Maybe Not A 'Tech' Question?

Then again … maybe it is!?

I am looking for a site … simple and easy to use where I can store bits and pieces of information.

I would like to free up some disk space on my pc where I have hundreds of folders with nothing more than bits and pieces of articles I’ve run across or just plain ‘musings’ of my own.

I don’t want or need a website and someone suggested a blog?

I’ve looked at a few blog site providers and they look more complicated than what I feel I need or can use.

Also … aren’t all blogs open for everyone to see?

I want private storage if possible.

I have dropbox and sugarsync but I need something more like a notepad except … on the internet itself and not my disc.

If this makes any sense … all help will be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone

SP

An easy way would just be to send an e-mail to your self, but I dont see the problem of having it on your hard drive text files are very small and even if you tossed them all into one document you can make it searchable for easy access

Yeah, I also have hundreds of those too.
(sent and stored emails)

I’m beginning to think that I just might be a ‘Hoarder’ with a bad case of OCD!holy sheep

(I hate getting rid of anything and I can’t find it when I want to get rid of it anyway!):rofl:

Thanks

Stick them on a disc or flash drive

If you need a lot of space, perhaps an external (or second internal) hard drive would be good. Otherwise, I would recommend what Perkins suggested; flash drive or CD (flash drives are getting to where they can store ridiculous amounts of data).

I don’t see anyone recommending cloud storage which seems ideal for what you are looking for. Search Google Drive for one example. Google gives you 5GB of info to store for free which sounds like it will do exactly what you want and be accessible to you on any device…anywhere, anytime you have connectivity.
There are numerous other free cloud storage providers and additional storage is cheap if you need a lot. I use Amazon myself. $10 a year gets you 25GB total!

12 free cloud storage options

[quote=“Cam, post:6, topic:38052”]
I don’t see anyone recommending cloud storage which seems ideal for what you are looking for. Search Google Drive for one example. Google gives you 5GB of info to store for free which sounds like it will do exactly what you want and be accessible to you on any device…anywhere, anytime you have connectivity.
There are numerous other free cloud storage providers and additional storage is cheap if you need a lot. I use Amazon myself. $10 a year gets you 25GB total!

12 free cloud storage options
[/quote]Thank You Cam!

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:1, topic:38052”]
Then again … maybe it is!?

I am looking for a site … simple and easy to use where I can store bits and pieces of information.

I would like to free up some disk space on my pc where I have hundreds of folders with nothing more than bits and pieces of articles I’ve run across or just plain ‘musings’ of my own.

I don’t want or need a website and someone suggested a blog?

I’ve looked at a few blog site providers and they look more complicated than what I feel I need or can use.

Also … aren’t all blogs open for everyone to see?

I want private storage if possible.

I have dropbox and sugarsync but I need something more like a notepad except … on the internet itself and not my disc.

If this makes any sense … all help will be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone

SP
[/quote]Yahoo has a pretty good notepad function. When you log onto your e-mail account, which you have to create if you don’t have one, log on, in a separate window to “notepad.yahoo.com”. That’s what I do for that function. Also on smartphones there are some apps that have that.