Life

[rant]Recently I have had a small group of friends accuse me of being stuck up and ignoring. Now a little backdrop on my groups of friends. I have many groups of friends(online gaming, hanging out at place, visiting each others houses). Now most of those groups intertwine some don’t Most of my friends do are not friends with each other as well so it is hard to balance out time between them. No on top of this I work 3 12 hour days in a row every week.(Tues. Wed. Thurs) On top of that I have meetings for not only work but for the various cities that fund our library.(want to stay informed and on good terms) To top that off I have meetings for the three committees that I am on in one of those towns.(have a meeting Monday and then the upcoming Saturday as well) Plus I try and visit my grand parents every other weekend and call up relatives that live far away just to chat with them. My life is hectic as hell. Yet I am accused of being stuck up and ignoring them…? The nerve of some people…[/rant] :no:

Try to relax. Here, have a donut and some apple juice.

I know the feeling. Good friends don’t gripe at you when you are busy, and you don’t gripe at them for dealing with everything – jobs, families, double xp weekends on SWTOR, fixing your son’s build in STO, etc. and so forth.

I know the feeling bro. LOL

Brings back memories of my poodle bippy. He was such a brat but I loved the little guy

That’s gotta be the coolest clam I have ever seen :slight_smile:

They need to understand your feelings as well seravee , and they need to understand that there are only 24 hours in a day. Why don’t they ask you how ur day was for a change and understand that your only human.
Your friends also should be looking out for u as well.
No man is an island

I was single until age 35. I was the dependable friend that could figure things out and help when needed. Then I got maried and had a family. Some of these “friends” seemed to think that placing priorities on the needs of my wife and son was unacceptable because I wasn’t dropping everything to help them whenthey needed it. Of course, as I looked back, these same “friends” never really even tried to reciprocate the help that I gave them over the years and would even have a long string of excuses as to why they couldn’t. These former friends of mine are also Democrats.

If your friends cannot understand that you are busy and have a life that doesn’t include asking “how high?” every time that they say “jump”, then they are not your friends.

Yes!! Thank you sir for making me feel much better about myself. I’m 26 and have never had a girlfriend. Why? I have no clue. I’m very handsome and I’ve even had girls say I’m hot, but I’ve been way to busy fixing everybody else’s problems in my family, because they are so incompetent. I’m also the responsible one. Another reason why I haven’t dated is because I grew up with two older sisters and man are they a pain in the butt. I also have 10 cousins that are all female and I’ve just had enough. I need to move, isolate myself from my family, then meet new people, then date.

The trick is to move far enough away that you can still visit upon occasion but not close enough to where they expect you to come around upon their command. They will either find someone else to fix everything for them or learn how to do it themselves.

Very true. I can see you’ve been down this road.

I highly suggest moving away so that there is approx. 2-3 hours of driving distance between you. When I first moved away, it was a little over 1 hour drive away. That wasn’t quite enough. With the price of gas today, it may work.

I would totally do this right now if it weren’t for the fact that I have a business office located in the current city I live in at the moment. However, perhaps I need to start using work as an excuses to not do things. ;>) I’m just too nice a lot of the time. I can’t help it! Lol…

I haven’t even talked to my friends that much at all this summer. It sucks. I’m switching schools anyway so I won’t even get to see them. My best friend is in boarding school and I don’t know if I’ll ever see him again. Man.