Lumber Liquidators and Norge.

For all DIY people out there, my advice is when doing a home project DO NOT EVER go to Lumber Liquidators or use Norge products. Avoid them at all costs.

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:1, topic:39244”]
For all DIY people out there, my advice is when doing a home project DO NOT EVER go to Lumber Liquidators or use Norge products. Avoid them at all costs.
[/quote]Bad experience?

I have never used either one but once I was at Menards and saw someone try to return some building products and they were told it was to late to do so. It looked like they were doing a building remodel and they did not need it but had the stuff over six months.

The floor nailer keeps opening up on every hit. The air compressor was doing alright, but now it won’t go beyond 40 psi. We cleaned all the valves and did troubleshooting, but it hasn’t helped. They both have a one year warranty, so we are taking them back today. We used it last weekend and then yesterday, so there was not a whole lot of usage. It just set us back time wise as a lot of work time was lost yesterday and now today. There are also a lot of boards that don’t have the groove cut in the side or the tongue on the other side. A lot of the tongue area on the long side of many of the boards are cracked or splintered. Hopefully the exchange of the machinery here in about an hour will be quick and smooth and hopefully this is just a knee jerk response from a guy stressed about getting everything done on time. That’s what Mrs. RW says is the case so we will see.

FWIW… I thought you were talking about Norge appliances… which was owned by Maytag …who are now a Whirlpool brand. In any event…Norge is no longer as an appliance company but of course the brand name is still owned and could be slapped on something in the future.
As to Norge TOOL COMPANY… that is a brand CREATED by Lumber Liquidators for their own private label offshore equipment. ** This fact may help you on the return.

We got back and the exchange went well. The equipment works so far, so good.

I got thinking about tools and I remembered about Wen tools which I sold years ago and come to find out Sears was also using the same tool with a different housing.

Standard B&D air tools for the handiman has been fine for me, I bought a basic compressor, tank, 3 different guns plus needles valves air blowers as a package for about $250. The tank pressures up to 140psi enough for a framing gun. I deal primarily with Lowes lumber or local lumber yard whatever is available, [ here at the beach there is not much to choose from.]

Well, everything was exchanged, worked well, and we worked for a long time today. We accomplished a lot and it looks great!

[quote=“Right_Wing, post:4, topic:39244”]
The floor nailer keeps opening up on every hit. The air compressor was doing alright, but now it won’t go beyond 40 psi. We cleaned all the valves and did troubleshooting, but it hasn’t helped. They both have a one year warranty, so we are taking them back today. We used it last weekend and then yesterday, so there was not a whole lot of usage. It just set us back time wise as a lot of work time was lost yesterday and now today. There are also a lot of boards that don’t have the groove cut in the side or the tongue on the other side. A lot of the tongue area on the long side of many of the boards are cracked or splintered. Hopefully the exchange of the machinery here in about an hour will be quick and smooth and hopefully this is just a knee jerk response from a guy stressed about getting everything done on time. That’s what Mrs. RW says is the case so we will see.
[/quote]I always rented tools like that.
Good, at least you are progressing. Good Luck.

Pleased to hear it, RW. Nothing more frustrating than tools that don’t work properly.

The compressor started doing the same thing as the other one. We were able to get a lot more done even though it wouldn’t go beyond 70 psi. However, a couple nights ago it started topping out at 50 and then 40. A friend of mine, the Minuteman, said the compressor must be underpowered for the job we need it to do. Since our nailer needs 90-125 PSI and the pancake compressor is a max psi of 135 and holds 6 gallons. The issue is running the compressor too much and it never builds enough reserve air pressure to keep working on what we need it to. We went to Lowe’s last night and bought this.

Shop Campbell Hausfeld 1.3 HP 8-Gallon 200 PSI Electric Air Compressor at Lowes.com

We fired it up and it works a lot better. It is quieter as well, so the dog wasn’t scared. However, we learned the hard way not to have it on the same floor with glass on the shelves. A series of exposions of glass candle holders freaked us out. It was like in the movies and someone was shooting at us through the window. We kept hearing glass explosions and at first didn’t know where it was coming from. The dining room is almost done, the foyer is half done and the front room is almost half done. It should go much smoother now.

I love the new compressor from Lowe’s and we are moving along quickly. We are finished with the dining room, should finish the foyer shortly and finish the front room today. This thing is awesome!

When I am jovial and joking around and then shortly after I have a burst of anger and its manifestations, for example, with the Norge compressor not working; I always feel bad afterward. I think, “That’s not me.” But it is me. I am just a filthy rag and the only good in me is Christ. Yet, while all mankind is this way, Christ died for us. When these frustrating times happen, like the tool situation, I have to remember to be dead to sin and alive in Christ. I have to shed the old clothes, so to speak, and put on the new. I am a new creation.

Know the feeling; I’m a long way away from rooting out my own anger.

It always pays to have the proper tool and one that does the job.