Liberal think on Suicides

Suicides are at an all time high in the military. 1/2 of them are committed with a gun. And YES Congress has a plan to fix it!

Take away privately owned firearms from soldiers, that way they CANNOT possibly commit suicide.

"[LEFT]The new amendment, part of the defense authorization bill for 2013 that has passed in the [/LEFT]House of Representatives[LEFT] but not in the Senate, would allow mental health professionals and commanders to ask service members about their personal firearms if they have “reasonable grounds” to believe the person is at “high risk” of committing suicide or harming others.
[/LEFT]
Less access to guns sought for GIs at risk of suicide - San Antonio Express-News

I can ONLY assume that the other half of the suicides will lead to cars, pills and who knows what else to be confiscated.

Guess it will be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone who wants to commit suicide to do so, don’cha just love the govt?[LEFT][/LEFT]

**ALERT!**This is a serious question: Has the military suicide rate had a noticable INCREASE since the removal of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”.? Has open homosexuality caused this horrible result for our military? ALERT!

I cannot answer that question and if it has you can BET $$$$$ that info is gonna be buried ASAP!

Remember GLBT is classified as a “minority” group and are afforded special privileges not afforded other Americans and one of them is that you cannot say anything about them negative.

[quote=“Senator_Foghorn, post:2, topic:36496”]
**ALERT!**This is a serious question: Has the military suicide rate had a noticable INCREASE since the removal of the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”.? Has open homosexuality caused this horrible result for our military? ALERT!
[/quote] IN short, yes. Whether or not DADT’s removal was part of it, I don’t know. It could also be attributed to the increased depoloyments. Also, suicides always spike around holidays.