Michele Bachmann Not Running 2014

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, a conservative firebrand, presidential candidate and favorite of tea party Republicans, said Wednesday she will not run for another term in the U.S. House.

Bachmann announced her decision in a video on her website.
“My decision was not influenced by any concerns about my being re-elected,” Bachmann said. She narrowly won a fourth term in 2012 over Democrat Jim Graves, a hotel chain founder who is running again in 2014…

Bachman Won’t Run in '14

Thoughts? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Run for the next Senate seat, Bachmann!

She had trouble winning her district in an election which Romney won her district by 15 points. Despite her denial I would bet her not running again has to do with not wanting to get embarrassed by a loss. Minnesota has clearly soured on her I dont think she would have much of a chance to win the senate seat

I completely agree with you. However, I wonder if it had to do something with her migraines. Yet, I also wonder if she is gearing up for a 2016 run.

While I understand that Bachmann faded away in the 2012 Primary, I commend her for tirelessly defending the free market. Sometimes Republicans need to be reminded about the principles of a free market just as much as democrats do.

I like Sara Palin much better. That’s all I’m going to say.

I never was a mega-Bachmann fan, but she is one of the few Republicans in MN.

While the words “free market” come out of Bachmann’s mouth with some regularity, I’ve seen little evidence that she really understands the concept, or that she has any genuine allgeiance to it. It’s interesting that the group most inclined to attach to Bachmann the concept “free market” is the command economy leftists, who do so for the pure reason of defaming the concept. It seems unlikely to me that anyone genuinely interested in free markets would want a crazy hack like Bachmann anywhere near the movement. A shameless liar, even by Washington standards; her exit can only be a good thing to anyone truly interested in expanding liberty.

How exactly is she a liar?

She is a strong opponent of Obamacare which contradicts the principles of a free market. I would like to see an example of her discouraging free market principles.

One example that always struck me comes from a talk she gave in which she referred to a speech by Obama where he discussed the distinction between negative and positive liberty. When discussing this speech, Bachmann strongly insinuated that Obama’s reference to “negative liberty” implied that he believed liberty to be a bad thing. Now, I’m assuming Bachmann — a law school graduate — is at least literate enough to understand the concept of “negative liberty” refers to rights against external interference. Her attempt to spin this against Obama struck me as deeply cynical and shameless, not to mention insulting to the intelligence of her audience (that they wouldn’t know any better).

Bottom line is that this makes it much easier for the GOP to retain the seat.

I like her. Always have, as long as I’ve been aware of her. I think when the issues are put before her, she votes the right way damn near most all of the time. She’d do very well in my area as a representative.

I think her campaign skills are lacking. She was the candidate I supported initially in the last Potus run. I think her faltering approval has more to do with her failed campaign than anything else.

I supported Newt after her campaign floundered. She got a small check from me. So did Newt. Romney’s local office got some cash for a shirt I mow the lawn in, and a yard sign that has my boy Steve Scalise on it.

FWIW, I don’t feel any sitting elected official should be able to run for a higher office during their term. They should be required to vacate their office if they choose to run for a higher position.

I guess you despise Joe Biden as well, since he made the cynical remark, “Republicans want to put you back in chains.”

I heard so many people praise her voting record that I’ll honestly have to say I didn’t look it up. The praises came from people who don’t generally go around just making stuff up.
That said, I’d agree with her lacking campaign skills. For example, my husband walked by the t.v. as I was watching the primaries. Michele Bachman happened to be on. Not only was he NOT impressed with her message, she has the same problem MOST female politicians do: When they feel strongly about an issue, they don’t sound strong; they sound shrill.
Bachman is no exception.
There are many female politicians and commentators with whom I agree. I’d just prefer to read it over hearing it.

I supported Newt after her campaign floundered. She got a small check from me. So did Newt. Romney’s local office got some cash for a shirt I mow the lawn in, and a yard sign that has my boy Steve Scalise on it.

FWIW, I don’t feel any sitting elected official should be able to run for a higher office during their term. They should be required to vacate their office if they choose to run for a higher position.
Agree wholeheartedly. It’s right up near unconstitutional, besides.

LOL-Now Jim Graves is dropping out.

Bigfoot- Since we are from the same state, who do you favor for the Senate seat to replace Saxby Chambliss?

Paul Broun.

I am going with Jack Kingston. I should of guessed you would support Paul Broun, since he received Ron Paul’s endorsement.

I supported Paul Broun before he got Ron Paul’s endorsement. Broun will join the Paul/Cruz/Lee caucus. Kingston will just be another Chambliss.

I’m not interested in standard Republicans anymore.