Mosquito problem

Does anybody know of a good heavy duty product that kills mosquitoes alongside the house and in the yard that won’t kill my plants?

We had an Orkin guy try to come over and get rid of the mosquitoes in our house and it didn’t work.

I know fly strips work against them. Other than that all I can say it to make sure there is no standing water anywhere to at least reduce their numbers. That or a bug light.

Crosses and Holy Water.

I remember going south to a funeral after a tropical depression. I am now convinced that mosquitoes are directly from hell. So that should work.

:rofl:

Look for products with real Citronella Oil, not just a Citronella scent. The Tiki’s work pretty well with the real stuff if placed to allow for the wind and blow the smoke back to the area your trying to clear out.

Bats. I’ve heard two different stories on this. Bats generally eat mosquitoes - or, bats fly high, and mosquitoes low. Anyway, we have lots of bats around here (they used to live in our attic until we got it sealed), and very few mosquitoes. Are yours the size of the legendary Alaskan mosquitoes? A 45-70 might work.

I can’t enjoy hanging out outside b/c of how bad the mosquitoes are. :frowning:

I use a two gallon sprayer and mix Spectraside Termite and Carpenter Ant killer concentrate, it kills EVERYTHING. Spray the grass and all bushes and trees.

Spectracide Terminate® For Termites | Spectracide

Spectracide Terminate® Termite & Carpenter Ant Killer Concentrate | Spectracide

I hope your neighbors are not too close, because if they are you need to ask them to do some spraying as well.

You mean there is actually a termite spray that is available to the general public? I thought that all ended with the outlawing of chlordane. Of course, chlordane works, and a someone I knew who was part owner of a pest control company said a good chlordane spray was effective for 25 years.

Looks good to me. We are often plagued by carpenter ants (part of the cost of living in the woods), and we also have a few carpenter bees. I have seen a few termites, but not near the house. And Japanese beetles! They riddle my rosebushes. I didn’t notice larder beetles on that list - we’ve had a few of them - but then, that’s an outside spray, so I suppose it wouldn’t be likely to be listed, even if it would work. I didn’t check, but I suppose you have to keep pets away from it for a while.

[quote=“candygirl, post:1, topic:31501”]
Does anybody know of a good heavy duty product that kills mosquitoes alongside the house and in the yard that won’t kill my plants?

We had an Orkin guy try to come over and get rid of the mosquitoes in our house and it didn’t work.
[/quote]I really do not have the problem since the city sends a truck around at night with a sprayer on the back that releases stuff to combat insects.

For carpenter ants my grandparents use moth crystals. As for the bees the only things we do is just to put a water sealer over it and it seems to keep them away. Ants have killed a tree if front of my parents house. I told my step dad to buy some moth crystal and sprinkle around it and water it in but he didn’t believe me when I told him that ants could kill a tree given time.

I use these;

"Rescue Japanese Beetle Trap with Attractant JBTD-SF16 ", better than any others I have tried.

Amazon.com: Rescue Japanese Beetle Trap with Attractant JBTD-SF16: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I neglected to remove it from last year and it still worked this year.

I gave up on the Japanese beetle traps. Seems as though they just attracted more beetles to the area. This year, I got a bucket of soapy water and kept drowning them.