Michelle Obama 2016 Senate?

It’s only hypothetical this point, but a survey done by Public Policy Polling gives Mrs. Obama the lead over Sen. Mark Kirk 51 to 40 percent, should she choose to challenge Kirk in 2016 for an Illinois senate seat. From PPP.

Source: Michelle Obama for Senate? PPP Says Yes | NBC Chicago

God and I thought the Government would only be made up of old ugly white men? Who would have thought an old ugly black chick could play with the good ole boys?

Just had to bring race into it didn’t you

What else makes her “qualified” in the eyes of the racist democrats?

I sometimes hold out hope that we are better than them. Misplaced I guess.

just trying to figure out why.

Do you really need to know why your statement there is out of line? If so, you are a huge reason why the Republican party is dead.

I guess sarcasm doesn’t play over too well anymore in politics. Or maybe the liberals have used that excuse to death.

Sarcasm and racist statements are two completely different animals.

[quote=“tperkins, post:6, topic:37404”]
Do you really need to know why your statement there is out of line? If so, you are a huge reason why the Republican party is dead.
[/quote] Agreed.

Tis a joke. I’ve seen a lot of racist junk from Republicans, and this was not one of those times.

I don’t see Michelle running for Senate. She seems to have little if any political aspirations. She’s more into advocacy.

It is in very poor taste and shows much of the attitude of the poster on a public forum.

So, ugly old white chick would be ok?

On a public forum, no in my opinion. When you grow up you may understand why. Until then, enjoy your baiting!

[quote=“jjf3rd77, post:7, topic:37404”]
I guess sarcasm doesn’t play over too well anymore in politics.
[/quote]If you meant it as a sarcasm, that’s what emoticons are for. Tone on the Internet can be expressed with emoticons. Even though it may have seemed obvious to you without emoticons, not everyone is on your wavelength. Actually, besides emoticons you may see some use a parenthetical like “(~sarcasm~)”. It’s good practice always.

Nevertheless, I agree with tperkins here. No matter how many emoticons/parentheticals you would have used on this one, saying something like that on a public forum was using poor judgment. Now saying it to a friend, standing in the living room having a beer with you, and giving him a wink while you say it, is entirely different from a public forum. On a public forum, you are not having a beer with your buddies.

Saying it the way you did, on a public forum, regardless of emoticons/parentheticals, can be easily interpreted as pure nastiness rather than a casual political comment.

I don’t think you meant to be nasty, but that’s the way it looks.

Now the Internet is fast and loose and anonymous, but that doesn’t mean we can disregard how things come across. And, yes, we all have thick skins, but like it or not, what you say here can be taken as a widely accepted Republican attitude.

I certainly don’t mean to be abrasive, but you appear to be blurting things out without thinking them through. Slow down and give it some thought before you press that submit button. I’m not saying you need to consider being “politically correct” (indeed, most on here hold that approach in low regard, myself included), but you can still say it like it is without getting extreme.