Man shoots himself while bowling..

Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home Is there any activity where a gun aficionado might say to himself **“ya know, maybe I really don’t need to be clinging to my gun like Linus van pelt does with his blanket” **Say Scuba diving? Sky diving? riding a roller coaster? Any rationale for needing a gun while ice skating? Lets say you were appearing on the Price is Right, would Drew Carey be so menacing that you felt you needed a glock.

We always have at least one gun on the boat.
We don’t have ice skating here.
Drew Carey? What happened to Bob Barker? Who let a fat guy host a game show?

He hosted Whose Line? for years, which I guess is sort of like a game show.

[quote=“JStang, post:2, topic:39474”]
We always have at least one gun on the boat.
We don’t have ice skating here.
Drew Carey? What happened to Bob Barker? Who let a fat guy host a game show?
[/quote] Fascinating. Is there any leisure activity where you’re not compelled to have a gun within arms reach?

Nah, that’s a comedy show. There was no real winner.

Hmm, no. I always carry.

[quote=“JStang, post:6, topic:39474”]
Hmm, no. I always carry.
[/quote] So when you’re say swimming in a pool or sitting in a sauna or planting daisies in your yard you’re carrying a gun?

I just got done mowing with a 6 pack and my .22, final count: 5 beers, 4 snakes, and 1 rabbit

1: Pool? Whose? My nephew has a pool, he’s local PD. We have plenty of guns around.
2: No need, this is New Orleans area. It is all a sauna.
3: I always carry.

Man want following proper gun safety rules. His gun should have been in a holster on his belt not is his pocket. His fault not the guns or do you really think the gun decided to go off by itself?

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:8, topic:39474”]
I just got done mowing with a 6 pack and my .22, final count: 5 beers, 4 snakes, and 1 rabbit
[/quote] Lets say you’re playing football with buddies, or maybe parasailing, would you feel like you needed a piece with these activities?

[quote=“Seravee, post:10, topic:39474”]
Man want following proper gun safety rules. His gun should have been in a holster on his belt not is his pocket. His fault not the guns or do you really think the gun decided to go off by itself?
[/quote] Holstered or not. I’m trying to understand the rationale for feeling the need to have to have a piece on your body when you’re laying some pins.

Stupid questions will get you no where OSB. Do I need to post gun safely rules for you? People who cannot follow rules cannot carry guns. Very simple. Now on your own property that is a different story. Why dont you go after criminals and gangbangers in your lovely city and disarm them instead of law abiding citizens who are harming no one by following the law and protecting themselves and family. The guy in this story did not follow proper gun safety rules and should have is license revoked for a period of time.

[QUOTE=Seravee;592306**]Stupid questions will get you no where OSB**. Do I need to post gun safely rules for you? People who cannot follow rules cannot carry guns. Very simple. Now on your own property that is a different story. Why dont you go after criminals and gangbangers in your lovely city and disarm them instead of law abiding citizens who are harming no one by following the law and protecting themselves and family. The guy in this story did not follow proper gun safety rules and should have is license revoked for a period of time.[/QUOTE] They’re not stupid questions and I’m not advocating disarming law abiding citizens. I’m curious were a gun aficionado would draw the line with carrying a gun.

From the resident of Chicago…

If someones wants to carry a gun to their sons birthday at Chucky Cheese then they can. So long as the place allows guns to be carries on their property. Now if you are playing a sport or some such activity then it is unwise to carry a gun.

Should just go to the street and ask someone. lol

An engineer I know is a big gun aficionado and talks about carrying a piece while moving freight. The last place you need a gun is in the cab of a locomotive where all of the windows are bullet proof.:machinegu

Some people really can’t fathom that some people carry as matter of second nature. Just as a woman carries a purse, a carpenter has his tape measure hanging off his belt, a doctor hangs a stethescope around his neck; it’s all just second nature. They’d feel ‘naked’ without them. And that’s all perfectly acceptable. But somehow feeling ‘naked’ w/o your trusty sidearm on you, isn’t.
Go figure.
FWIW, I’m more apt to forget my cell phone at home when leaving for Wally World than my sidearm.
And, jftr, I wish I didn’t have to carry a purse. Keep it as small as possible. Thing is, we women don’t wear stuff in our pockets as well as guys can.

If someone wants to carry a gun to their sons birthday party than they better know a few basic of gun safety.