Let them eat cake

I don’t see it as a bad thing that Obama is on vacation since when he actually is working, he makes the country worse off.

Working or playing, he makes the country worse off.

Yeah it is just “Racism”, if he were not black we would be praising his administration.

And if Bush had invited a Rapper to perform at the White House who publicly praised and defended a convicted cop killer we would be thrilled about it.

You have us figured out J, you have peeked behind the curtain and exposed us with your perfectly reasonable assessment.

I always found it funny how conservatives in this administration use nonsense issues like these to distract from real problems. So our president is having parties and golfs, at most what are his expenses? Several million? That’s if we assume the highest costs for personal expenses (ignoring of course that it is the prerogative of the president to have these events, and that if he had celebrations with cheap paper plates conservatives would attack the administration for cheapening the Glorious White House with disposable wares). This is all during a time when our corporations are paying NEGATIVE tax rates, business lobbyists successfully maintained Corporate Jet loopholes, and our taxes are at the lowest point in decades. Not to mention we were in a war for ten years, thanks to the prior administration and we bailed out banks a few years ago by handing them almost a trillion dollars.

So yeah, worry about a White House Party that costs at most a hundredth of a percent of what we paid those banks, at most a two-hundredth of a percent of the war’s cost, etc.

You mean like Eazy-E: Do the Right-Wing Thing | EW.com

Now, please find me the clips and evidence of right-wing talkers ranting about Bush “chugging 40’s in the hizzouse,” and “having a hood in the big crib.” This is plainly race-bating rhetoric. Why are you defending it?

Didn’t you lefties do the same thing when Bush was President?

I know that every week there was something dumb said, or done, that was made fun of. Maybe that is the difference between the left and right. The left uses satire, and humor, while the right tries to cut the political throat of their opponents.

Yeah that is the same thing…
Except…

It was senatorial committee who put the event on, not the White House
The function was not at the White House
Bush was a Speaker at the event and an honoree, not the host
The Rapper in question was not leading a movement that praised and defended a convicted cop killer
The Rapper in question was known as a former scumbag who now was a key supporter of many charities
Bush had no role in making any decisions about who the guests and performers would be.

Other than that, you really found a “gotcha”.

Or does pointing all that out further condemn me as “Racist”?

Oh yes, we are all evil with no sense of humor. The joker poster with Bush was satire, the joker poster with Obama was pure hate. The Nazi comparison with Bush was good hearted fun, the Nazi talk with Obama is all spite. Bush not violating the Constitution by getting congressional approval of his war and not doing the controversial recess appointments were a treasonous act. Obama violating the War Powers Act and his recess appointments were done so out of divine guidance and therefore can not be questioned.

Right, address a stereotype with a stereotype (a hypocritical one, given some of the vitriol from the left)…

Oh yes, we are all evil with no sense of humor.

Conservatives have a sense of humor, just when it comes to political enemies it mostly is tearing the opponent down and making him into the antichrist.

The joker poster with Bush was satire, the joker poster with Obama was pure hate.

Right.

The Nazi comparison with Bush was good hearted fun, the Nazi talk with Obama is all spite.

Basically. Only a few on the left took the Bush Nazi thing seriously. With Obama, well… just ask here who thinks he is a Nazi.

Bush not violating the Constitution by getting congressional approval of his war and not doing the controversial recess appointments were a treasonous act. Obama violating the War Powers Act and his recess appointments were done so out of divine guidance and therefore can not be questioned.

Not really a joke.

Am I wrong? I seriously can recall few if any exceptions to my line of reasoning.

Your looking at the world through very narrow rose colored glasses.

How many leftists have said words to the effect of: “Will someone just give (Bush) a **** *** (oral sex) so we can get the impeachment underway?” That one was pretty common.

There was a lot of hysterical anti-Bush rhetoric from the left. But the anti-Obama rhetoric from the right is definitely worse, and more consistently irrational.

That depends on your point of view now doesn’t it. Those of us that believe he has violated the powers given him under the Constitution find it very rational and not near as bad as what was handed to Bush. It will always be that way. The big difference is that the left has the MSM running cover for it.

Fox is certainly part of the “MSM”; indeed, Fox is perhaps the most powerful news network in the world, and they engage in what amounts to 24-7 shilling for Republicans.

You’re correct about the left-wing media though, of course. Here is one thing I noticed: when Woodward would release one of his books on the inner workings of the Bush administration, all of the major left-wing talk shows (Charley Rose, Meet the Press, etc.) would have him on with large fan fare, making a huge deal about all of the dysfunctional aspects of the Bush presidency. Woodward’s critical book on Obama barely received a mention. You’re correct that the left-wing media is “running cover” for Obama, but they’re obviously nowhere near as bad as Fox when it comes to shameless bias and partisan dishonesty.

Name one single Bush criticism that FOX did not cover or that they “ran cover” for.

FOX covers ALL the news, the Liberal Media only cover what perpetuates their agenda.

So comparing Bush to Hitler is having a sense of humor?

And the left never tears their political enemies down and making them into the antichrist.

Basically. Only a few on the left took the Bush Nazi thing seriously. With Obama, well… just ask here who thinks he is a Nazi.

You must not watch MSNBC.