NASA bans the word 'Jesus'

NASA bans the word ‘Jesus’**
LINK >> NASA bans the word ‘Jesus’ | Fox News

The name of Jesus is not welcome in the Johnson Space Center newsletter, according to a complaint filed on behalf of a group of Christians who work for NASA.

The JSC Praise & Worship Club was directed by NASA attorneys to refrain from using the name ‘Jesus’ in club announcements that appeared in a Space Center newsletter.

“It was shocking to all of us and very frustrating,” NASA engineer Sophia Smith told me. “NASA has a long history of respecting religious speech. Why wouldn’t they allow us to put the name Jesus in the announcement about our club?”

Liberty Institute, one of the nation’s largest religious liberty law firms, threatened to file a federal lawsuit unless NASA apologizes and stops censoring the name ‘Jesus’…(SNIP)

They also alleged such announcements would cause NASA to violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
No it doesn’t.

Can you just picture whoever complained, “OH, I saw Jesus name. My eyes, my eyes, they’re bleeding. The horror, please protect me from the mystics, praise science.”

Ridiculous.

I am old enough to remember the moon landings. I saw them live on tv. I remember the astronauts reading the first chapter of Genesis, live on tv, when they swung around and saw the entire earth. And now it has come to this.

What are they going to do about their Mexican janitors then?

Yeah, I remember that, too, and Mary Madelyn O’Hare wanted Bible reading from space prohibited. Nobody paid any attention to her then. And remember when the flight went wrong - which one was that, Apollo 11? and we weren’t really sure - at least a lot of us weren’t - that the astronauts were ever going to get back home. Prayers were going up for them all over the country, perhaps all over the globe - and not a peep out of Mrs. O’Hare.

Let folks write in to NASA and complain. see what happens.

The extremists ran off at the mouth in the 60’s, now they are in charge.

PS It was Apollo 13. By the way there is a excellent 5-star movie by the same name.

I guess they cannot be mentioned in the paper either, I was hoping NASA would do something profoundly stupid to lose public support; they have become a PC Propaganda machine but are still riding on their reputation from former days.

We need to cut their funding entirely and let the private sector do space right.

In related news: San Diego backs off ban of ‘gender-biased’ term ‘Founding Fathers’ | Fox News

What? Wow.

Funny response from another forum:

[QUOTE=paralambano]Senor;

I did not get that memo.

Senor Jesus Jesus di Maria Ronaldo Messi don Diego de la Vega,
Z!
Maintinance Dept.
N.a.s.a.[/QUOTE]