I believe in God the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and
earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord: who was conceived
by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead and buried.

The third day He rose from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and
sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, whence He shall
come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy worldwide church Christendom, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

I submit to the Sovereignty of God with humility and a prayer for mercy
and grace. I submit to the Christian Church the body of Christ as
built upon, and only upon, the teachings of the Holy Bible’s prophets
and apostles all being inspired by God. I pray to the Sovereign God
of the Bible for mercy and grace on the merits of the Lord Christ. In
the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, one God
in Three Persons. Blessed Trinity. Amen.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

PS
God Bless His Christian Church … Christendom.

`

3 Likes

An excellent idea Jack! I, too often, have also had a random though concerning my beliefs float around in my head. Most of the time I just fad away into thought while poking around the internet searching for sources and doing research.

2 Likes

Seravee , have you ever looked into inclusivism?
I think you would find it interesting to say the least :slight_smile:

I have studied the concept before but never at length.

Jack I will now use your thread.

Once more today as I always do I found myself meditating upon the Four Noble Truths and came to a realization. I have always thought of suffering as an absolute, something that will always be. It is not. The first Noble truth is that there is suffering the Forth is the path leading to the cessation of suffering. As such suffering cannot be an absolute if one can free oneself from it. I always thought of it as a sort of metaphysical truth of Buddhism but it is more of a reflection.

Thanky …

…prithee drop in anytime with an insight :cool:.

♫ ♪

`
I picked this up off the web and thought it was worth posting:

Start quote.
"We need to be very clear on something very basic as regards to Trinitarian thought, namely, that the doctrine we call “the Trinity” is absolutely nothing more than an attempt to synthesize the biblical data concerning God and what is called God. Whatever we say about God or the Trinity must affirm the following five statements:

1. There is one God (Exod. 8:10; 2 Sam. 7:22; Isa, 45:5; 1 Tim. 1:17, etc.)
  2. The Person called the Father is God (Matt. 23:9; 1 Cor. 8:6, etc.)
  3. The Person called the Son (incarnated as Jesus) is God (John 1:1; 8:58; Col. 1:15, etc.)
  4. The Person called the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 15:28; 1 Cor. 2:11; Heb, 9:14, etc.)
  5. These three names (“Father,” “Son,” and “Holy Spirit”) are not different names for the same being but refer to individually distinct Persons (Matt. 3:16-17; John 17:1; Acts 7:55, 10:38, etc.)
    End quote.

♫ ♪

1 Like

`

Some Thoughts For Atheists.
by Jack Hectorman

So what is the New Testament solutions for atheists. Its simple really. Step one is for them to resign their self-appointed position as God of their own lives. Hand in their resignation, apologize, keep their mouth shut, listen instead of talking, and learn from their Creator. Here is an inadequate analogy, but one that does make a decent point: A marine recruit, after two weeks of basic, starts mouthing off to his D.I. and says, "I now know more than you do about the Corps and I’ll be instructing you, henceforth, about what to do and what not to do. It cannot work that way in the Corps or in the spiritual arena with the Sovereign God. The atheist has to come to the place where he shuts his proud mouth and starts listening instead of talking. After he does that, and only after he does that, will he find the way to get his un-regenerated nature changed. Its as simple as the sincere prayer from the heart, “God be merciful to me a sinner.” The point is that after the human man hands in his resignation as God of his own life, then its usually only a very short time and a mere formality before he becomes a born again Christian, [Jh. 3:3] what the theologians call regeneration [that is, he experiences a supernaturally changed nature] so that he no longer has his old un-regenerated unchanged spiritually dead fallen nature that does not have the power to experience more that mere head belief. He now can believe with his heart in the Lord Christ as his Savior.

