Mooch Whines About Living In White House: “I Wake Up Each Day In House Built By Slave

[ATTACH]2768[/ATTACH]

I get the idea she hates everything American

I don’t think slaves were ever used for such types of labor. It was done by people with pride in their accomplishments. Slaves had little to be proud of in what they were required to do, except that, like all people, no doubt many of them strove to do their best regardless of whether or not it was recognized.

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:48812”]
I don’t think slaves were ever used for such types of labor. It was done by people with pride in their accomplishments. Slaves had little to be proud of in what they were required to do, except that, like all people, no doubt many of them strove to do their best regardless of whether or not it was recognized.
[/quote]From what I read she is right but that is because they could not find skilled labor so slave owners were enlisted and they had their slaves do the work. Slaves were not all illiterate and they had skilled slaves that crossed many fields.

However seeing how michelle views america and how she feels being put on by being the first lady and how she suffers I am sure she meant it derogatorily.

She can get out of it early which will suit me just fine.

Treason trial and a guillotine will suit ME just fine

Well, then. If Mooch-chelle really cared about it, she could do an ancestry search, find the descendants of those slaves, and pay them rent! Mooch-chelle demonstrates what she cares about with her actions. Along about now she’s probably planning her next vay-cay to Hawaii, Cape Cod, or some tony Euro-destination.

Seems to me that my memory of the White House history is slightly different than that of Ms. Obama. It is true that the original WH built in the 1790’s was built with labor that involved slaves, free black men, and European immigrants.

It was close to completely destroyed, burned down, during the war of 1812. I am not sure about the labor force to rebuild other than the stone work was accomplished by stone masons imported from Italy. I am just too lazy to dig around and look for the details.

During the Truman administration the building was gutted saving only the exterior walls. A steel framework building was erected inside the walls from the second building. This is the building that exists today. An exterior from the 1800s with an interior framework, rooms, hallways, etc. erected in the late 1940’s to early 1950’s. Thus awakening daily in the WH is not awakening in a house built by slaves. I strongly suspect that the labor force during the latest rebuild was union rather than slave.

If someone would like to look it up and post more information I would appreciate it.

Wow. So I searched this comment. Talk about taking it out of context. While, as a fan of “I Have a Dream,” I don’t attach much significance to the “achievement” of putting a black man in the Oval Office or constantly obsessing over race, this wasn’t whining.

“It’s the story that I witness every single day, when I wake up in a house that was built by slaves,” Obama told the 3,000 graduates and their families Friday, adding: "And I watch my daughters–two beautiful, black young women–head off to school–waving goodbye to their father, the President of the United States, the son of a man from Kenya who came here to American–to America for the same reasons as many of you: To get an education and improve his prospects in life."
Michelle Obama: Every Day, ‘I Wake Up in a House That Was Built by Slaves’

The quote is about how America is a place where you can improve your life. She’s noting the change in our culture as a nation from a nation that used slaves to build a mansion to a place where the descendants of those slaves can achieve their dreams with education and the opportunity that abounds in the United States. I can’t argue with her about this idea. Opportunity may be dwindling because her husband is a lousy president and Congress sucks, but she’s not wrong on this.

With Democrats, especially the Obamas, it’s all about race, 24/7. Of course, now Hillary and Dems are politicizing Ali’s death.

If Trump had any political sense he would point out that the labor participation rate among African Americans is at, or near, an all-time low while the number receiving public assistance/welfare is at an all-time high under this Democrat regime.

But, no, Trump is too busy personalizing his attack on the “Mexican” judge he claims is treating him unfairly because, as Trump implied, the judge is a Mexican and has it in for him.

We had better hope Trump gets to actually run against Hillary Clinton, as she might be the only person in America more frigged-up than himself.

I saw a similar (or the same) article later in the day yesterday. She was less clear than your interpretation. And how hard would it be for her to have said something along the lines of, “Every day I wake up in in a house built with slave labor, the wife of the President, sending our children to one of the finest schools in the nation …,” and maybe add something like, “Our country has progressed and become better since the White House was built, and you who are graduating are poised to continue that progress.” Mrs. Obama is a lawyer, and has speech writers at her beck and call, so I’m sure she could have emphasized both past progress and the graduates’ potential better and clearer than I just did, had she cared to and believed it.

