More bad news for alarmists: Polar bears doing just fine

MORE BAD NEWS FOR ALARMISTS: POLAR BEARS DOING JUST FINE
by JAMES DELINGPOLE

27 Feb 2015

Today, as I’m sure you know, is International Polar Bear Day. And I’m afraid the news is bad…

…Bad news, that is, for all those environmentalists from David Attenborough downwards who have spent the last few years assiduously bigging up the polar bear as a “threatened species.”

As I’ve argued before, any species which has experienced a five-fold increase in its population in the last fifty years (in the 60s there were about 5,000 of them; now there are around 25,000), sounds less like a rare and endangered creature and more like a verminous, out-of-control menace in sore need of culling.

And the latest figures from a GWPF special report by Dr Susan Crockford appear to confirm this. (h/t Bishop Hill)

[quote]On almost every measure, things are looking good for polar bears. Scientists are finding that they are well distributed throughout their range and adapting well to changes in sea ice. Health indicators are good and they are benefiting from abundant prey. It really is time for the doom and gloom about polar bears to stop.

The dramatically low September sea ice of 2012 had apparently no effect on Southern Beaufort Sea polar bears, or at least we have heard nothing to indicate any adverse effects. Even though 2012 had the longest open-water period in the Southern Beaufort since at least 1979, researchers doing mark-recapture work in the area reported no starving bears during the summer of 2012 or the spring of 2013. Instead, an aerial survey in the fall of 2012 reported that the numbers were higher than they had been in a decade.
[/quote]
:howler: Reality is a Climate Denier! :howler:

AlGore lied, protesters froze.

1.4 million protected birds are killed by wind farms, and Obama gave out 30 year permits to them to be free of prosecution for violating federal laws.

That doesn’t even take into account all the wildlife killed by massive solar farms.

1 Like

Al Gore did more damage to the environmental movement than all the skeptics put together. He had no business making outlandishly fatalistic claims about a problem whose effects a century from now will most likely manifest as shifting weather patterns, a few more feet of ocean level rise, and stronger hurricanes. The IPCC should never have tried to scare people into become environmentalists, because when the predictions don’t pan out, people become skeptical. And news about ships travelling through the Northwest Passage without an icebreaker for the first time ever were drowned out by the fact that there was still actually ice in the Arctic. According to Gore, it was all supposed to be gone.

Gore is one of the reasons I can see why people (myself included) have lost all respect in the Nobel Peace Prize. It should never have gone to Arafat, Gore, or Obama (who didn’t close Guantanamo and ended up killing far more innocent people than his predecessor with drone strikes). There’s probably a couple other people who didn’t deserve it either, but those three stand out.

BUT, that doesn’t mean there’s not a problem, and we should think we have the green light to pour whatever we want into the atmosphere. Chinese cities are drowning in sulphuric smog. It looks like pictures from London’s “Great Smog” in 1952, which might have killed more than 4,000 Londoners in just a couple days.

We don’t really know how much the atmosphere can handle, and it’s very foolish to negatively impact systems that are necessary for one’s survival, like the oceans and the atmosphere. How robust are they? Who knows. Is it something we really want to find out? THAT’s the message that should have been sent out, instead of a “scared straight” campaign. When you actually talk to kids about what drugs will really do, they’re much more likely to avoid them. When you simply forbid something because “it’s like putting your brain in a frying pan” (remember that old commercial), it doesn’t have much of an effect.

As you can see, I really don’t like Al Gore
/end rant

…and yet you still continue to tout the same BS that Al Gore touts.

1 Like

…all the while attempting to shine himself as really being a Conservative - or at least a Republican - who truly cares which candidate wins the nomination for President.

…meanwhile, all the while, telling Conservatives and/or Republicans that we’re too stupid to understand how to be the good stewards of the land that we always have been.
…withOUT needing some government entity to force us.

It’d be insulting if it weren’t so pathetic.

2 Likes

I don’t know how anyone can say definitely that we have global warming or that it’s man made or that it’s settled science. As far as pollution goes, no one wants to live in pollution and I don’t know anyone who does. I also don’t know anyone who doesn’t care about conservation and being good stewards.