So what good is Christian apologetics if becoming a Christian is not primarily about evidences, logic, and reason? Apologetics always mixes in a lot of simple Bible gospel truths with its presentation of logical evidences and thus ends up presenting the simple gospel message to the atheists. The Sovereign God uses the truth to regenerate the human heart and He uses primarily, in my view, the simple truths of the gospel to get this done. As the Apostle Paul put it, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes.” Ro. 1:16 The gospel is the simple truths about the Person and salvation work of the Lord Jesus found in the New Testament. The gospel is not Christian Apologetics, even though Christian Apologetics contains the gospel and does clearly present the gospel. Also it is vital to know that Christian Apologetics is NOT necessary for the salvation of human beings. History wide, tens of millions of human beings have become Christians long before there was any such thing as Christian Apologetics which is, historically speaking, a recently established intellectual department within Christendom.

What prevents saving heart faith in the Lord Christ as Savior is not lack of evidences or lack of answers to intellectual questions or lack of logical proofs, rather its the fact that the human man is locked down in his will on his false assumption that it is he that is in charge of his life and it is he that is, de facto, his own God. Message to the atheist: It can never work that way. There is only one God in Heaven and he is not going to share His throne with a slug like you, or me or any other mere human man. On the day you sincerely hand in your resignation as God of your own life, will start the days just ahead where you will find true peace and happiness as you come to believe with your heart in the Lord Christ as your personal Savior.

:diamonds:

See the OP for an explanation why this is posted here, if you are wondering.]

`

2 Likes

I have been stressed here of lately. Worrying about paying for school, a $1K hit, a new car payment, $70 more per month for 7 years and just in general work, more work with no staff increases. It finally hit me today as I realized that I had violated one of my own rules that is to not worry.

As soon as I remember this my worries just seemed to fade away. Truth be honest I do not know why I am worrying. I ran the numbers and I know I can afford it all easily. When ti comes to money I always worry when I shouldn’t.

** … Needs To Readjust His Priorities. **

The brains, gifts, talents, abilities, capacities, IQ, motivation, & spark, that some humans have been
given that allows them to design and bring into being entities like computers, is fascinating to me.
I read somewhere that old Albert E. could keep a running total of several-digits-addition in his head
as fast as one could read them off, 5678 + 6784 + 8764 … for as long as one wanted to continue
that exercise. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I do believe there are some humans that can do that.
We have Grand Chess Masters that amaze us with their memory skills and analytical abilities, advanced
mathematicians and physicists with IQ’s off the charts, and every 6 months or so we get a new generation
of advanced electronic devices. Its all quite fascinating.

Now we have on-coming nanotechnology! They claim that’s gonna make a major change in the world, comparable
to what oceanic shipping and international air travel did for humanity. Every year the world produces more and more
material products. I just checked the CIA World Fact Book and the world’s GDP for the year 2013 was 87.25 trillion
dollars. [2013 was the last year they demonstrated]

My view is that the Sovereign God intends to gradually make materials irrelevant to human political decision making,
that is, I believe He is going to take money out of the picture totally. How? By eventually creating a huge surplus of
materials/money/wealth/physical objects for everybody. Life is not primarily about “things.”

Why do I believe that? Because materials/money/wealth/physical objects is the least valuable entities in the universe.
Why? Because the Universe is packed and saturated with this stuff. Look at the Hubble Deep Field. Consider the retail
value of the raw materials in just our little tiny puny solar system. The definitive nature of the Universe makes "things"
irrelevant ~~ compare a sand-worshiping ant in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

Another reason: A God that was/is primarily concerned about materials/money/wealth/physical objects, would
not be wise. A wise God would be concerned about the “true riches”, entities like acquired wisdom, personal maturity,
social maturity, hope, tough love, patience, kindness, long-suffering, forgiveness, mercy, grace, courage, empathy,
perseverance, faith and fighting heart …

… and not about materials/money/wealth/physical objects, except as useful tools to impart and teach the “true
riches” to the human race. It takes materials/money/wealth/physical objects in order to do that, so I’m not gonna
bad mouth money. I love money and wrote a blog with that exact title. Republican Operative / I Love Money.

