Liberal Media Turns Blind Eye To Rocket Boy Kim Un

You know what frys my ass? Liberal media ignoring a decade of threats from North Korea and trying to pin “dangerous rhetoric” on Trump as if he is the source of all the threats of burning America to the ground.

Notice the subtle “but insisted his replies” - why is it a “but” unless the writer wants you to think that Trump is the source of all the threats. Obama admitted NK was the big mess to be inherited by the next administration. Why doesn’t the author of this piece just quote that? Kim has been making these threats for years before Trump without any Obama response. Why does the author not mention Kim’s long list of threats before Trump instead of quoting Trump and making it sound like he is wrong?

Trump shouldn’t be responding regardless; the North feeds on outrage, and seizes on opportunities where they even think they can cast themselves as victims.

Arguing or responding to them is like arguing or responding to a troll. It’s not going get you anywhere.

The only thing Trump should respond to is their actions; he should tune out anything else.

So their actions in building nuclear weapons and actions in threatening us should be responded to how?

Set up THAAD, or a patriot missile system, or AEGIS, somewhere near to where we think the next missile will go. Then shoot it down.

That’s Option 1:
Show them that the deterrent they’re building is futile.

Option 2:
Convince the Chinese to embargo them.

If the Chinese repeat what they did in 2003 (ceasing all oil exports), this crisis would end within a month.

Actions speak louder than words. And actions, not verbal threats, are the only thing that should be bothered with.

You are dead on!

What the Alt Left knows is that the average person does not know NoKo from the North Pole and certainly does not know we are only in a cease fire status which still lingers from the Korean War of the mid 50’s. Therefore the media can spin this like it’s ALL Trump, All the time and were it not for Trump we would be singing gum by ahhh and holding pinkies with Rocket-man.

Fact is we have done very little about NoKo over the years. The Tree chopping incident, the tunnels, the shooting, yes they still shoot at us or did when I was there in '78-'79 on the DMZ. And like a kid who sticks his hand in a cookie jar to steal a cookie and gets away with it over and over again, the cookie become killing a US Army Officer, the tunnels etc and now today he is talking a Hydrogen bomb, in an Air burst in the Pacific…this will be an Act of War and puts Trump tween a VERY hard rock and VERY hard place. If Trump does little and the radioactive fall out drifts over to the US the media will scream he did nothing and Americas have died as a result, blood on his hands. If Trump takes action they its Trump that started a war and Americas have died as a result, blood on his hands.

Exactly what the far left wants to occur…

Here is my question…

The North has had artillery pointed at Seoul in the south for a very, very long time. Certainly throughout all of the 1990’s.

After the North dug in, there wasn’t an acceptable answer to this crisis.

There are 15,000 pieces of artillery and rocket launchers pointed at this:

Once the North dug into their positions in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s it was already too late. There is no military solution that does not involve 100’s of thousands, perhaps millions of deaths in South Korea.

Maybe in hindsight, the South Koreans shouldn’t have built their largest city in the range of the North’s artillery.

I don’t like a nuclear-armed north, but after 1980 (give or take) I’m not sure there was a viable option left.

I’m of the opinion that we should be working to undermine him via cyber attacks, drones, anti-missile systems and pressure on China.

This fighting with Kim like children in a playground only makes the US look stupid.

Remember, argue with an idiot and hell just drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience. Exactly what we see happening.

Exactly what got us where we are, indecisive opinion making and wishy washy statements

That end up with the same ineffective actions that “Give Un Hydrogen Bombs!” Leftist inaction and media twists are all about enabling a truly brutal and crazy regime to grow in threat

Although you slipped drones in there, not sure what option that is?

Don’t be so sure. Kim Jong Un may be a maniac, but I doubt his troops are eager to commit suicide by shelling Seoul.

That’s the most blatant example of cherry picking I’ve ever seen.

So you believe that there were better courses of action? I’m all ears.

Would you be willing to risk the lives of millions of people in Seoul to find out?

