Musician thread

Post if you play a musical instrument. I’ve been playing guitar for 15 years. Acoustic rhythm. Honky Tonk, Blues and Rockabilly. Right now own just two, A Martin D15M and a Seagull SWS.

My jamming room. The whole room shot was before I had enough hangers to put all the guitars up. I started playing guitar 30 years ago, after hearing The Number of the Beast.

I used to be quite good at piano, graduated from a 7-year music school while I was in HS, but then I moved to uni and don’t have access to a piano to practice on. Should probably sharpen my skills when I visit home.

You need a keyboard. Lots of nice ones out there. That’s one thing I don’t have, a nice keyboard.

JStang, very cool setup and a nice selection of gear. I’ll post some pics later. I’ve always been an acoustic guy but lately I’ve been toying with the idea of picking up an electric. Either a Fender Tele or a Hollowbody Gretsch. Can’t beat those two in the twang department. Is that a sunburst Les Paul I see?

best thing I could pick was my ------never mind.

Iced Tea is what the Les Paul color is. It’s allright. I’m picking up an SG, and a Strat and a Tele sometime in the near future. Those four are more for limited roles. They’re more for collection purposes. I do play my Les Paul, and I’ll probably play the strat for some things.

The real player is my Ibanez RG1550, black one with maple fretboard. It does everything well. By far the best guitar I’ve ever played, and I’ve played more guitars than I can count.

What year is the Les Paul?

How many of them can you play at one time?

I never played really well, and I don’t have enough strength left in my fingers to do much with them, so I gave away both my guitar and mandolin. I’m playing the piano a lot more, but I don’t play that all that well, either. Like I’ve told many people, I know the right keys to hit, but can’t always get the message from my brains to my fingers.

2012 I believe. Bought it new last year.

Just one, but that’s usually enough.
I use different guitars for different songs, styles, bands in some cases, or desired tones.
Sometimes I keep them tuned differently. I think they’re all in standard tuning at the moment.

I started playing bass guitar at age 14 (1977). I did well with it but never got into a band. I jammed with several people. Went to college to study for a real job skill and bass guitar slowly went away. My wife bought me a nice entry level Ibanez bass guitar about 2-3 years ago and play it when the needy people in my life allow that to occur which is seldom. I consider myself to be a hobbyist.

When I took music in grade school the only instrument they gave me was the Cymbals. I never was keen on learning music.

[quote=“samspade, post:12, topic:39126”]
When I took music in grade school the only instrument they gave me was the Cymbals. I never was keen on learning music.
[/quote]that’s better than getting stuck with the rythym sticks! :howler:

Most folks are happy to play the radio.

Jstang, Here’s a couple of pics of a custom Gibson Advanced Jumbo that I had for a while. I really wanted to like this guitar but I couldn’t connect with it. In retrospect it probably just needed a proper set up. I ended it trading it in for a Martin.[ATTACH]1847[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1848[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1849[/ATTACH]

Jstang, Here’s a few pics of a custom Gibson Advanced Jumbo that I had for a while. I really wanted to like this guitar but I couldn’t connect with it. In retropect it probably just needed a proper set up. I ended it trading it in for a Martin.[ATTACH]1847[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1848[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1849[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube_share;6LnycPYeqDk]http://youtu.be/6LnycPYeqDk[/video] Here’s a video noodling around on it. Damn I really miss that guitar.

I just picked up this Seagull [ATTACH]1850[/ATTACH] These are seriously underrated guitars. I would put this up against a J-45 or a Martin D-18 anyday. It’s loud and very well voiced and a joy to play. Lotta bang for the buck.

That’s nice. I don 't do much acoustic, it’s just not me. I prefer a much more brutal and trauma inducing sound. I do a little Pink Floyd on it, and some other cac. Stairway, Dust in wind and so on. Cool vid there. I may look into doing youtubes if I get time.

That’s nice. I don 't do much acoustic, it’s just not me. I prefer a much more brutal and trauma inducing sound. I do a little Pink Floyd on it, and some other cac. Stairway, Dust in wind and so on. Cool vid there. I may look into doing youtubes if I get time.

I cant decide between a 50’s reissue Tele or a Gretsch. Any suggestions? For an amp, I’m going with a Fender Excelsior.