Mother of Murdered Diplomat is pissed at Obamas remarks

"My son is NOT very optimal… he is very dead’: Mother of U.S. diplomat killed in Libya attack slams ‘insensitive’ Obama’s comment about security fiasco"
The mother of an American diplomat killed during a terrorist raid on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi has hit out at Barack Obama for describing the attack as ‘not optimal’, saying: ‘My son is not very optimal - he is also very dead.’

During an interview shown on Comedy Central, Obama responded to a question about his administration’s confused communication after the assault by saying: 'If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.'
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline today, Pat Smith, whose son Sean died in the raid, said: 'It was a disrespectful thing to say and I don’t think it’s right.

‘How can you say somebody being killed is not very optimal? I don’t think the President has the right idea of the English language.’
[LEFT]
Read more: Barack Obama on Benghazi attack: Mother of diplomat criticises President’s ‘optimal’ comment | Mail Online

[/LEFT]

From the linked article here’s the context of the much quoted sentence:

Stewart asked: 'Is part of the investigation helping the communication between these divisions? Not just what happened in Benghazi, but what happened within.

‘Because I would say, even you would admit, it was not the optimal response, at least to the American people, as far as all of us being on the same page.’

Obama responded: ‘Here’s what I’ll say. If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.’

He continued: 'We’re going to fix it. All of it. And what happens, during the course of a presidency, is that the government is a big operation and any given time something screws up.

'And you make sure that you find out what’s broken and you fix it.

'Whatever else I have done throughout the course of my presidency the one thing that I’ve been absolutely clear about is that America’s security comes, and the American people need to know exactly how I make decisions when it comes to war, peace, security, and protecting Americans.

‘And they will continue to get that over the next four years of my presidency.’

I was surprised at how far down in the article one must read to find it … poor writing, IMO. Anyway, I don’t think Obama is taking the killings unseriously so much as the whole thing - the terror attack, the fact that A-Q was involved (obviously not “on the run” as Obama until recently claimed), the stupid failure to have anything remotely resembling adequate security in an increasingly dangerous place, the obvious failure of his foreign policy support of the “Arab Spring”, the stupid failed attempt to divert blame to a video, the stupid failing attempt to cover up what happened - has Obama overwhelmed. He can’t and won’t admit it, but his face is being ground by reality into the fact that he is in wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay over his head; then there’s the reelection campaign, where things are not going too well. Obama is in shell-shock, and has a consequent acute case of foot-in-mouth disease.

I’m not a G. W. Bush fanboy - nor do I hate him - but the contrast between Bush’s response to the 3000 deaths and multi-billion dollars damage attack on American soil 8 months into his Presidency and Obama’s response to an attack killing 4 Americans at a consulate 44 months into his Presidency could hardly be greater. Had 9/11/01 happened 8 months into Obama’s Presidency he would be catatonic if his current response is any gauge.