Military Group Demands Air Force Punish Colonel For Publicly Praising Jesus

Military Religious Freedom Foundation president Mikey Weinstein is demanding that the Air Force punish an overseas commander for telling an official interviewer last month that Christ “is my guide and affects all of my decisions.”
Lt. Colonel Michael Kersten, 39th Medical Support Squadron Commander of the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, was responding to a question about his biggest inspiration for the “Meet your leadership” section on the installation’s website. Kersten explained that, in his estimation, Jesus “teaches to do all things as unto the Lord and I believe this is synonymous with integrity first and excellence in all we do.”

Read more: Military Group Demands Air Force Punish Colonel For Publicly Praising Jesus | The Daily Caller

At one time faith was an major part of military life with chaplains going along with the troops and now with the willing cooperation of this administration christian religion is under attack.

Good for him!

He was speaking personally in an interview and they claim to have a legitimate case? That’s not even in the right time zone, let alone the ballpark…

Their reasoning:

“Lt. Col. Kersten was making it clear, ‘I’m a Christian, and everything that I do is affected by my love of Jesus.’ We get all that, and we made it very clear in the letter that that’s great privately,” Weinstein told the Washington Times. “But this is an official Air Force website, on the internet, he’s being introduced to everyone who’s going to be working for him.”

Read more: Military Group Demands Air Force Punish Colonel For Publicly Praising Jesus | The Daily Caller

It was still an interview. It wouldn’t have been any different for someone having said the same thing in the Barbers Pointer (base newspaper) when I was stationed there (NAS Barbers Pt., HI).

> " . . . he’s being introduced to everyone who’s going to be working for him.”

So what?

What’s the difference beteeen THAT and him telling them the same thing in person, which I’m sure he would do anyway?

What, now it’s illegal to tell your troops your beliefs?

Their “reasoning” (if it can be called that) is way off.