freedom, which means the freedom to create and live without someone threatening, controlling, and/or manipulating the art and the artist, by tying the purse strings.
No Layryn, it’s not. It’s the old conflict between people who produce (if what you do is really production) and the leeches who want their stuff. You might be a Republican today except you think that the millions of dollars to your name is disenfranchisement, which means you’re just a delusional idiot.

RWNJ, did she say she was a Republican? That’s a new one to me.

Anecdotal time!!!

One of my best buddies in Marine Corps schools was a big, big Fugees fan. We got matching “Ooh Rah” tatoos. It’s not as gay as that sounds, I promise.

:coffee_spray::rofl:

That defense strategy worked out real well for her, didn’t it?

[quote=“JStang, post:3, topic:39379”]
RWNJ, did she say she was a Republican? That’s a new one to me.

Anecdotal time!!!

One of my best buddies in Marine Corps schools was a big, big Fugees fan. We got matching “Ooh Rah” tatoos. It’s not as gay as that sounds, I promise.
[/quote]She’s mad cuz the government wants her cash… Could be a libertarian.

But then she starts off on this “it’s cuz I’m black” bit…

I also don’t know what your Fugees-friend story means or what that has to do with tattoos and Ooh Rah. But I only ever barely heard of the Fugees, and I’m not sure I ever heard a single song of theirs or hers.

The article has a surprise Geordi La Forge.

Ooh Rah tattoos are the basic, every Marine must get a Marine Corps related tattoo. Back then, there was one tattoo shop in 29 Palms. We went in there, actually four of us. My buddy and I ended up getting the same tattoo. It wasn’t planned, not like when our entire platoon except one dude and the Sergeant shaved our heads to show up the course instructor who made a bet with a student and didn’t follow through. That was planned. Our Brain Child (smartest dude, highest scores and so forth) made a bet that he’d ace a test. The instructor said if he did ace it, the instructor would shave his head. Brain Child ( he was naturally Que Ball bald) aced it, and the instructor chickened out.
So, we all shaved our heads. All except the two that didn’t, they were suck-ups to the instructor. We shamed him that day. Shamed him bad.

“Ooh Rah” is how Hoorah is pronounced, which is the basic Marine utterance used for greeting, cheer, Affirmative, Acknowledge, rally cry and so forth. You hear it alot around Marines. Like Hooo-ah for Army dog faces.

[quote=“JStang, post:8, topic:39379”]
Ooh Rah tattoos are the basic, every Marine must get a Marine Corps related tattoo. Back then, there was one tattoo shop in 29 Palms. We went in there, actually four of us. My buddy and I ended up getting the same tattoo. It wasn’t planned, not like when our entire platoon except one dude and the Sergeant shaved our heads to show up the course instructor who made a bet with a student and didn’t follow through. That was planned. Our Brain Child (smartest dude, highest scores and so forth) made a bet that he’d ace a test. The instructor said if he did ace it, the instructor would shave his head. Brain Child ( he was naturally Que Ball bald) aced it, and the instructor chickened out.
So, we all shaved our heads. All except the two that didn’t, they were suck-ups to the instructor. We shamed him that day. Shamed him bad.

“Ooh Rah” is how Hoorah is pronounced, which is the basic Marine utterance used for greeting, cheer, Affirmative, Acknowledge, rally cry and so forth. You hear it alot around Marines. Like Hooo-ah for Army dog faces.
[/quote]Ah…thought that had something to do with Lauryn Hill and the Fugees…sorry. It made me confused.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:9, topic:39379”]
Ah…thought that had something to do with Lauryn Hill and the Fugees…sorry. It made me confused.
[/quote]No, just my Buddy was a huge Fugees fan, and this brought back memories.

[quote=“JStang, post:10, topic:39379”]
No, just my Buddy was a huge Fugees fan, and this brought back memories.
[/quote]Funny how that works. Cool :smiley:

Before this story came out, I had no idea who this person is. I saw her photo in the article and she looks familiar but that’s about it.

Should be rephrased as. “Gets 3 months of jail time for refusing to get mugged by armed thieves”