Mexico Has A Great Idea

VOTING CARD

Yep, SCOTUS just shot down any hopes of this though.

Just…no.

It’s pretty common, around the world, that you present ID for an election.

Of course, progressive liberal commies hate voter ID laws. It makes it harder for them to cheat.

Gun registries are also pretty common around the world. That doesn’t make them a good idea.

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:6, topic:39865”]
Gun registries are also pretty common around the world. That doesn’t make them a good idea.
[/quote]While I don’t disagree with the objective statement, I think your comparison is a classic “apples and oranges” example.

Any of these Countries around the world have a right to keep and bear arms in their Constitution?

“The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected.” -Thomas Paine - this applies to CITIZENS only!

I have one of those. It’s called an IFE in Mexico and its much much more than a voting card. You can’t so ANYTHING without it. Can’t get a drivers licence, can’t get a job, can’t open a bank account, can’t cash a check, can’t get a phone…

I would never wish that hassle and control on other Americans.

When you apply/renew your card you have to bring in 2 pieces of ID (birth certificate, passport, old card, military service card (if you’re a man)) and proof of address. All that information is scanned into a central database, and so are all your fingerprints.

I’m not against voter ID laws, but I’m against a national database with every single citizens’ fingerprints like they’ve done here in Mexico (yes I’m currently in Mexico).

Actually the federal constitution never grants the right to vote to just citizens.