Actually was interested in your drone option - hoping you’d expand on that. Can’t say I have better options if I don’t know yours

Yea they got a TON of Arty and rocket man launchers aimed South. But and I know this is gonna hurt some of you. Most of that Arty and the RocketMans date back to the Korean war, few have been fired in the past 60+ years their ammo is old and it is expected much of it will not even fire or fall short and I expect the Arty is so rusty it will be lucky to not blow up.

NOT to say they will not get any rounds down range, even a broke watch is right twice a day. But Seoul is 35 mi S of the DMZ, I would be shocked if they had any Arty that has that capability, even that would be a stretch for us. Since they don’t shoot, they don’t train, if they don’t train there is no accuracy and the Western Corridor is sparsely populated even today. LOTS of rice paddies with day workers and some small villages. I have been all over they Western Corridor.

The NoKo soldier has never seen combat and mostly of them are lucky to have had a grandfather even in the Korean war. They are ill equipped, poorly paid, untrained and depend solely on mass of bodies to take an objective. They have poor and untrained leadership that leas with an Iron fist for motivation. They are hungry for food. My bet is if anything happens most will head South in hopes of giving up fast to get a hot meal and a warm bed to sleep in.

NoKo Army is made of mostly of them, but inside the walls are the hard core cadre of boot lickers and I doubt that few will hang on any longer than did Hitlers circle of boot lickers…

Sorry to bust the bubble for some of you.

I was just saying drones could be used for observation or more sophisticated operation (perhaps an anti-missile or ICBM platform) just outside the borders of the DPRK…

But that’s just spitballing…

What about you, how could all of this have been avoided if you could rewind to the 1980’s. Indulge me.

Most of that Arty and the RocketMans date back to the Korean war, few have been fired in the past 60+ years their >ammo is old and it is expected much of it will not even fire or fall short and I expect the Arty is so rusty it will be lucky to >not blow up.

NOT to say they will not get any rounds down range, even a broke watch is right twice a day. But Seoul is 35 mi S of >the DMZ, I would be shocked if they had any Arty that has that capability, even that would be a stretch for us. Since >they don’t shoot, they don’t train, if they don’t train there is no accuracy and the Western Corridor is sparsely populated >even today. LOTS of rice paddies with day workers and some small villages. I have been all over they Western >Corridor.

Perhaps you’ve seen this?

For the record, I think you’re right, 35 miles is a stretch for artillery, but they also possess the KN-09, a new system deployed last year…

This is reported to be a 300mm rocket launcher with a range of 124 miles (though there are apparently several variants of this platform probably based on Russian or Chinese systems).

They also have 240mm launchers with a 37-mile range (enough to reach most of Seoul proper).

I’ve seen no estimates on the number of 300mm launchers, but they are reported to have “thousands” of 240mm launchers.

There are plenty of targets of opportunity for the several thousand pieces of artillery with shorter ranges and remember Seoul city limits has over 10 million people and counting the metro area is 25 million.

And let’s not forget, they have ballistic missiles with conventional, and perhaps even chemical or nuclear warheads that can reach anywhere including Tokyo a city of 45 million.

Who’s to say that Kim doesn’t believe himself to have an escape into China if a war begins.

Again, there is a lot of what-if’s here and that’s the reason that we’ve been in this quagmire for so long. We don’t really know what they are capable of or willing to do…But no one wants to take the risk. Would you?

No, what got us here is China and Russia propping North Korea up. Nothing would have advanced without that.

I believe that I’ve posted this image before.

More like a scheme by Jiang Zemin to use them as a shield to hide China’s own human rights abuses.

Equally, the economic aid we promised them not being as lucrative, helpful, or forthcoming as the regime hoped, and thus, having every incentive to fall back into the sphere of Chinese hard liners.

I’ll say it right now, because it’s the reality we face: Either we get China, who now has new leadership that has already tried to get rid of Jung Un, to go that last step and embargo North Korea, or we have to negotiate going forward in a posture of letting North Korea hold onto their nukes.