Where we get into trouble is how the issue is being used as a political tool, or a means to end or to blame for non related issues like this;

French President Hollande Says ‘ISIS Terror Caused by Global Warming’

2013 conflict in Syria blamed on drought caused by global warming

Military: Global Warming may Cause War

2 Likes

`
In light of the excellent OP …I offer this ↓

Global BBQ: How to eat a polar bear and live to tell about it

Polar bear meat is an excellent source of iron and protein.
Polar bear fat is a great source of vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids.

Recipe: Polar bear meat is usually baked or boiled in a soup or stew.
And according to this Inuit website, please remember one very
important thing. Do not to eat your polar bear raw.

They suggest cooking polar bear meat and adding potatoes and
carrots for a healthy stew. Serve it with bannock and a glass of
milk or unsweetened juice.

Again, to prevent trichinosis, make sure your polar bear is well
cooked. Aging or freezing the big-lug will not destroy the worms
found in his meat.

If you plan to eat a polar bear, as I do, also note that polar
bear liver should never be tasted as it can be poisonous and
fatal. The Eskimos even go on to say, “it is never to be fed
to the dogs.”

… and I feel that its wrong to any longer deny polar bear to the masses
as a culinary delight and wall trophy ornament. The people have a right
to Polar Bear protein and Polar Bear decorative wall fixtures. Also the people
must have variety in their diet. Reportedly Alfredo Gore-man sneaks out at
night for black market Polar Bear brains. (Scramble them with eggs to utterly
delight your palate.) Polar Bear for the masses! Social Justice and Equality
cries out. Let your voices be heard.

… lol …

`

I have a great recipe for fricassee of bald eagle…and it has the advantage that you can use the talons as toothpicks when you’re done.

I’ve never claimed to be a Republican. I’ve gone on record saying my views are liberal (and therefore controversial here). Please don’t put words in my mouth. If there is a post of mine where I claim to be a Republican, kindly post it. If you can’t, please retract your accusation.

Those polar bears are just not cooperating they are propagating.

We need global-warming polar bear condoms. Are the global-warming crowd and PETA volunteering to put them on the polar bears?..

Actually, Swaggy, I don’t care what you try to present yourself as, as your presence was not requested, and is nothing to me.

Well, you cared enough to try and slander me with false accusations. Since you can’t put up, you should shut up. But not before you admit to being wrong about me being a Republican, and apologizing to me. That is, after all, what someone with a modicum of integrity would do when proven wrong.

Needless to say, I’m not holding my breath.

But I do suspect the mods here would look down on an unsupported allegation (a lie, in other words) about someone. I won’t report you this time, but if you want to make personal remarks about me, make sure they’re fact-based, or I will report you in the future.

Good day!

Gimme a break. It isn’t like she called you a punk or anything. She mistook you for another type of liberal, aka, a Republican. We have many here that share your views. Honest mistake. Grow up, and quit getting offended at trivial stuff.

2 Likes

No kidding. Furthermore, I don’t apologize to (deleted by RWNJ) who don’t deserve one.

For those who are currently denying that there ever was a “Global Cooling” claim, read THIS

I believe the claim is there was never a “global cooling” consensus among scientists. Modelling climate takes enormous amounts of computing power and the computers of today are exponentially more power than the computers in the early 70’s.

However, even if the consensus was “global cooling” among climate scientists over 40 years ago, what is the point of bringing it up now? Science constantly updates itself. Remember when everyone believed all food chains required solar energy? When doctors used to think drinking milk could help ulcers heal? When astronomers weren’t sure other planets existed, and believed the universe would eventually collapse back in on itself? When exploratory surgery was often the only way to diagnose cancer? Phrenology? Spontaneous generation? Steady State Theory? Miasmic vapors? Geocentrism?

There’s an expression that applies here: don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. The science (and predictions) of the early 70’s didn’t always pan out, and were sometimes embarassingly wrong. That was true in all scientific disciplines.

Here’s just a small list of medical advice that has recently changed: Subsequent research can change medical advice that was based on initial studies - The Washington Post

I think it would be pretty important to kill the polar bear first, too…

Sooooo, the science*** isn’t ***settled? WHO KNEW? But that would mean that the scientific community has been deliberately lying to us and continues to do so… but we can totes McGotes believe 'em this time for realsies, right?

3 Likes

Then, in fact, there IS NO SUCH THING AS “SETTLED SCIENCE!” You “warmists” need to wake up and smell the coffee.