Media fail: Stomp Jesus FAU professor is a Dem. Party official

A South Florida college professor’s bizarre classroom antics have made waves for their shocking display of religious intolerance. But they were even more instructive in educating the rest of us on the alarming thought process of yet another Palm Beach County Democratic leader.

Florida Atlantic University professor Deandre Poole instructed his intercultural communications class earlier this month to write the name “Jesus” on a piece of paper, then drop it on the floor and stomp on it.

Media fail: Stomp Jesus FAU professor is a Dem. Party official - BizPac Review

One thing that is not commonly known from what I read is Muslims hold Jesus in a place of reverence. This lefty professor thought he had a good thing by knocking Jesus because rightwingers are all known religious freaks(sterotyped).

Jesus in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The school showed its true colors when they suspended the student

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! I was just going to post the same article. This is typical of what passes for “higher education” and why I am so passionately adamant about the dangers that lurk in the halls of education–starting from elementary public schools all the way through colleges and universities. My question is why didn’t that moron of a teacher use muhummad’s name or allah?? And, although some muslims may have respect for Jesus, they do not recognize him as anymore than a good man or prophet. And what is more astounding is that college students PAY to be abused like this!

Maybe it wasn’t that “Jesus” he was talking about. Maybe he was refering to one of the guys who does the landscaping around his condo. He coulda been on an illegal amnesty rant.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:3, topic:38778”]
Maybe it wasn’t that “Jesus” he was talking about. Maybe he was refering to one of the guys who does the landscaping around his condo. He coulda been on an illegal amnesty rant.
[/quote]Maybe he really meant Obama

Not likely from a university professor!

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:5, topic:38778”]
Not likely from a university professor!
[/quote]Well I was thinking that when he decided to name a “deity” he could not remember Obama’s name so he put down Jesus.

‘Jesus Stomping’ Professor/ FAU Story Continues With Non-Apology, Then Apology and Now Charges Filed Against Student Who Complained
by Myra Adams

2013/03/25

Late on Friday, March 22nd, Fox News and the Palm Beach Post, among others, reported that FAU finally had released a statement of apology:

[quote]FAU officials issued a statement of apology, saying the exercise was optional and that no students had been disciplined as a result of it.

“This exercise will not be used again,” the statement continued. “The University holds dear its core values. We sincerely apologize for any offense this caused. Florida Atlantic University respects all religions and welcomes people of all faiths, backgrounds and beliefs.”

But the story does not end there.

Today Fox News reports:

University Files Charges Against Student who Refused to Stomp on Jesus

A Florida Atlantic University student who filed a complaint against his professor after he was ordered to stomp on the name of Jesus has been brought up on academic charges by the school and may no longer attend class, according to documents obtained by Fox News.
[/quote]
Believe what I say, and pay no attention to what I do! This was almost predictable!

Here’s hoping the student sues the university into bankruptcy.

Siegel, who is Jewish, told an interviewer at the convention that pro-Israel Christians want to see Jews “slaughtered.”

“Oh no, the Christians just want us to be there so we can all be slaughtered and converted and bring on the second coming of Jesus Christ,” he said at the time.

Crazy…