It is not crazy that they developed them, they are not crazy for clinging to them. It is perfectly rational.

They sense their own growing obsolesce as a military power, and have seen several instances of Allied powers going in and cleaning out regimes in other parts of the world; even when said regimes agreed to stop development on WMDs.

They don’t want to be the next nation on that list, and they see a nuke as the only force that can deter it indefinitely. It is even worth risking the ire of China to have it, as only with a nuke can their security be assured.

That’s how they see it. We will only deter it by robbing them of resources to continue, and only China holds that card.

I think that’s a pretty good explanation and I totally agree. So then, in hindsight, the solution should have been to put more pressure on China?

As opposed to pulling a Neville Chamberlain and enabling a bully, hoping he doesn’t pull a Hitler by taking South Korea (a la Czechoslovakia and Poland) and figuring his nuclear threat to the U.S. as his technology grows will keep us from responding (which might well be the case if the left has its way)? Yeah.

No. That’s a mechanical comparison, and it doesn’t work at all.

South Korea has the most expensive tank in the world that puts our own to shame, while the Norks have home-manufactured **** based on Soviet Designs from the 1960s.

North Korea has no functioning air corps, no air reconnaissance, and their submarines are so goddamn noisy they can be spotted more than 200 miles away. They have vehicles strewn around in empty fields, for want of spare parts and fuel.

The entire strategy that the Imungun is built around is asymmetrical warfare; they can’t stand to anyone in a straight up fight, that’s been the case at least since the 1980s. Their entire existence is deterrence, and it’s built for that purpose.

They’re not the Nazi army, armed with cutting-edge tactics and technology, fighting numerically inferior armies armed with obsolete tech.

They’re the hicks in the hills, and the South, with its modern military, armed with NATO-standard equipment, would murder them in droves. And they know it.

Oh, and as I think someone else mentioned, their troops are starving.

You are seeing demo stuff, big show, the stuff embedded into the hills just N of the DMZ that has been sitting there for 60 years is rusted junk. Sure they have bought some new rocket launchers from the Chinese, Ruskys and anyone who will sell them something. But putting on a firepower demo does not a sustained conflict make. They lack the ability to sustain, they lack an understanding of logistics to support it, I doubt they can even feed their troops. War is a hard and difficult game and I am not talking about the killing fields. For every combat soldier in the bloody arena…for every one of us out there the tail to support is 20 personnel deep.

Again, NOT saying they can do no damage down range, it would be a bloody conflict for exactly the reason I stated…the only war they can fight is a war of attrition by throwing bodies at it. They have plenty, with a total strength of 13M bodies, most of them would be used for nothing but dead meat. Then there is there POL requirements of at least 15,000 bbls per day and they have a near zero organic petro supply. To take them down would be like our war in the Pacific in WWII. In other words not easy.

What we would want to do is bomb them back to the stone age and hope to kill off much of there machines of war and they leadership. Their military like most across the globe is based upon and elite leadership and a cannon fodder solider. Thus if you cut the head off the snake it dies real fast. So we would want to pull them down into S Korea in the space that is called the Western Corridor. This will force them to consume POL and deliver beans and bullets and this is their Achilles heel.

Oaks, there is no question at all that they couldn’t stand up to us in a fight, but I think the problem is that they can enact a toll, even with their ancient weapons, starving troops, and tanks that won’t run due to a lack of fuel.

Optimistically, it would take days to ferret out all of their artillery and rocket emplacements.In that time I suspect that thousands, perhaps 10’s of thousands would be killed and that’s assuming they don’t use ballistic missiles armed with the area of effect munitions like chemical or nukes.

Seoul is a highly concentrated city where escape is impractical.

Chalking it all up to, “let’s hope they starve, their weapons don’t work, they run out of fuel and lack the desire to war” isn’t much of a plan imo.

I think AS has it right. China is the key, but that’s likely to cause some pain here at home given our symbiotic relationship with them.