The human race cannot advance to the higher spiritual levels by focusing on money, wealth, and the physical objects that
money can buy. The human race advances to higher spiritual levels by focusing on the heart and core of the teachings of
the New Testament and its spiritual message built around the gospel of the Lord Jesus who is the one and only solution to human
social and political problems. The human race desperately needs to take their focus off Materialism and Money and Physical Objects
and re-focus on the gospel of the Lord Jesus as presented in the New Testament. Its pragmatically unwise to focus upon that which
does not have the power to solve the growing dilemmas and crippling problems of humanity here in the 21st century. We need
spiritual solutions to spiritual problems, and we need to cease absurdly trying to apply economic or political solutions to spiritual
problems which is like trying to drive a large nail into an oak tree with a fresh laid chicken egg.

♫ ♪

1 Like

Really like this one.

Hello J.

I’m glad you did and thanks for taking the time to tell me, I appreciate it.

Also, I’m looking forward to reading any insights you have on any subjects
within your areas of interest. There is, imo, a lot to be said for simply
putting one’s thoughts into an essay and posting them for others to read,
… /grin … there is no law that says we have to debate-haggle-argue over
the points in the essay.

Btw, I pull up and read your paragraphs on Rawls [written to me in the PM]
now and then [I saved them in my Documents]. I re-read them a couple of
days ago. Quite interesting, they are. Yet I can’t harmonize Rawls with the
last (1) 6000 years of human history [which present very impressive presidents],
and the (2) ultra-bloody 20th century, and the (3) present war-ish [political and
military] 21st century. I gotta believe that (1), (2), and (3) represent the future
of humanity [that is, until Christ’s earthly kingdom’s gospel gradually and
incrementally does it’s transforming “yeast” work throughout the entire lump of
dough [the world.] Nonetheless, its admirable that you’d like to find some political
principles [Rawls] to eliminate all that up there from reoccurring …

:smile:

… even though I don’t think “Rawls” can be a successful “peacemaker” or "referee"
between the opposing forces of the ideological Left and the ideological Right …

… not to even mention being a “peacemaker” or “referee” between the opposing
forces of Hell [the “goats”] and Heaven [the “sheep”].

Maybe “peacemaker” and “referee” are not the right words, not the words you’d
choose to describe what Rawls wants to accomplish, so let me simply restate my
view on Rawl’s hopes and dreams like this:

My view: There are no *secular principles that can ever be embraced and maintained
by humans to prevent humans from waging constant ugly and socially destructive
political-ideological wars and all those political wars interspersed with off and on
bloody military wars here and there around the globe.

*Rawls presents secular principles.

PS

J, if you have any thoughts on Rawls, perhaps you could post them here:
http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f22/calvin-politics-45991/index2.html

`

Well, I am fixing to reach my post 8000 here at RO and I think I’ll post as my 8000th post
the most important (for we poor lost sinners who repented and believed) verse in the Holy
Bible …

`
My post 8000

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”__The Lord Christ
John 3:16

2 Likes

You should have done that for post 316…

Excellent idea. I would have but it never crossed my mind.

From Samaritan’s Purse:

Video link: New Faith in an Ancient Land | OCC Thailand.
(Heart warming and encouraging as well. The Lord Christ’s Great Commission progress is slow, but certain.)

An interesting site for those interested in Christian World Missions: Joshua Project

Link: An excellent site to bookmark: The Samaritan’s Purse website

`

2 Likes

`

2 Likes

"In my view we have a significant number of non-Christians within the Christian
Church (Jesus called them ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’) who have conveniently
learned the Christian language and know the right words to use to pass themselves
off as Christians, and they have a head knowledge of many Christian beliefs, and
they have an appreciation for many of the moral teachings of Jesus, but they are
as spiritually dead as a door nail, they are not born again (regenerated) by the
Holy Spirit and have only a head knowledge of Christianity. Moreover they basically
approach Christianity from an intellectual approach, they being **unregenerated cannot
see Christianity for what it actually is, namely a warm loving relationship with a Person:
God as their Father, the Lord Christ as their Savior, and the Holy Spirit as their teacher,
instead Christianity for them is primarily an intellectual exercise, something about which
to endlessly argue as they desperately and hopelessly try to reconcile a Biblical based
Christianity with their fallen unregenerated nature. __Jack Hectorman

**John 3:3
"Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they
are born again."

1 Like