Mexican plea for climate consensus as hurricane nears

Mexico’s climate negotiator issued a tearful plea Friday to UN colleagues to put aside their differences for a global pact, as a superhurricane headed for his country.
“In about four hours, Hurricane Patricia will hit the Mexican coast,” Roberto Dondisch said at the closing session of a fraught round of negotiations in Bonn. “I don’t think I need to say more about the urgency to get this deal done.”

http://news.yahoo.com/mexican-plea-climate-consensus-hurricane-nears-172328643.html

Talk about the blind leading the blind. Hey how about concentrating on batting down the hatches and stop trying to get money. We can not change the weather and no matter how much one cries and moans about how evil rich nations are the fact is what is being proposed is simple nonsense.

The fact is these schemes have done more to harm nations that have added burdens onto their citizens and accomplished zilch in stopping “global warming”.

Never let a crisis go to waste, to push your liberal agenda.

As if Mexico doesn’t have enough financial difficulties. Who is the “climate change” cow anyway?

Maybe this genius should study weather patterns, specifically el Nino’s effect on changes in weather conditions, including what causes hurricanes.

climate negotiator-- fancy word for con artist

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Mexico doesn’t have the luxury of this kind of botique politico…maybe they are hoping to blame the hurricane on the US for political and/or economic gain.

It’s just another El Niño year, they have been recorded since pre-Columbian times and have nothing to do with the so-called climate change “crisis”.

“In about four hours, Hurricane Patricia will hit the Mexican coast,” Roberto Dondisch said at the closing session of a fraught round of negotiations in Bonn. “I don’t think I need to say more about the urgency to get this deal done.”

Yeah, we all need to hurry up and hold a banana in our ear to keep the alligators off Sesame Street…

Don’t worry, Mexico. After we build that wall you’re going to pay for, it’ll keep a lot of hurricanes out of your country.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Nothing about climate change makes any sense.

It makes every bit as much sense as Mexico pleading with us to destroy our economy to keep hurricanes away from Mexico.

How about Mexico talking to the One who actually controls the climate?

Do you mean Al Gore?

Where is the Viking? :banana::banana:

Unless the Aztecs. Mayans, or Incas left weather records that have been deciphered, Pre-Columbian times would be an overstatement. The term “El Niño” was first used near the end of the 19th Century, and apparently had been in use by South American fishermen for some time earlier. Effects that fit the El Niño pattern have been observed since the 18th Century, with events that could be attributed to El Niño phenomena going back to Pre-Columbian times.

Long story short, El Niño was known before human industry became pervasive in Western Europe and North America, and there is evidence of El Niño from the 18th Century on back, pre-industrial and Pre-Columbian.

BTW, while this hurricane was the worst “on record”, records have not been kept very long. The info I’ve seen is that records - i.e. not hit-or-miss anecdotal accounts lacking standards for comparison - were begun less than 150 years ago. And needless to say - or needless, but for the MSM not mentioning it, either - instruments that would indicate hurricane strength were invented much more recently. So “worst on record” means much less than the phrase suggests.

I take all this with a grain of salt because with the emphasis on pushing warmings we are inundated with end of the world scenarios almost daily. People are told that this storm was worse than all others and another event recently was the worse in 200 years which was later said was in 1000 years. From what I had read the storn ended up doing more in Texas than Mexico.

Remember this all flies in the face the revelation that storms have actually diminished in occurrences.

Now remember in the next few days we will see a major earth quake or be destroyed by a comet flying by.

BTW I heard rumors that that Island a member of congress said was going to tip over is now leaning to port:devil: