More Bad News for Biden: Only 22% Want Him to Run Again in 2024

A note from the OP: Consider these numbers, and then consider that we are asked to believe that this senile rapist actually beat Trump in the 2020 election, and election where the incumbent (Trump) received more votes than any other incumbent in history, including Obama, Clinton and Reagan. Let that sink in for a while.

Just when it seemed President Joe Biden could get no lower in the public’s political esteem, a new I&I/TIPP Poll of Americans’ preference for the 2024 Democratic presidential ballot is a shocker: Just over one out of five want Joe Biden back at the top of the Democrats’ ticket in three years.

No favorite has emerged among the large field of potential challengers to run against Biden in the 2024 primaries. The I&I/TIPP Poll gave respondents the names of 16 other possible candidates, asking “Who do you want to see run for president on the Democratic ticket in 2024?”

As mentioned, Biden was named by just 22% of those asked, while 12% mentioned Vice President Kamala Harris, whose abrasive style, lack of preparation, and revolving-door personnel changes have drawn criticism even from formerly friendly Democrats and the left-leaning media.

None of the rest rose above low single-digits: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg garnered 4%, while New York Rep. Andrea Ocasio-Cortez, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts Rep. Joe Kennedy, and Georgia 2018 gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams each attracted 3% of the support.

I didn’t even want him to run the first time

3 Likes

Of that 22%, how many are alive? :innocent:

(rhetorical)

3 Likes

Apparently Bob Dole made a joke in his final memoirs that were read aloud at his funerals. Looking forward to heaven, he said he will finally get try voting as a dead person. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually was under the impression that he was always going to be a 1 term president. I was quite disappointed when his administration recently hinted he may run again.

1 Like

Well, @Gene, at least we can agree on one thing although for far different reasons.

I am surprised that you don’t like Biden now. He’s now a communist puppet which should make you happy. I know he’s not Bernie, but he’s the next best (or worst) thing. He was electable while Bernie was not. That’s why James Clyburn went to bat for him so he could get the African-American vote in the Democrat primary, and be pulled out of the historical dustbin, which is where Biden belongs.

1 Like

To me, the story comes as no surprise. The surprise is how people are not connecting the dots with the stolen election of 2020. Biden’s massive huge win which we are all supposed to believe, and this story less than a year later, do not jibe.

Can you imagine any president in history who won with huge numbers being ousted by his own party less than a year into his first term? Any president who really truly won with such huge numbers would have legions of supporters screaming and protesting his ousting.

I can only wish he was as you describe him. For instance, one of the things he ran on being able to do in his first 100 days by executive order was forgive student loan debt (partially). Now he’s not only broken that promise, he’s ready to bring back full scale repayment in February. This isn’t surprising though, given his history with credit lobbyists.

:joy:

So now we know what you want, @Gene. You want your student loans forgiven. I am sorry that you had to pay more for college than I did from 1967 to ‘71. Even grad school wasn’t that expensive in the late 1970s.

Part of the trouble was the student loan program which ended up with kids paying for school with what they thought was “Monopoly money.” There was too much money pumped into the system which resulted in too much university spending and excessive professor salaries. Professors should make their money from the private sector, publishing, consulting and the like. There are excellent professors, but when they collect 6 figure plus salaries, they are taking from their students.

1 Like

Why should I pay for a loan that somebody else took out?

Eh… the Government baited people into it, and doesn’t allow bankruptcy for students.

They’re part to blame for why the crisis is so bad. If you’re saying making the Government chip in for their “oversight”, is making you pay for it, that’s fair. It’s more like lost revenue though, the government will have to take on debt to replace the student payments they’re not getting.

I nearly have three degrees, no student debt as my employer picks up about 1/3 the tab and I pay the rest. I’ve gone to a state school with rather low tuition rates. The one time I did have debt related to school was with a car loan, I’ve never taken out a student loan.

I don’t really have skin in the game, but I sympathize with those who do, which includes at least two sisters of mine who went to far more expensive places.

That was just an example. I already paid off my student loans

I am not buying into any of that narrative. First of all, who is so dumb that they can get baited into taking out a loan, assuming the bating actually happened, and I am not sure that even happened.

At any rate, this is all off of the topic.

And I am still laser focused on my first comment: " Consider these numbers, and then consider that we are asked to believe that this senile rapist actually beat Trump in the 2020 election, and election where the incumbent (Trump) received more votes than any other incumbent in history, including Obama, Clinton and Reagan. Let that sink in for a while.

Oh it happens:

Plenty of academies are basically predatory schemes; because even if the student reaches the point they can’t attend anymore, the school is still getting their money. They got the money out of the loan, it’s already in their accounts. The bank is the one that has to do the work squeezing the students.

Well, you know, there are hucksters and used car salesmen and all sorts out there, so what can I say. If they have broken a law then prosecute them. But I am not paying for every buffoon who makes a stupid choice in their life. I could go into this a lot more, and talk about who is planting the idea in kids heads that college is a must in the first place when plumbers make more than college grads, but that is another topic.

And as I said, this is ALL off of the thread topic.

Yes, this is systemic. Government overpromotes a certification culture, hands out loans to kids who barely know anything about finance, and who again, are not allowed to declare bankruptcy, and lays in other incentives that financial institutes hem in on to convince as many go as possible, regardless of how many actually graduate.

It’s Government making a trap for people. Are you really that surprised?

I think it is the Left in particular that pushes that narrative that you need college. Conservatives respect all hard work, the trades like plumbers and electricians, joining the military, and farmers too.

Colleges are where kids are turned into Godless Marxists. Liberals love colleges.

A new Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll reaffirmed an ongoing trend that former President Donald Trump is increasingly more popular than his successor, President Joe Biden.

Released exclusively to The Hill, the poll showed that 48 percent of likely voters would back President Trump in a 2024 matchup versus 45 percent for Joe Biden. As noted by The Hill: