Miami passes resolution condemning “hate speech” against Muslims

[FONT=&amp]Islamic laws forbidding free speech come to Miami. Who decides what’s good speech or hate speech? Who decides what’s good and what’s forbidden? Nezar Hamze and the Hamas-tied Council on American-Islamic Relations? A Muslim Brotherhood tied operative? Much of what is written about me in the mainstream press is slander and lies. Isn’t that hate speech?
“And it’s not about courage as a politician, it’s simply heartfelt empathy for someone’s freedom to express their religion and not be persecuted for it,” Russell said. “And to recognize it as a religion of love. Not to judge a group of people by the minority few within their population that commit bad crimes.” But it isn’t a religion of love. Antisemitic speech is at unprecedented highs — everyone shrugs. But criticize the most brutal and extreme ideology on the face of the earth, and it’s hate speech jail for you.
[/FONT]
Miami passes resolution condemning “hate speech” against Muslims | The Geller Report

So people’s increasing concern of muslim violence stepping up in the U.S. is now hate speech? Each day there are reports of muslims who have been observed wanting to do jihad and even going so far to doing so.

It’s a toothless statement. Nothing about “jail”. You can’t be jailed for “Hate speech” in America. Britain doesn’t have a constitutional protection of free speech, so that often used analogy doesn’t work over here.

The frog is in the pot with “warm” water. :eusa_think:

> Islamic laws forbidding free speech come to Miami. Who decides what’s good speech or hate speech? Who decides what’s good and what’s forbidden? Nezar Hamze and the Hamas-tied Council on American-Islamic Relations? A Muslim Brotherhood tied operative?

> US group CAIR named terrorist organization by United Arab Emirates

> The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) was one of 82 groups around the world designated terrorist organizations by the United Arab Emirates, placing it in the company of Al Qaeda, Islamic State and others.

> US group CAIR named terrorist organization by United Arab Emirates | Fox News

> DOJ: CAIR’s Unindicted Co-Conspirator Status Legit

> IPT News
> March 12, 2010

> DOJ: CAIR’s Unindicted Co-Conspirator Status Legit :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism#

There you go again CW. Yes you can, oh sure it takes bending the law a lot but its happening in the US. In 2015 a man was sentenced to jail for hate speech and its starting to pop up across the US.

UN international human rights law MANDATES laws against hate speech.

**Let’s have a look at UN international human rights laws which the United States has ratified.
*The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
…and:

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights establishes that all people have the right to freedom of expression before stating:

Any propaganda for war shall be prohibited by law.
Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.
The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide states that direct and public incitement to commit genocide is illegal.

Finally, the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination states:

States Parties condemn all propaganda and all organizations which are based on ideas or theories of superiority of one race or group of persons of one colour or ethnic origin, or which attempt to justify or promote racial hatred and discrimination in any form, and undertake to adopt immediate and positive measures designed to eradicate all incitement to, or acts of, such discrimination and, to this end, with due regard to the principles embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the rights expressly set forth in article 5 of this Convention, inter alia:

(a) Shall declare an offence punishable by law all dissemination of ideas based on racial superiority or hatred, incitement to racial discrimination, as well as all acts of violence or incitement to such acts against any race or group of persons of another colour or ethnic origin, and also the provision of any assistance to racist activities, including the financing thereof;

(b) Shall declare illegal and prohibit organizations, and also organized and all other propaganda activities, which promote and incite racial discrimination, and shall recognize participation in such organizations or activities as an offence punishable by law;

© Shall not permit public authorities or public institutions, national or local, to promote or incite racial discrimination.*

CW, we are well on our way to a country of rule by man rather than rule by law.

Thanks Oaks, now I see why leftists complain about citizens yelling “USA” during sports games. They see it as discrimination against others. :Thud: :hippy: :ninja: :devil: :freaked:

Except “USA” isn’t a “racial” characteristic so the UN nonsense doesn’t even apply.

No, he was charged, and the charges were dropped.

LOL FINALLY you have made friends with Google, I threw that in just to see if you would chase it down, good on ya!

Point is he was CHARGED, you take it one step at a time, frog in the pot of cool water and the Dims are PROS at this…

We’ve had people charged for all sorts of crazy things. I remember reading about someone arrested over a hundred years ago for “Disrespecting a gentleman’s honor” for offering a rich temperant dude some cheap booze(before the amendment to ban alcohol). There will always be some dumb arrests. Doesn’t mean those things are actually enforceable. We’re not going to have people sent to jail for “hate speech”. Not in 2016, not in 2036. If we’re talking some huge distance in the future, sure, maybe. I can’t know how culture can change in 50 years, but it’s not even remotely on the horizon.

I was referring to;

> Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.
>

Miami passes resolution condemning “hate speech” against Muslims
Muslims as a whole aren’t “bad” any more than Christians are as a whole “bad”. We blame Muslims for those bombing but not all that long ago Christians were bombing abortion clinics. Not exactly the same but on the other hand not all that different either. Both were citing their bibles & killing. But the point is that there are dangerous splinter groups of any large group of people because any large group of people will have nuts in it. And yes, I consider killing people to save people as kind of a nutty idea. So I don’t blame “Muslims” but I do blame some people that happen to be Muslims. Hate speeches against them I don’t have a problem with.

Now Tex you know better than that, Christians are not bombing abortion clincs, that among other thing goes completely against anything in the Bible or Christianity. That said the Muslim book is VERY SPECIFIC about “killing infidels”. Their ‘Bible’ does not hold back anything about what and when to do as in cutting off heads etc.

The Bible I read, King James Version, has only and exactly 10 COMMANDMENTS, no more, no less, the remainder of the Bible is teachings on how to problem solve.

Christianity is based upon Love, The Muslim life is based upon HATE!

> “And to recognize it as a religion of love."

:coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray:

Gotta disagree. Look at the number of incidents per million practitioners. There’s a MUCH higher percentage of the Muslims committing terrorism, little condemnation, and a LOT of financial and moral support behind the scenes. Islam is fundamentally antagonistic.

All of the so-called Christians bombing abortion clinics weren’t. I don’t have the facts and figures, but there were mainly two groups attacking abortion clinics and abortion doctors. Probably most of the were actually pro-abortion, and sought attention for the movement, while claiming the Christians did it. The others were people who lost a family member to abortion, and put the full blame on the doctor & the clinic.

IF you are a Christian and you are out bombing abortion clinics in the name of GOD, then you are not Christian, you are as mess up as Radical Muslims…

And, they’re right!

There used to be a militant anti-abortion group called “Operation Rescue”. They believed that if you saw a child being beaten to death on the street, you would do anything, including murder, to save the child’s life. In a way, they were correct, but the circumstances between the street incident and the abortion mill were/are completely different. If I remember correctly, there were only a handful of killings by this group or others like them over the course of their existence. One or two of the murderers were caught and put on trial, unlike the murderers inside the abortion mill. There were even a couple of TV movies made about these incidents–always showing the abortionists as heroes. When you consider all the humans killed by the muzzies compared with those abortionists killed by whacked out pro-lifers worldwide, it isn’t even arguable.