Lindsey Graham’s latest Fox News Sunday appearance highlights the GOP’s identity crisis

Two very different interviews on the Sunday morning news shows illustrated the Republican Party’s post-Trump impeachment acquittal identity crisis.

With Trump now out of office, banned from social media, and fresh off a trial in which a bipartisan majority of senators voted for his conviction, the Republican Party is polarized.

Some Republicans want to try to finally push the party past Trumpism and its anti-democratic impulses, while others — perhaps more mindful of Trump’s continued hold over the GOP base — are using his acquittal as an occasion to wrap their arms more tightly around him.

Sunday, the anti-Trump faction was represented by Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA). After four years of loyalty to Trump, Cassidy somewhat surprisingly joined six other Republican senators on Saturday and voted for Trump’s conviction on an article of impeachment accusing him of inciting the January 6 insurrection. And while Cassidy has already been censured by the Louisiana Republican Party for crossing the former president, he indicated during an interview on ABC’s This Week that he has no regrets.

More at:

Sen. Lindsey Graham’s latest Fox News hit highlights the GOP’s identity crisis - Vox

Dude, don’t post the full article. As I’ve said, this is a copyright violation. Just post the first 20% or so, and link for anyone who wants to read the rest.

I realize that my previous warning to you on this wasn’t a repeat like I thought, but this needs to stop.