Amanda Clayton, the Lincoln Park woman who caused a stir after continuing to take food stamps after winning the state lottery’s $1-million “Make Me Rich!” game show, has died of a possible drug overdose, police said Saturday.
Clayton, 25, was found dead by police about 9 a.m. at a home on Sunnyside Road in Ecorse, said Ecorse Police Sgt. Cornelius Herring. No further details were released by police.
The results of the autopsy are pending toxicology reports
Lottery winner who kept taking food stamps is found dead in Ecorse | Wayne County | Detroit Free Press | freep.com