IMO, IF Mrs. Obama believes the US is much better regarding civil rights than it was in the 1940s and 1950s (which she did not experience, even as a child), she is too tied to race hucksters like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jeremiah Wright to give reality full credit.

Pete - you are spot on.

I feel that when some of Ms. Obama’s previous comments are recalled your interpretation is incorrect. She is/was whining about an unfortunate circumstance that our nation followed for a couple of centuries. I believe that like many other people she is unaware that it was the first Republican President who freed the slaves and the Democrats who imposed the Jim Crow laws.

Exactly, she segues from “House built by slaves” to her girls waving goodbye to the their father the black president; this is nothing but an attempt to keep perpetuating the lie that slavery was an institution based on ethnicity.

1. There have always been free blacks in the United States and slavery was not limited to blacks.
  2. Nobody was ever enslaved in the United States, all slaves in the United States were brought here as slaves and then sold to U.S. citizens upon arrival.
  3. I have never once heard the race baiting liars utter any concern for the Chinese slaves who were here laboring under the same slavery institution, probably because the Chinese chose to simply be grateful when we abolished slavery and used their Liberty to live a good life instead of whining about slavery for 150 years while making nothing of their Liberty but excuses.

Michelle and Barrack are despicable Racist’s, every word they utter is polluted with their hatred of the United States and white people in general; only lazy Racist fools would place any credence on the diarrhea that flows from the minds of the Obama family.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:10, topic:48812”]
I saw a similar (or the same) article later in the day yesterday. She was less clear than your interpretation. And how hard would it be for her to have said something along the lines of, “Every day I wake up in in a house built with slave labor, the wife of the President, sending our children to one of the finest schools in the nation …,” and maybe add something like, “Our country has progressed and become better since the White House was built, and you who are graduating are poised to continue that progress.” Mrs. Obama is a lawyer, and has speech writers at her beck and call, so I’m sure she could have emphasized both past progress and the graduates’ potential better and clearer than I just did, had she cared to and believed it.

IMO, IF Mrs. Obama believes the US is much better regarding civil rights than it was in the 1940s and 1950s (which she did not experience, even as a child), she is too tied to race hucksters like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Jeremiah Wright to give reality full credit.
[/quote]I don’t listen that closely to this moron, but that whole side of the aisle is dedicated to worshiping skin color. I have no doubt she believes she’s somehow still a victim of slavery. Perhaps it’s comments like this that reflect movement away from it. Perhaps a comment like this helps move the left away from its skin worship. Sorry for being optimistic, folks :wink:

I’d say that it’s time for the White Irish and/or Europeans to start whining!

It may surprise some that Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were White slaves and they were America’s first slaves.

These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were.

This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.

Whites were auctioned on the block with children sold and separated from their parents and wives sold and separated from their husbands. Free Black property owners strutted the streets of northern and southern American cities while White slaves were worked to death in the sugar mills of Barbados and Jamaica and the plantations of Virginia.

The one responsible for the court case making slavery legal in the U.S. … was himself a black man from Virginia!

Michelle Obama’s original Irish ancestor has been traced and named as Andrew Shields, an Irish immigrant who fought in the American Revolution as a Georgia resident.

Andrew Shields was Michelle Obama’s great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather and his family was slave owners.

Funny.

The discovery of this unexpected family tie between the nation’s most prominent black woman and a white, silver-haired grandmother from the Atlanta suburbs underscores the entangled histories and racial intermingling that continue to bind countless American families more than 140 years after the Civil War.
Perhaps it’s time our mixed-race nation stopped worshiping skin color.

I remember a few years ago that a group was supposedly representing Egypt against Israel for all the goods they “stole” (read “were given to them”) at the time of the Exodus. Now who is going to represent Israel for 400 years of Egyptian slavery?

Or just quit bitching altogether, get a real job and make something of themselves.

I guess that won’t happen till the “free” money runs out.