My son earned his orange belt today.

My son earned his Tae Kwon Do orange belt today.

He has worked very hard and hopes to earn his Green belt in July. We are very proud of him.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:1, topic:39243”]
My son earned his Tae Kwon Do orange belt today.

He has worked very hard and hopes to earn his Green belt in July. We are very proud of him.
[/quote]That is great

Congratulations! :ninja: :banana:

Congratz!

Thanks All!

If he stays on his present course of study, he will make his black belt within 3 years. That’s at least three classes per week and sometimes more. The instructor told me that if they learn the requirements for each belt by attending at least 3 classes per week, one could conceivably earn the first black belt within 3 years.

Some of the other parents thought 3 years must have been one of those wussified accelerate programs. However, when I told them that involved a minimum of 3 nights per week and some extra weekend classes, they changed their tune. Most of the other programs are only 1 or 2 nights per week. I know several other that have studied with this instructor. All say that he is teaching the tougher, old school approach. This is instructor is also very Christian based in approach. He is a retired police detective that sees this as his calling. All special events start with a prayer. So, the Eastern mysticism part of this is not pushed onto the children.

Our son is very goals oriented. He has most of his path to Eagle Scout mapped out and he is already looking at the path to his black belt. We are very proud of him.

Today, My son achieved his green belt.

I don’t know if I mentioned it before in this thread but, I am very proud of him.

Congratulations. My daughter is only 2 years old, but I know what it feels like to be proud of your kid every time they reach a milestone.

Thanks All!