Morning-after pill for all ages?

The Obama administration is expected to allow all ages to purchase the morning-after pill.
Obama administration says it will allow all girls to have morning-after pill access | Fox News

Does this administration have any morals?

Yes, because what the country needs is more unwanted pregnancies.

[quote=“StephenGOP, post:1, topic:39785”]
The Obama administration is expected to allow all ages to purchase the morning-after pill.
Obama administration says it will allow all girls to have morning-after pill access | Fox News

Does this administration have any morals?
[/quote]No but then that was never in doubt.

It’s not the government’s place to be making moral decisions on behalf of its citizens.

But what gets me is this. So-cons are opposed to welfare and abortion. The morning after pill prevents unwanted preganancies and abortions but so-cons want the government to restrict access to it. Unbelievable.

So-con questions for CJ

The morning after pill is just a bunch of hormones to make a female ovulate.

You want these pills available for any age? Wow!

I don’t see how the FDA is allowing this. Children need a prescription to buy birth control pills. This pill is 40X stronger than a birth control pill. Also, it was never intended nor tested on children.

I don’t expect it to last for long. There will be kids that will misuse the pills, get sick, get nasty side effects, maybe even have their development affected. The law suits will force any manufacturer of these pills to go out of business.

So why is murder illegal? Why is rape illegal? Because it is not morally correct!

How many times do we have to explain this to you conservatives? Sheesh! Murder and rape involve a victim. Theft does too. And assault. Do you understand that or are you deliberately being obtuse?

Taking the morning after pill involves no victim. It is none of the government’s damn business and they should stay the hell out of it, and so should conservatives.

Right back at you:

You are voluntarily killing a human being, and now in the case of a minor who is unfit to make such a decision,

Do you understand that or are you deliberately being obtuse?

Edit: Keep in mind, I don’t care if the parent is a liberal. I think they should be required to take these daily.

This is a lie. I am not opposed to welfare. I am opposed to it being a lifelong source of income. I am opposed to it being used without restrictions such as mandatory drug testing, and a finite time period.

I’m not anti abortion, I’m pro liberal abortion. I think if you vote to keep it legal, you should own up and demonstrate your rightiousness.

[quote=“JStang, post:10, topic:39785”]
Right back at you:You are voluntarily killing a human being, and now in the case of a minor who is unfit to make such a decision,Do you understand that or are you deliberately being obtuse?Edit: Keep in mind, I don’t care if the parent is a liberal. I think they should be required to take these daily.
[/quote] If Plaln B is murdering a human being so is wearing a condom.

You clearly have no idea what the morning after pill is.

You are the one who doesn’t understand. Educate yourself.

If only so-cons would do that. Boy, what a happy world we would have.

So-con questions for CJ

I cannot believe anyone would want a child to be allowed to purchase the morning after pill. Do you think a child can understand the side-effects of the pill? This is just disturbing.

Depends how old the child is and the specific child.

Any child! Are you now conceding that it is disturbing to allow any child access to the morning after pill without a prescription?

While I do oppose minors having sex, and I am not sure of my position on the government’s role in the commerce of minors, I am glad you destroyed that fallicious argument.

It is an argument that allows for an unlimited government. And they (some, not all) can’t get it through their thick skulls that the government has a role in some places because it should protect liberty, and not have a role in places so that it doesn’t violate liberty.

If Jack’s post was referring to abortion, I would say the unborn child is the victim.

That is very, very debatable as demonstrated by the large number of other threads dedicated to the debate on abortion…and because it’s a debate of morality, as opposed to facts and figures it is an endless, unwinnable argument for either side.

Debatable and important to all Americans!