I plan to use this thread, from time to time, to post notable short quotes taken from posts written by posters here at RO. Perhaps some others would like to post some of their favorite short quotes, taken from threads here at RO, that they believe to be outstanding enough to post here in this thread. If so, please remember to include the posters name, the post number, and the link to the thread ~~ doing this could stimulate some readers here in this thread, to go over and read the linked thread from which the quote was taken, and then to make their own contribution to that thread, which imo will be a good thing for RO.
Please remember to:
(1) Keep the quote short (the post number and link you provide will allow readers to read the entire post).
(2) Select only what you consider to be truly an outstanding quote that makes a very notable point.
(3) Include the posters name (ie give credit).
(4) Include the post number.
(5) Include the link (so any readers here can go read the entire post from which the quote was taken, and maybe the whole thread).
(6) Perhaps give the quote a short title (maybe you’d like to select one or two key words from the quote for a mini title).
Here is my first entry:
** Prolonged Adolescence **
“Okay, the goal was to shift the culture, women shouldn’t be dependent upon a man, and we did. Women are raised to be independent as the author asserts, often by mothers themselves forced to be independent. The feminist credo, women don’t need men, has been realized. Okay, now what? Women turn thirty, look around, and all the men are gone. They’re not really gone, but there’s a great likelihood that they’re either married or not interested in being married, many of them stuck in a prolonged adolescence they see no reason to end. There’s no need for them. Absent any need, with sex readily available without commitment, let alone marriage, the needs of men become simplified; rent, beer, cable TV. Men don’t have anything to work for that requires real work and even sacrifice. At least nothing they want that badly.”__Sway