Muslim Brotherhood to Egyptian Jews: Come back

Essam al-Erian, deputy head of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party, called on Egyptian Jews to leave Israel to the Palestinians and return to their own homeland.

“Their presence in Palestine contributes to the Zionist occupation of Arab lands, and every Egyptian has the right to live in his country — nobody can deny that,” Erian said during an interview on the privately operated Dream TV on Thursday. …

“Egyptian Jews should refuse to live under a brutal, bloody and racist occupation stained with war crimes against humanity,” Erian said.

Read more:Muslim Brotherhood to Egyptian Jews: Come back | Times 247
Lets translate this to reality. If Jewish people returned to Egypt, what could they expect? From reading what is going on over there, it is clear their lives would not be worth a plug nickel. The Muslim Brotherhood is terrorizing everyone and promising death to Christians and those that they dislike.

They would just enslave the Jews again.

Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly,
'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I’ve a many curious things to shew when you are there.“
Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne’er come down again.”

I certainly hope Jews who moved from Egypt to Israel (I wonder how many were forced out or fled murderous persecution!) over the past 6+ decades have sense enough not to go back!

Come back so we can kill you?

Well this is a pessimistic thread. True, but pessimistic

I would have used the word “realistic” rather than “pessimistic”, but yeah that reality is sad. And that reality won’t be sad just for any Jews remaining in Egypt and Coptic Christians. It may be delayed some, but it will come home to many Egyptian Muslims who are not “Muslim enough” (or are of the “wrong” sect) for the Islamists.

PeteS, the “Muslim enough” persecution is already happening. It is also happening in India as well, but its “Hindu enough”.

I’ve heard of Muslim-on-Hindu, Hindu-on-Muslim and Hindu-on-Christian (Orissa State) violence in India, but not Hindu-on-Hindu. Wouldn’t be surprised to learn of it, though: our news coverage of such things is somewhere between sketchy and none; it would be a natural progression for the “Hindu Nationalists” (the phrase I’ve heard) who have been attacking Muslims and Christians to turn on Hindus who aren’t supporting them enough.

You know what seems like a nice place that I’ve never heard bad things about… Tanzania.

Other than a border dispute with Malawi, the first news page from a Bing search seems to be mostly about Tanzanian sports. But if there are humans in that country …

I think they’re content with making sure elephants aren’t poache and fishing