McCain: We Will Have ‘Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall’

John McCain is so confident in the Corker-Hoeven amendment’s strengthening of the border that he compared it to another well-known, controversial barrier.
“We’ll be the most militarized border since the fall of the Berlin Wall,” the Arizona senator said on CNN this morning. He said that border security in the amendment is “not only sufficient, it is well over sufficient.”
“This is a border-security measure which I think should suffice to any critic,” he said.

McCain: We Will Have ‘Most Militarized Border Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall’ | National Review Online
Take note that if this bill passes Homeland Security can and probably will decide that a fence will not be built. There are a lot of goodies for illegals while penalizing those who go through the process of applying for citizenship the legal way.

Frankly the government has done everything to ensure that a border fence will not be effective with pathom fences, virtual fences, reducing personnel, reducing funding, and so on.

I’m very skeptical of building a border fence, after all, we’re in a deep deficit.

What Im wondering is why there is so much attention on border security and almost none on visa overstays. visa overstays make up 40% of the illegal immigrants in the county

[quote=“Lord_Brennus, post:2, topic:39946”]
I’m very skeptical of building a border fence, after all, we’re in a deep deficit.
[/quote]Wait a minute I heard we had a booming economy under Obama. The money is flowing like honey. Obama s giving free phones out to people.

Yes the country is suffering, and money is tight but the point is that this government has no real wish to enforce the border.

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:3, topic:39946”]
What Im wondering is why there is so much attention on border security and almost none on visa overstays. visa overstays make up 40% of the illegal immigrants in the county
[/quote]That too is a problem.

Here I am watching an old movie where the FBI has 100 million fingerprints on file and under five minutes they can locate someone. However real life says the opposite and they have no will to go after those people who do visa overstays.

Maybe we should use some of those RFID tags that the tin foilers are always worried about

The amount is small 0.1% of the budget and going to a worthy goal, lets cut some waste